which riding gear do you wear?

I'm telling you the new JT gear is awesome! It's well made and the new styles this year look great.

I concur. I absolutely love my new JT gear. I get one set of a gear for the season, and I fully expect this JT to last that long without any issues. It's really nice how they have grippy stuff on the bottom back of the jersey and inside the pants around the waist band. My jersey never comes untucked now like my Thor always would.

The Thor I ran last year held up well, except when I snagged the crotch of the pant on the end of the bars going down. There's a nice quarter sized hole there. Luckily it was only the pants that made contact with the bars.

I just bought two sets of alias gear and the knees were blown out in 4 rides! JUNK!!! would not recommend it if your actually riding your dirt bike.
I bought a cheap set of fox 180 gear at the beginning of the season and have 50 + rides on on it and its held up very well no issues at all i love them
it still looks brand new. I'm 220

Oneal Hardware line of gear is some very durable riding gear and it has plenty of room in the knees for knee braces. I'm not sure about some of their other cheaper versions of gear, but the top of the line stuff is great! Fox stuff usually holds up well and looks good too. The worst gear I've had in recent years is MSR gear that was destroyed in a couple of rides in the knees. It wasn't worth even buying it blew out so fast.

This is why i love pitracer, everyone with diffrent experiences and opinions. I personally dont wear Knee braces, or chest protector but im lookin into one of those under jersy pads just for roost. Thanks everyone for the input. And dont worry Miester i am a black n white kinda guy, no bright colors or stupid designs for me lol. SIMPLE

I bought two sets of O'Neal gear a year or two ago only to find out they are nearly impossible to get my knee braces into..

Fox for me for now.. the set I have is stretched out nicely

I've never had a problem with getting my knee braces in oneal.

I wear hardware in spring and fall and the mayhem stuff on hot days. Hardware pants are too hot on summer days I think. But the knees really hold up great. I'd say I have 30 rides or more on the mayhem and about 15-20 on the hardware. I can wear through the graphics 2-3 times before my knees blow out. My no fear pants knees are toast after 5-7 rides. Most other gear I've tried with similar results. Can't keep the knees in any of them.

I've never had a problem with getting my knee braces in oneal.

I wear hardware in spring and fall and the mayhem stuff on hot days. Hardware pants are too hot on summer days I think. But the knees really hold up great. I'd say I have 30 rides or more on the mayhem and about 15-20 on the hardware. I can wear through the graphics 2-3 times before my knees blow out. My no fear pants knees are toast after 5-7 rides. Most other gear I've tried with similar results. Can't keep the knees in any of them.

Well the 661 braces I have are monstrous. I believe the Oneal gear I have is the Mayhem. Even with my broken in gear it takes me 10 minutes to get my pants on/off. Been trying to find a set of used Asterisks or something. Anything with less velcro and buckles to get snagged up.

I've had Fox, Answer, Fly, older no Fear, and TLD. As far as quality fit and Finish I cant find anything that comes close to TLD. Prob why it cost so much. Most gear seems to be more concerned with "light weight" than abrasive protection. Seems like gear just gets thinner and thinner every year. I also have some Scott Gear but its one of those brands that the fit is on the small side. TLD seems to be a normal size as opposed to the tighter fits of some of the other brands.

Well the 661 braces I have are monstrous. I believe the Oneal gear I have is the Mayhem. Even with my broken in gear it takes me 10 minutes to get my pants on/off. Been trying to find a set of used Asterisks or something. Anything with less velcro and buckles to get snagged up.

Call kames about pod mx. They'll get you a prescription code to take to your ortho doc and your insurance picks up the majority.

Waiting to get a damn appointment with my ortho. Tried them on in store with pants and they are incredibly comfortable and the straps are low profile and don't dig into your leg. As soon as my doc writes the script ill pick them up.

Now I use xo skeleton. They don't make them anymore but they're similar to the pod mx design.

Do you have those braces?[/QUOTE]

My husband has the fox pods and he loves them. He should truly be a spokesperson for them cause he tells everyone how great they are. His one knee was completely cleaned out, there is nothing in it and he swears the pods bought him more years of riding. No more buying tape, no more sore knees on monday and icing not needed nearly as often.

Hey everyone, sorry to revive an old thread, but i have a question and yall have helped alot on this topic. I been lookin at gear again as i have some loot to blow and i am kinda set on thor bc well its simply the only ones im finding over a 38. Anyone bought the thor phase gear? Hows it fit, last, etc etc. Also noticed the Fly evolution series may work as well? Anyone other than brock got any words on that?

I just ordered some fly gear this week and it will be in today, but wont really be able to comment on how it holds up. It looks as if they have really stepped their game up the last few years though.

I loved Oneal and have tons of the stuff that is still in great shape I just got bored w/ the designs and colors offered and such, needed a change!

I won a set of Thor gear recently and have wore it a few times. Seems like great quality and is holding up well so far.

Any of the name brand stuff these days I think is pretty decent IMO.

I just ordered some fly gear this week and it will be in today, but wont really be able to comment on how it holds up. It looks as if they have really stepped their game up the last few years though.

I loved Oneal and have tons of the stuff that is still in great shape I just got bored w/ the designs and colors offered and such, needed a change!

I won a set of Thor gear recently and have wore it a few times. Seems like great quality and is holding up well so far.

Any of the name brand stuff these days I think is pretty decent IMO.

I was told that MSR and Oneal are the same thing, just diffrent names etc?

No on MSR and Oneal. MSR and Answer are MFG and Distributed from the same place. I'm a big guy, I've been wearing the MSR Air series gear.

I ordered some Moose gear end of last year because I read they offered alot of room in the knee area. With a season on it now, gear has held up very well. And yes, knees have lots of room (I find the knees in the Fly gear to be too tight). FYI, Moose runs small. I normally wear a 36 but was told to order a size up (38). The 38 fits great. I don't think getting sizes 38 and above is a problem with Moose.

Kames had some Moose stuff on super cheap closeout last week. $50 for pants and jersey for the M1 series or whatever it is called. It did seem to have a lot of room in the knee area.

Back