50 and 65 Parents??

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
A question here. Possibly a loaded question. If you had your choice of tracks at BC to race on, would you prefer to stick with the big track, or would you rather race the C track? Just the 50 and 65's. Sorry 40+ you stay on the big track. Just out of curiosity. I saw allot of little guys at Chillitown, and some expressed concerns over racing on my big track. So lets hear it. If you are not a mini parent, please do not express your opinion. Not that your opinion doesnt count, but if you dont have a dog in this fight, please stay on the sideline.

As a parent of a 50 beginner rider (not racer, yet), I would like to see them run on an nicely packed C track.

Hey Jeremy. Tough one here. Jack loves the A track on the miniquad (although he did hurt his back on the finish jump, casing that darn hump in the middle) I did not let him race his 50 dirtbike nor will I let him race his soon to get 65 on the A track. With that being said, he is a beginner of sorts on bikes so we would prefer the C track. I'm good with the A track for the mini quad if you could add a bit of cushion on the finish hump. Matt.

My kid, who rides for fun and doesn't race very often, is comfortable on your C track and is a good place for 50cc and 65 riders in my opinion. Sure, there are LL type kids that can handle the A/B track, but this is for everyday racing for all skill levels and it would be safer for the kids to run the C track. The best 65 CC riders that are 10 - 11 years old are already on 85's too and could ride the big track on their 85's.

My son is a "beginner" 85 rider at 11 years old, but he's 5ft 6 180 pounds also, so the 65 is out of the question. He, as a beginner 65/85 racer prefers the C track, and I, as a parent, prefer him to ride the C track for now. I doubt he'll ever be of the caliber of Z-man's or John259's son, but he loves riding none the less.

My son would probably be suited well for the C track actually. But I would prefer to keep him on the A track for the experience. I would not have an issue either way though, he could ride the 85 on the A track.. I never even actually looked at the C track when I was a BC, but if it has some smaller doubles and stuff on it, I would probably like to see him ride the C track on the 65.

My son is 10 & races a 65 & looks forward to riding & racing on the A track,but would have no problem racing on the C track

My boys both race Sr peewee, out of all the OMA tracks they LOVE the A track They say it's the "big time!" and they are not the front runners in Sr either. At LL what track do the Pee Wees run? Humm? Don't take it away we all have to learn ruts and breaking bumps. My 7 year old was not happy yesterday following the quads because there were not as many ruts. Thata boy not liking quads already. LOL JK.

Wow...are you kidding...you parents have the opportunity to get to ride one of the better tracks in Ohio (BC) and your choosing the c track? Really? You don't get better at this sport by hiding from tough tracks or competition....you deal with it and learn. I asked Chillicothe not to cut the track but they were concerned about kids going down and not having help...this is mx right? Parents want their kids to race but see ruts and breaking bumps and kickers and wanna gripe to the promoters but yet when they cut the track for them you see all kinds of air throttle signs....my point is if parents keep voting like this and running side walk tracks how are there kids going to get better? You do want your riders to get better correct? It's a shame for the kids who have worked there butts off to get shorter laps,cut tracks or on a second track....so sad...this is mx....and its turned into parent complaints about how to make it easy.

My name is Jimmy Hunt my sons name is Hayden #007 please don't baby us make us learn and to deal with it!!!

The 007 of Hayden Hunt is a very very good 50 rider. I don't think he needs to ride the big track, he needs competition, not a good track. I would be seeking out good racing and fast competitors for him even if it were on a figure 8 track.

the last bc race i thought all the 65s rode just fine on the big track this is what the kids need to get better you should put the oben c 250c on the c track or even some of the quad classes

Normally, I avoid getting sucked into controversial conversations, but this one is worth it to me. Yes, I have a 8 year old that has been to Lorettas and is currently trying to get back in his final year on a 50. Yes, he has qualified this year for several regionals and all of those qualifiers the kids ran the full tracks. A track like MillCreek MX in Alabama was almost a 4 minute lap. Someone tell me how the C track prepares Mitchy for the ruts, bumps, jumps, speed etc. in the below video? It doesn't and when we go outside this small pond we are living in, in Ohio, we face this and it is down right dangerous.

[video=youtube_share;uQZVhUZEWoY]http://youtu.be/uQZVhUZEWoY[/video]

To beat a dead horse, so to say, running the C track does Mitchell no good and honestly makes it dangerous to even go to the larger events as riding those tracks without getting some experience can be really dangerous. I would like to think our home town tracks, OMA, would be supportive of growing the kids in the sport, yet giving the learning, less advanced and learning, little guys an option on the C or smaller tracks.

The 7-8 year old, 4-6 year old 50cc, and the normal 65cc class should be on the A/B track.

The PW50, and beginner 65's could be run the C class or smaller tracks.

Mitchell will get bored very fast and lose interest and would be very disappointed and let down after you let him race the A/B track last year at the Battle of Ohio. They have to learn to run the ruts, bumps at larger tracks and just throwing them into it when then get to 85's seems silly.

To push all the little riders to the C track does our children no justice and will not help to get the kids, that want to, from our region, up to speed so to speak. The MI and PA areas run their kids on the big tracks....AREA51 ran these classes last year on the big track for both the LL stuff, but also the CanAm event.

Rocket, as mentioned, son, does not get out as much...he would fit well in the 65cc beginner class on the C track.

Hayes, who came to the Battle last year from PA and was clearing the finish line table on a 65, would be really disappointed and would not come back if he was left to the C track. Towers also made the trip from PA and ended 2nd in the 50 class with a 1 -2 moto score. I know his father well and he told me they loved the track. Not to speak for them, but just from a spectator perspective, Trevor Maley, Ryan Talboo, Hayden Hunt, Austin Johnson, G. Baker, and there are others are in a similar boat. These kids are fast, really fast. To limit them to the C track, makes as much sense as putting the beginner 65's or PW50's on your A/B track.

I heard the last 2 OMA events had 25 plus riders in the 65 class...my guess...you put them on or your C track, your turnout will fall...these kids are fast and need the A/B track. Speaking for myself, if given a choice between a facility that will allow Mitchell on a big track and one making him run another smaller track, I will go to the big track, even if I have to leave Ohio. I am pleased at the startup of the OMA and exicted we have these options locally this year, but only becuase I read the posts last year on the vision of this organization and the fact the little riders would get big track time.

We ride Apple Cabin on Thursdays. Frank has recongnized the faster little bike riders need to run on the big track and lets them run a session every hour. Still gives the big bikes 75% of the time on the big track. This has been a huge difference in our riding and was hoping this is something you would implement in your practice as well. All being the same, the less advanced riders stay on the smaller track (C) until their skills are there and they want to ride the big track. This is of course subject to turnout. If there are only a couple of 50 riders, I get it, they ride the little track.

Jeremy, you did this last year on the C track for the little bikes. Similarly, it would be nice to get the little guys out on the A/B track 2 or so times during the course of a practice day.

We left Chili Town last Saturday after practice for another obligation, but I was really disappointed at them cutting the track for the 50cc bikes. So much so, I may have left anyway. There was nothing in that top section the kids making it around the rest of the track could not have handled. The 50's should have been able to run that portion. The PW's and beginners could have been separated into their own class running a shorter lap, but again, 4-6 and 7-8 50's should have run the whole track. If ur letting them all, including the PW50's, run over this jump (below), then why not the back. There was nothing this large back there.

DSC_0345 (640x427).jpg

I apoolgize for being so out spoken, but I also noticed, on other posts, adult riders that I am friends with, suggesting the little kids get less big track time at OIR on practice days with a bigger turn out. We are paying just as the adult riders. This is not foreign to me as I have been racing since the late 80's at many levels, the latest last year in the Vet B/C at Lorettas, to taking this year off all together (yeah, I am old). These kids needs the quality track time, just as I do, to grow in the sport.

This is my plea to OMA track organizers to continue to allow those on 50's and 65's that have the skill and want to run on the A/B, large tracks, to do so, but give the beginner and less advanced, learning riders the C or smaller tracks.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts though and at least you are asking for thoughts....your efforts do not go unnoticed....thanks

Actually the reason I ask, is not because I feel the kids showing up can't handle it. I know they can handle it, I watched them ride. It's the kids not showing that I am concerned about. If we can get 30 in each class and have better racing then I say why not? I can make the C track better. I hold back over there to keep our weekend patrons safer. I could make about 800 feet longer to if needed. I think some people under estimate me. Allot.

Now if we get no more entries, then no way. It costs more to run two tracks at once, been there done that in 2007.

I asked the question to Matthew, if he would rather ride the big track or C track on his 65.......It was a simple, NO C track. The big track is better and more fun. So I say put the beginner classes, 65 extra, 85 extra, and the quads on the C track, and everything else on the A track.

The 007 of Hayden Hunt is a very very good 50 rider. I don't think he needs to ride the big track, he needs competition, not a good track. I would be seeking out good racing and fast competitors for him even if it were on a figure 8 track.

He's qualified for Loretta's twice and was well on his way last year but got injured and we took time off...we travel all over for competition as does the 104 but when were in between qualifiers and regionals or Loretta's its nice to hit some local stuff for seat time...so yeah I think he needs your big track because it helps him and many others....I wish promoters would go old school and stop this whining and chirps, in time you will see improvements and be happy not to be riding on a hard packed dust bowl...I can see where your at Jeremy and its your call but if tracks keep giving in it won't be to much longer and the kids will be riding circles in the grass.

In ending I would like to say both your crew and chillitownmx are trying to get Ohio mx headed in the right direction....so thank you!

Normally, I avoid getting sucked into controversial conversations, but this one is worth it to me. Yes, I have a 8 year old that has been to Lorettas and is currently trying to get back in his final year on a 50. Yes, he has qualified this year for several regionals and all of those qualifiers the kids ran the full tracks. A track like MillCreek MX in Alabama was almost a 4 minute lap. Someone tell me how the C track prepares Mitchy for the ruts, bumps, jumps, speed etc. in the below video? It doesn't and when we go outside this small pond we are living in, in Ohio, we face this and it is down right dangerous.

^^
+1..

Great video. Great edit. Thanks for sharing

We are new. Big Track.. Briar Cliff was good and Safe as far as I could see. I have heard ruts can get much longer/deeper. Everything I saw was perfect at first race. I second that I would like to see a few sessions at cliff for 50s on A track. Maybe 15 to 20 minutes every hour or hour and a half on a timed scheduled and some C track time when they aren't on the A track. and Rotate tracks and the other half hour 45min on mini track. I know this might not be the most popular w the big bikes and I get that. They want time too. When you look at it. Mini parents are paying larger gate entry at races I am presuming. At least a Dad and Son. Mostly 3 to 5 minimum with parents grandparents brothers and sisters. Possible Food Concessions if they (kids) are savy. They always can talk a parent into something. hahaha etc... Briar Cliff was on same weekend as COCR. Gates were about the same. Chillitown had a large Mini turn out. They will come. We will come. I like seeing the faster kids show.. It makes improvement more quickly. For all mini parents that dont know. Route Sixty two just opened a new big track. We ran 45 minute moto on three different tracks finishing with the big track. Those of you qualifying might want to check it out. It is good. Not saying I know, but this is one track you might wanna add to your schedule. Thanks for all you do. So far, this has been a great start of the year. Thanks. All just observations. Doesnt mean anything. Just words. Thanks again

Maybe the 65's would be a bit much moving them to the C track, message heard loud and clear. What 50cc Jr./Sr.? That was mainly my concern. We had 10 Sr., 4 Jr., and 4 beg. at the Moto Rev round. I had forgotten about the 15-65's which is good but not great, but good. I guess given the 50 turnout that was the main reason for this thread. Just making sure Im not misunderstood.

And we are not running quads on the C track, if we do, you all will be begging me to let your kids on there too, I guarantee it ;)

Back