50 and 65 Parents??

Just to be clear …..I found this about PeeWee’s on A-51’site

Sunday Bike only races
Sanctionedby WNYRacing, any current district card accepted, or 1 time day pass avail.

Held on Main track and 51 cc classes are on minitrack

For sure the C track is legit but for the advanced 50/65 riders the A/B track is where they belong. It's just good for the sport and by moving the beginners to the C track it will still speed the day up. What do they do when they get to tracks like 213 and Malvern where there is one option and that is ride what's in front of you!! Might as well ride em all at that point and it would be unfair to ask someone who is doing the whole series and riding every big track in the series to switch to a smaller track for that one track... It's not the end of the world but then again neither is just getting on the bike and making your way around the track and doing the best you can no matter how difficult it is for you because in the end it will make you better. You don't get good in this sport unless you mix it up and learn every time your on the track.. Again just my opinion

Just to be clear …..I found this about PeeWee’s on A-51’site

Sunday Bike only races
Sanctionedby WNYRacing, any current district card accepted, or 1 time day pass avail.

Held on Main track and 51 cc classes are on minitrack

Just to be clear, A51 raced 50's on the big track at CanAm and LL quals. Makes no sense to run them on the little track for most events, but then throw them to the wolves on the big track for these events..needs to be either way. Kids get no practice, but then show up for their big events, and are sent up on a track they have never been on. It is flat out dangerous.

...and like Georgie, Sharc, where is ur doggy... Lol!

Just to be clear, A51 raced 50's on the big track at CanAm and LL quals. Makes no sense to run them on the little track for most events, but then throw them to the wolves on the big track for these events..needs to be either way. Kids get no practice, but then show up for their big events, and snd up on a track they have never been. It is flat out dangerous.

Ohio is crazy about this....for instance look at Sunday Creek....all the other regionals are giving track time for the locals and the ones who travel....but not us here in Ohio....there's not enough money in it...so when people say bad things about the youth in Ohio mx....well it starts at the top...seems like promoters enjoy training future C riders....dig the tracks deep and water heavy and often and when they complain tell them this is mx not soccer!

Yep the canam they run 50 srs on the big track and jrs on the little track. Hey and to clear it up some for you mark we were the first gate drop last year both
Motos with a freshly watered and ripped track.. We are on the 65 now and will 99% of the time be on a big track but it still is better for the kids to just tough it out and ride the big tracks. Hey they run pw50's around the track at malvern no problem.

Sharc, where is ur doggy... Lol!

My doggy is : I was riding long before you….and I’ll be riding long after you’re gone…..
Most (MOST) of the peewees riders that are on the track today will not be there 5 years from now. But every year, I get to sit and take it all in……
Plus I don’t like peewee dads….period. Most push their kids and I don’t like that..

My doggy is : I was riding long before you….and I’ll be riding long after you’re gone…..
Most (MOST) of the peewees riders that are on the track today will not be there 5 years from now. But every year, I get to sit and take it all in……
Plus I don’t like peewee dads….period. Most push their kids and I don’t like that..

You can't generalize a whole group for a few bad apples though Marc and that's what all this is.. We the few don't want to ride the big track so you the many have to bend to what we want. Just as you said if they are not serious racers now as stated by a couple people earlier then they prob won't be around in a few years so why should the people who are serious about it conform to their wants and it's really not needs its wants because if my memory serves me right all kids made it around just fine last race. Some mini parents are nuts for sure but I have seen plenty of parents with B riders who can't control their selves either its a competitive sport and as long as money is being spent some people will get all out of control. Happens in every pee wee aspect if every sport... Go watch a little kids football, baseball or soccer game those parents are nuts!!!!

K now I'm clear on our relationship! Yes u r older.. No u will not be here longer.

Two weeks ago we sat and watched (for 15 minutes) x 3 sessions….as two (2) , maybe three(3) pee wee’s ATEMPTED to make it around MX-213.
They failed miserably.

Even though the track was dry, so dry that they had to water to keep the 2 quads (in another 15 min x 3 sessions) from making too much dust, their little wheels coupled with no HP, automatic transmissions and beginner skill had them stuck in most every turn. The flaggers would un-stuck them only to have Jr. now doggy-paddling up the hills as they tried to gain some momentum before becoming stuck in the next turn.

Not stupid (these little kids) they then resorted to veering off the track onto the grass in an attempt to avoid the Big Bike Berms. In the pee-wee quad session (another 2 or 3 max out on the track) one youngster resorted to cutting out 70% of the track just so he could get around once before his 15 minutes was up.

After that, the crew at MX-213 brought out the tractor and plowed the turns…… WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

The 2 quads, 3 peewees and 2 minquads……LOVED IT! No, wait….I think they went home..

To me it seems as if the DAD’s want Jr. on the big track “so he can learn faster, be exposed to the REAL MX, be ready for the big show”…..Bla-bla-bla……

We’re talking about 4,5,6,7and 8 year olds. There are some fast little kids…no doubt. But those folks are the minority and should revel in the fact that Jr. is special and do what it takes to give Jr. his advantage, but reality is ….most kids have a better chance at being gay than being something substantial in MX…

My answer was based on Beginners only using the C track. I believe that the NON Beginners can handle the A track fine and the Zman Clan and Hunt's need that type of track for their goals.

I would also venture to say that Trail bike classes should also be held on C track.

I would like to see more PW50's at BC, like there was at CTMX.

BTW....welcome to my world as a referee at select OMA events....LOL! The 50 parents (whether they have a beginner or LL qualifier) are being patient with us as we try to figure this all out...and I appreciate their patience.

My answer was based on Beginners only using the C track. I believe that the NON Beginners can handle the A track fine and the Zman Clan and Hunt's need that type of track for their goals.

I would also venture to say that Trail bike classes should also be held on C track.

I would like to see more PW50's at BC, like there was at CTMX.

Exactly what I said...from the beginning.

Two weeks ago we sat and watched (for 15 minutes) x 3 sessions….as two (2) , maybe three(3) pee wee’s ATEMPTED to make it around MX-213.
They failed miserably.

Even though the track was dry, so dry that they had to water to keep the 2 quads (in another 15 min x 3 sessions) from making too much dust, their little wheels coupled with no HP, automatic transmissions and beginner skill had them stuck in most every turn. The flaggers would un-stuck them only to have Jr. now doggy-paddling up the hills as they tried to gain some momentum before becoming stuck in the next turn.

Not stupid (these little kids) they then resorted to veering off the track onto the grass in an attempt to avoid the Big Bike Berms. In the pee-wee quad session (another 2 or 3 max out on the track) one youngster resorted to cutting out 70% of the track just so he could get around once before his 15 minutes was up.

After that, the crew at MX-213 brought out the tractor and plowed the turns…… WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

The 2 quads, 3 peewees and 2 minquads……LOVED IT! No, wait….I think they went home..

To me it seems as if the DAD’s want Jr. on the big track “so he can learn faster, be exposed to the REAL MX, be ready for the big show”…..Bla-bla-bla……

We’re talking about 4,5,6,7and 8 year olds. There are some fast little kids…no doubt. But those folks are the minority and should revel in the fact that Jr. is special and do what it takes to give Jr. his advantage, but reality is ….most kids have a better chance at being gay than being something substantial in MX…

Ahahaaa nice!!! common sense does not always prevail when parenting. Well I have to say that's not the norm from what I have seen but it does happen time to time but let me ask what do you do when it is brutal rough and you can't get your bike through mud ruts etc??? Put your feet down and make the best of it and believe me most of these kids are smarter than us older guys!!

Ok, I have 2 kids! Lets get that straight first. I have a year or two before either of them start riding.

BUT COME ON PEOPLE!!!! The post was asking about BEGINNER PEEWEE AND 65 RIDERS!

Not advanced lil guys and gals! I hate sitting around for 15 mins while little johnny and 2 of his beginner 50 or 65 rider gatesmen try and navigate a huge track just so we can spend till 630 at the track. What a waste for all of us. Eric and the others, do you really think throwing a beginner kid 4-8 years old( or any age true beginner with very little bike skills) on the a huge track with scary jumps and deep ruts is helping advance their skill? Really? Again we are talking beginners here!

Like Sharc said, 5 years from now most of them wont be here! Why? Lost interest by kid or parent, injury scares them off, and most likely, Mini parents pushing the poor beginner way too hard for their skill set! Sure lets MAKE JR ride the nasty rough hard national style track no matter if he is ready for it or not! How else is going to learn to ride fast? Come on, really guys?

In another post some one asked what time his beginner friend could ride the big track at BC without much traffic. JO answered correctly.....there isnt! Get him on the C track until he is comfortable enough for the A/B track. Why would you not do the same for little kids who would be much more intimidated?

All you guys crying about not riding the big track missed the BEGINNER 50 and 65 part, and you are true mini parents.......dont push every one elses kids to failure just because your kid is fast and can handle the big stuff! Your kid ISNT A BEGINNER!

Jeremy asked about his track and his options for his facility, by parents of riders that fall into this category, which many of you don't have kids in this age group. I've been around and seen all of it as well, beginner riders need to be on a beginner track, and Jeremy has a super nice, C track that would be perfect for those type riders. 50cc beginners, 65cc beginners, 85cc beginners really belong on the C track in his case. The kids that are going to Loretta Lynn's are in a pickle...... they are too good for the bikes that they are riding, and they can handle the A/B track, but those kids are the minority since we're talking 60 kids in the whole country. You want future riders (99% of whom will never make Loretta Lynn's) at a local organization and to grow your grass roots of people that will pay to ride at your tracks. Those are the beginners who want to ride motorcycles for fun. If you have enough "expert" peewees to run on the A/B track at Briarcliff....... they can run like Red Bud does. Red Bud keeps all 50's on the little track, 65 beginners, and 85 beginners...... then the better kids ride on the big track. That's my feeling on this. Let beginners have beginning skill level place to ride and learn to race, once they get a little older and little bettery, then let them ride on the A/B track.

True and in several of my posts I said it would be good to seperate them you just should not make the all 50's 65's ride the C track as stated by a couple. Absurdly let em ride a smaller track to get up to speed but the reality is 90% of the tracks don't have a small track to ride.. Ask anyone who knows me I'm pretty far removed from being the mini parent you speak of I don't push but I don't let him back down either if the ability is there. You don't learn unless you try. I think it was just stated earlier that "the" 50's and 65's should go to the C track I'm just saying it should not be all of them. In my eyes it would be good for them to have their own track but keeping them there and coddling them does them no good and it would suck for the advanced riders to have to move to that track.. It's not pushing its helping them home a skill by not leaving them in one area or class so they "dominate" rather than let them learn and prepare for big bikes after all that's what all this is isn't it?? Prepping them for the big bikes that's how I look at it I want my son as ready as possible when he gets there so the learning curve is as easy as possible. I don't push I just offer experiences for him if he don't want to try then so be it but if he does then he always learns something from it and takes it with him.

Back