Action Sports Weekend Follow up.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Since the other thread is already 5 pages long, thought the weekend deserved a new one.

A real special Thank You to Action Sports and the AMA for putting on an incredibly fun weekend of racing in southern Ohio. Loved it!

I noticed a very good turn out by Pitracer regulers.

Pit261
Mooch
KO1
Mosher
BeenRidin (Jr & Senior)
AHRMA361 (Good to finally meet you Mike) ...................... "Hey Beenridin..........Here is our 3rd mike!"
DMX153
McGuire
yz360B....................... Hope your thumb isn't too bad :(
Vlk943
evomx244
TB901
Jim598 (I haven't met but I saw your bike)
ryan598
detour174 (I haven't met you yet, but I'm sure you wouldn't of missed it)
MXKid................ (Who became the Maico obstacle in the belly of the double jump :) ...sorry Mike, had to say it )
cutty22

Plus a whole host of other Ohio Vintage and Post Vintage regulers.

We even had a Kentucky couple pitted right next to us, and he came to race his very 1st motocross race on a sweet 1979 KX250 in the 50+ class and couldn't of picked a better track or event. (in my opinion). After his 2nd moto he was smiling ear to ear.

Sorry if I mis-spelled or ID'd anyone incorrectly, I'm winging it from memory.
Help me here guys if I missed anybody.

jeffro667 and Planet Pluto Racer842 made it out Sunday. Talked to a couple of racers who had stayed up all night to get a bike there for Sunday. Amazing...

Super fun time! Even saw the Canada crew - Ron, Ken, and Oscar. Technically though Oscar lives in the States now as his job has him living in TN now.

Not a super huge turnout, but decent. I had a super fun time, had some self-inflicted bike trouble in the morning but after I got that fixed no problems. I'm pretty sore this morning from racing 6 motos.

Man does Denny Schwartz still fly on that old Maico or what? How about Jack Babet actually completing motos without bike failures and going 1-1 in the 125 class? Nice job!

One bad injury on Sunday, hope the rider is ok. Something along the lines of a badly dislocated hip or something, and a med-flight took him out of the track.

Thanks again to the Action Sports Crew--super job!

Nice to see the vintage crew-had a blast!

Drew's place is second to none (Thanks Drew for all the hard work)

Just a few things I noticed

NQ1965 that guy is in shape (faster at the end of the race)
Pitracer was by far the smoothest over the finish line jump
Mike Bias is still f-ing fast as hell (I thought I was back in 83 watching him on his 83 YZ)
Mooch's RM and Larry Brookbanks's YZ 250 sounded awesome
DMX153-Hate's his 84 RM125 (how much you want for it Dave)

1989 CR250's are holeshot machines!

Sounds like you guys had a good time....anyone got pics???
Flyin Mike Bias.....and Denny Schwartz .....wow!

I had a blast Drew and the crew did a awesome job! And yes Mike Bias can still fly! He was in my class on Sunday.

Oh and how about dick sweat in the 60 plus class battling side by side with his great grandson who was riding a 80cc in his class wow!

Most fun watching for me was Ryan598 smoking fast in the GP race on his '96 CR250, battling with the other guy on the '96 CR. These guys went at it tooth and nail for almost an hour!

Speaking of 60+ class, they were on the line with us in the 30+. I won the moto but had to ride my A$$ off the whole time because there was a 60+ guy right on my tail!

Sounds like you guys had a good time....anyone got pics???

Saturday I helmet cam'd my vintage motos, but still haven't had time to pull them into my PC yet. Nancy took a lot of great video footage saturday as well on our old Hi-8 sony video camera, but then saturday night at home after we watched them on TV, walking away I dropped the damn camera and now it won't play, so I got to get a Hi-8 video player so I can get the vids burnt to DVD.

She took a handfull of compact camera shots during our battles yesterday. I'll post tonight when I get home.

It's time I get some new photo/video equipment!

Great time...Drew and crew do a great job. Big props to Pit261 for letting me take up space in the new rig....that thing is "awesome".....Nice catching up with all the regulars after a 3 year hiatus from Ohio and racing (NQ already listed about everyones names)......I survived the Harescramble upright and in one piece and stayed out of the fast guys way.......Nice to meet NQ1965...and McGuire with the yummy venison steaks....
shot a few crappy phone pictures..... BTW was Stanford riding a KX on Sunday at all?

Pit261

Sinclair checking out the Uni-Trak

Didn't get a shot of Mosher (too fast apparently)...so here is his old bike with his nephew on board...

Pit's pits.....the IT200 ran way better than the rider did....

Babet Inc's pit area....can someone please page for a mechanic?

Pluto/Blauman/aka Racer842 on the like new '93 CR250

What a freakin awesome track!! Big props to Drew and his crew for putting on a such a bad ass event...and absolutely perfect weather too! What other track in the area has the kind of big steep downhill / uphill terrain that this track is blessed with? There's no question that I have more fun at Drew's event than any other, I've gotta get off my butt and check out the Action Sports GP events.

Evomx244...thanks for the compliment on my RM sounding good! Your first holeshot of the day on the 89 CR250 was quite the sight, as you were going through the first few corners with the other guy on the Honda (maybe Baumann) you were both on the gas and pitchin it nice!

Also, nice job to the guys who rode multiple classes...I'm tired and sore after just doing one class!

Mike-I parked the KX after riding that 89 CR250

Mooch-That was TB901 on his 94 CR250 duking it out with me in both moto's

Scott.....So this WAS you stylin it

yes that be me, that pic was from B/C practice. I decided to try out the 89 CR250 for the first time in the modern practice, I like the way it turned so I came back swapped the bars for 971 renthals and line up for the first Non-current moto.

I have to agree, spectating scott/evomx244 brutally attack the track like he owned it was awe inspiring.

Probably be some time before results are posted but curious how everybody did? There were several races that had some tight tire to tire battles going on, along with quite a few races where the whole pack stayed well within range of each other through the first lap.

Back