Action Sports Weekend Follow up.

not sure about pics but I think I'm going to change my pitracer name to the original241 or 241since1980 :)

#241 on the kawi? I thought I'd run my AMA number, who would run #241 I thought to my self then i seen you at briarcliff. You wanna race for the rights????? :)
"241 1/8"

#241 on the kawi? I thought I'd run my AMA number, who would run #241 I thought to my self then i seen you at briarcliff. You wanna race for the rights????? :)
"241 1/8"

Yeah I couldn't believe I saw another 241, on a PV bike no less! 241 was my district 11 since 1980 actually 241K is my actual number so If there is ever a race we both are in I'll just carry a few "K's" with me. 244 is the closest AHRMA could get to 241.

Scott I just figured 241 was the longest number of days you ever kept a bike before selling it....

Looking over the results, appears there were numerous close battles and finish lead swaps.

It would of been nice to have bigger gates on Saturday in the Vintage class's, 40+-A and 50+ A class's looking like the biggest.

Evo 50+ A, and B class's had some real racing going on. Mooch probably gets top honors for giving the track owner a race not to be forgotten in Evo 50+B.
Looks like we need more racers in the EV1, EV2, and EV3 class's as well. Guess I'll have to buy another bike? :)

Gotcha covered! what's your favorite color RED, GREEN, YELLOW, WHITE, ECT. . . . . .

:) :) :)

Salesman.JPG

Most fun watching for me was Ryan598 smoking fast in the GP race on his '96 CR250, battling with the other guy on the '96 CR. These guys went at it tooth and nail for almost an hour!

Speaking of 60+ class, they were on the line with us in the 30+. I won the moto but had to ride my A$$ off the whole time because there was a 60+ guy right on my tail!

Thanks Pit, that was definitely not an easy race for me. Once I finally shook the guy on the 96 i had about a half lap rest and then some guy on an old Husky started catching me. I could not believe my eyes, knowing that any bike that wasn't in my class had to have been '83 or older. Found out after the race that it was Terry Cunningham so I felt a lot better after that!

I had a blast, the track was awesome for both the HS and MX. Can't wait for Balance in a couple of weeks.

Dad talked to Charles wife/gf yesterday. He ended up with a broken hip, femur, pelvis in two places, and a compression fracture in a vertebrae or two. Had surgery yesterday and said he should be walking today. She said they were happy with how the event was and were really impressed with the medical personnel, so we have to give a big thanks to them. We're glad everyone had a good time this weekend.

I think I should have rode evo 1 on Saturday on my 78 Yz 250 instead of evo 2 40 plus A! My poor old 78 got a work out!

Not the same wheeler from franklin co. I was told ama website to have photos posted? Yes nq long weekend , but fun other than laying in middle of the track!

Finally getting pic's wife took:

P/V Hare Scramble start.... "B Class"
Action C.jpg

40+ open B.....Moto1
Action D.jpg

40+ open B.....Moto2 (late afternoon)
Action B.jpg

Picture just doesn't capture the intensity or speed off the start does it?
Action A.jpg

More of Mike vs Mike:
We did an even split moto finish's on 4 motos, he got 2, I got 2.

My arms and neck were covered in tiny roost bruises from Mike fleeing.
Action H.jpg

Chased Mike the whole race and snatched a pass on 3rd turn before finish line. "Classic Finish"
Action K.jpg

If I'm not mistaking we were this close for nearly 3 whole laps. Moto2 of 40+.
The wife got so excited watching, she nearly pee'd her pants! (don't tell her I said that :) )
Action F.jpg

The Honda rider and I were scratching for any opportunity we could find to make a pass. "Mike Wouldn't stand for it!"
His bike was a really nicely built 83 CR250. Got me motivated to get back on my 82 CR250. :)
Action E.jpg

Vlk943 and I battling for space in P/V Hare Scramble race. We had a pretty good race going on between us for a few laps even though we were in different class's (40+/50+), but we both won our class's. Hell of a fun race!

Action G.jpg

I'm not a particularly huge fan of doing Hare Scrambles or CC races but the Action Sports CC race (GP) course is bad-ass fast and fun!

I have found it to be a blast trying to keep up with Pit261 in a race. Here I had the fortune of being chased by him for a couple of laps. Coincidentally when bobbled and lost my lead it was in the exact corner that Mike/Beenridin slid out in last year against me. Now it was my turn :)

John handing over his lead to us.......30+ Moto1
Action J.jpg

Don't ask me how but I got a better start than John, so I raced my ass off to try and keep him back in next moto.
Action L.jpg

I spent the last 2 laps chasing him.
Action I.jpg

Action M.jpg

Me and my MX250 (Poor Tom) on the gate for our second vintage race moto.
I wish my big bikes cornered as well as the MX.

Action N.jpg

That was me on the Honda and it was 3 laps. I haven't eaten that much roost in 20 years but it made it fun. Glad your wife brought a camera-mine didn't and the kids I phones didn't do too well! Thanks for the comment on the bike-winter project that took the 3x more than you think but it was well worth it. I did see the facebook page for AMA Vintage has some Saturday shots up already. Good race to both you and Mike.

Wonder if they are going to post these somewhere besides facebook?
Won't let you view unless you log in. Not really feeling like re-activating my facebook acct. (too many ex-girlfriends :) )

Back