50 and 65 Parents??

How do people not understand, 2 Longer 6-7 lap motos is the same riding as four 3-4 lap motos, and it is cheaper(for the riders). Does everyone really need first place? If so, we can set up a donation system so who ever wants a first place trophy gets one.

I have a few 1st place trophies to add to the donation pile!

Darrel, I am pretty sure the track knew one of those kids back ground lol...but yes I do agree that the parents know what class they are signing up for....if chillitown didn't have such cool trophies and a podium maybe it could have been a true beginner class.

One thing about it at both these tracks my rider had fun as did many many others. Both places are just trying to grow the sport, make as many people happy as they can and still pay the bills...so if anyone on here missed any of these races...try to make there next ones because its only going to get better!!!

Hey, here's a twist... The situation with riding 65cc/85cc Beg and 65cc is my fault. That's right.. not Chillitown. As a representative of OMA, I MISUNDERSTOOD THE RULE.. I thought that if a 65cc rider was NEW to riding an 85 that YES, he could ride his 85 in that beginner class. We do allow a 50cc rider to ride in 65/85 Beg and that was the "logic" or lack of, in my head. I told 2 parents they could do this. I have a call in to Jeremy about it. I was wrong. I apologize for this misunderstanding. If you look at the results, for a FEW of the riders that rode both, it was a good fit, they didn't dominate either class.. For the sandbagging parents and/or parents of the riders who told me that their kid was new to an 85 and going to ride the 85cc in that beg class, yet was dishonest & rode their 65 instead in that beginner class (if there were any), you make me want to quit this sport.

Sigh...

Connie

Connie, I'm not sure anyone holds you responsible, I think you were played a bit by at least one parent. I had said earlier it looked like one particular rider has raced for at least five years, after a little more looking I see where it's at least his seventh year of racing. After a parent having his kid on Cobras and KTM's since 2007, how does the word beginner even pop into his head?

If I am understanding the posts correctly, it sounds like Chillitown also added a 65 extra class. So this kid raced three classes? I don't know that as fact, I was not there. If we're talking about the same rider, it looks like he's raced an 85 prior to this for a couple of seasons as well.

Thanks JrMiniQuad, but I do hold myself responsible. I try to get it right and I hate to see it unfair to anyone... Like I said, I only spoke with 2 people, but ultimately the responsibility lies with me to check on whether the riders in that class are in any other class. I will do that for sure, from now on.. lol I appreciate all of you bringing it to my attention now, I wish I could go back & change it.. they are just little kids you know? They all deserve the best that mx has to give to them! I have admitted my sins to Jason & Jeremy and the ride continues..

Now back to the topic at hand.. I want all 50cc riders to be happy, but when my grandson become eligible to race in a couple of years, the 50's will race on the track that HE chooses... bahahahahaha.. just kidding!!

Connie you are a class act !!! The parents who chose to do that .....well I won't go that route . ( thanks for sending my replacement card !! ) * high jack over *

Thanks JrMiniQuad, but I do hold myself responsible. I try to get it right and I hate to see it unfair to anyone... Like I said, I only spoke with 2 people, but ultimately the responsibility lies with me to check on whether the riders in that class are in any other class. I will do that for sure, from now on.. lol I appreciate all of you bringing it to my attention now, I wish I could go back & change it.. they are just little kids you know? They all deserve the best that mx has to give to them! I have admitted my sins to Jason & Jeremy and the ride continues..

Now back to the topic at hand.. I want all 50cc riders to be happy, but when my grandson become eligible to race in a couple of years, the 50's will race on the track that HE chooses... bahahahahaha.. just kidding!!
Connie sigh up is always crazy and would be hard to stop and check every kid that signs up in beginner so don't be so hard on yourself, I still believe it comes down to the parent integrity!!! The beginners parents need to not be afraid to protest in this situation, the problem is the true beginners usually don't know enough ppl at the track to know if them kids belong in that class or not so people like me that are at the track almost every weekend need to step up and protest this when we see this situation so the beginners have a fair chance, I failed to do this at chillitown but I will pay attention to it next time and I hope other parents will also.

Back