which riding gear do you wear?

JMOORE330

PR Addict
I am havin real issues with junk ridin pants latley. Ive tryd Fly and MSR. Flys lasted 2 rides. MSR lasted bout 2 laps haha. I am a big guy so ridin gear lil harder to find. Any other big guys ridin mx here have any suggestions? Its gettin expensive quick!!

I`ve been with Fly since 2007 and hit a mud race today in a set of three year old Kinetic gear. Stuff is still like new. I wear Asterisk knee braces but don`t grip the bike like I should so........No problems with my new stuff either.

Most companies off three different lines of gear. I work for Fly Racing and they actually have four. From economy to top of the line. If you are gonna ride a few times a year go with the F16. It has no knee leather so a hot pipe will fry them fast. Also the material is thinner thread count. Most racers go with the Kinetic line as it is the best bang for the buck of any gear makers in my opinion. Leather knee guards thicker stretchy fabric and yet light weight. Then the have thy hydro lite which is a racing only gear. Super vented, crazy light weight, and 90% stretch fabric in jersey and pants. Finally the premium gear is called Evolution. It has every bell and whistle imaginable on them. Fly has a patent on each side called the 2d buckle system. If you buy a size 32 it can adjust down to a 30 or up to a 34. Best fitting pant ever made. It has a magnetic front lock with a Velcro zipper holder so it can't fall down. Also has a full floating inner and outer but system so acceleration won't pull your pants down. Also the come with a full floating knee panel to keep knee braces in tact. This is an example of what Fox, Thor, and One has to offer also so look at what series is failing and maybe step up to the next level. Good Luck

I have always had good luck with Fox 360 gear. Last several seasons for sure. But I always were multiple sets of gear, so its not getting that much wear either.

Try the new "7" gear. Let us know how it is.

Shift. But like brock said, the lines of gear differ in durability. My cheaper shift stuff has some stitching issues. My expensive stuff has zero issues. I'm a bigger (fatter) guy currently and its holding up well.

Thanks guys, i almost refuse to wear fox gear but i may look into it. I used to really like the Fly and Thor. Ill look at the diffrent levels and im sure like everythig u get what u pay for. Does Kames still have a decent selection as far as brands and sizes and what not? Like i said i am bigger (fatter) and i dont really wanna order somthin i cant return bc those MSR pants were a way bigger size then any others ive ever worn. Thanks again guys

Kames does have quite a bit. Huge selection of fly, one, fox, shift (although not much over 36 right now, but can get it). Plus there's the closeout rack. Won't find stuff cheaper. You can also talk to Kris and he'll order anything ya wanna try. Telling ya, order a high end set of shift in the size u need. You won't leave without it.

Im trying out the alias gear this year. So far so good with a good amount of rides 20+ on one set . Couple small cuts from wear and tear but the knee area is perfect I wear asterisk knee braces. They run small so this might be irrelevant to you my big Boned motocross bro

I have some fly pants with a strechy crotch area and thy r sooo confortable. But the velcro thing on the side didnt hold up and a button broke off fairly early in thier life. So idk im thinkin bout takin Miesters word. Although hes a lil smaller than me and way faster so ill just go to Kames n check it out someday.

Just don't get the orange. Or you'll look like me. Lol

Just try on what you can and buy what ya like.

I bought two sets of O'Neal gear a year or two ago only to find out they are nearly impossible to get my knee braces into..

Fox for me for now.. the set I have is stretched out nicely

Like or Dislike Fox.........Their quality is about unmatched. My son has Fox, MSR, Thor.....and Fox beats them all in quality. The MSR is reasonable priced, but I call it throw away gear.

Back