How was Crow Canyons new layout.

sellards18

PR Addict
Just wanted to see what everyone thought and to see if you felt it was worth the drive. I know I'm the only one that liked the finish line cause I was the only one tha cleared it. lol So no need to comment on it as it will be changed to a single followed by a step down table top. I'm also gonna shorten the half single after the start even though I don't think it's possible to cross over on one another. All in all it was a great but chilly day and thanks so much for coming out and supporting us! Ill try to post a video clip of the finish line I loved the downhill after it!
BS18

Just wanted to see what everyone thought and to see if you felt it was worth the drive. I know I'm the only one that liked the finish line cause I was the only one tha cleared it. lol So no need to comment on it as it will be changed to a single followed by a step down table top. I'm also gonna shorten the half single after the start even though I don't think it's possible to cross over on one another. All in all it was a great but chilly day and thanks so much for coming out and supporting us! Ill try to post a video clip of the finish line I loved the downhill after it!
BS18

Broc, Mitchell loved it...nailed some of the bigger stuff on his 50! More pics to come, but based on these...I would say you had some fun. Was great to get sessions on the big track! Awesome.

DSC_0502 (800x533).jpgDSC_0504 (800x533).jpgDSC_0508 (800x533).jpgDSC_0580 (800x533).jpgDSC_0519 (800x533).jpgDSC_0520 (800x533).jpgDSC_0521 (800x533).jpg

The track was awesome! Thank you and all your helpers for all of the hard work you put in to the track. My son had a blast!

It is amazing how much work you put into the place! I cant remember seeing any rocks! The steep faced table tops are a blast to jump also! The section coming out of the bottom behind the start is really cool now with the inside mound and outside berm. Both sections were getting used quite a bit.

Once you get the mulch worked in more I think it will be great, it just seemed really slippery on it yesterday. Other than the finish line the only thing I would change is the bowl corner before the step down jump (triple?) in the bottom. The corner had multiple lines in it before when it was flat. It was a good passing corner before but now it is too one lined IMO.

Thought everything was good, will be better once the mulched is worked in. Only thing we didn't like was the steep faced take offs on the 2 new tables. They hurt when you take off and they hurt when you land. That is coming from older riders. The one where the whoops use to be has a nice run to it and most riders had to slow down to hit it so it would shoot you right. Make the take off shoot you out and make the table longer.

Having the mulch to close to the takeoff made it even steeper cause you go across the mulch and drop into a G out before the face. I will taper them a little more and the left before the triple was definitely want to one lined. I'll have to think about that one to make it better.

Track was awesome. Rough, Rutted, and the jumps were fun.

The split sessions sucked. One mini quad had his own 15 minutes which was a complete joke. Why cant they run mini quads with little bikes? The 85's still rode with big bikes after they decided to split them up, so there was another 15 minutes wasted.

This split session practice needs to be revised. It should be Big Bikes, Big Quads, 85's/65's, 50's/Mini Quads.

And before everyone says you cant run them like this is, its BS. when I got there, there was 450's, 85's, and Quads all on the track together. When I first went out, it was 450 A riders with Beginner 85's.

was talking to someone else about the same subject yesterday...

How did we used to do this 5 years ago? It seems like only up until this year / maybe last year this split session thing really has taken off. I used to remember going to tracks riding until my arms were falling off.

now im LUCKY if I go home and am even a little sore. its becoming harder and harder to justify a whole day worth of time, and $$$ for what you get out of it.

not complaining, not bashing anyone here (its happening at many places).. but im jjust wondering why now is it like this, when 4 or 5 years ago (or lesss even) i dont remember it being like that, yet turns outs were probably 2-3 times what they were now????

Im with ya crute. I had fun chasing you around the one practice though.

I mean, its honestly no wonder people dont show up. I spent an hour and half drive, with a $25 dollar entrance fee (which is for another day, $25 to practice!!!) and rode three times before I got tired of waiting around.

And I dont mean this to be bashful to the young kids. I am a 100% about everyone being safe, and getting the time they deserve. But it has to be revised, or you will be lucky to see those same people their next time. I loved the track and it was a really awesome practice for me. But besides highpoint being the next time they are running, I wouldn't be going back if they were going to be doing things in the order they did yesterday.

Lets move the practice session discussion into a new thread I started guys. Brock wants ideas on improvements here to provide a better racing experience in a few weeks. Lets keep it there for him and us!

Just saying

good idea. as far the crow layout, im glad to see the 2 main things I would have pointed out will be addressed. The finish.. I dont mind a big jump like that, but... if anything just reverse it. A single table so that even the slower guys can still jump onto the table and have some flow... having to roll anything kills flow, no flow, no fun. and the drop off into the woods is cool. heck with the split option just make it a step down all across.

the table by the start is kind of steep, but i liked it. except when i over shot it a few times, that was rough. it got better and easier / less sketchy as the mulch before it got worked in.

i dont understand the point of the big berms, but maybe thats just me.

was talking to someone else about the same subject yesterday...

How did we used to do this 5 years ago? It seems like only up until this year / maybe last year this split session thing really has taken off. I used to remember going to tracks riding until my arms were falling off.

now im LUCKY if I go home and am even a little sore. its becoming harder and harder to justify a whole day worth of time, and $$$ for what you get out of it.

not complaining, not bashing anyone here (its happening at many places).. but im jjust wondering why now is it like this, when 4 or 5 years ago (or lesss even) i dont remember it being like that, yet turns outs were probably 2-3 times what they were now????

Everyone wants their own track time with a few people that relatively the same speed. What happened to hold your line and have fun?

Everyone wants their own track time with a few people that relatively the same speed. What happened to hold your line and have fun?

thats what im saying. when i started i remember being scared shiitless of the faster guys flying around me..but you learn to hold yourline (baker, no collarbone comments. hahahahah) and in the end it will probably make you a better rider

i think kids have gotten a little dumber too. Some kids go out to win practice all the time. I'm all for pushing it in practice, but im never going to make any kind of pass in practice to put anyone at any kind of risk, especially someone on a smaller bike. I'll follow them around for a half a lap if I have to wait to safely get around them.

if people just used their head a little bit... but these days thats asking too much.

I hated the spit session also! I will work with members on that one. I said the same thing while I was waiting forever why one mini quad couldn't ride with the 50s! They said the did one time and a fifty rider crashed and the mini quad ran him over. What's the chance of that! Next time it will be big bikes, quads, 80 and below. That way I'm not jumping the triple waiting for a fifty to pop out of the double and crush them. Three max keeps the day moving!

I hated the spit session also! I will work with members on that one. I said the same thing while I was waiting forever why one mini quad couldn't ride with the 50s! They said the did one time and a fifty rider crashed and the mini quad ran him over. What's the chance of that! Next time it will be big bikes, quads, 80 and below. That way I'm not jumping the triple waiting for a fifty to pop out of the double and crush them. Three max keeps the day moving!

On a normal practice day, we do one big group for all minis and mini quads together. Usually 20 minutes. Tomorrow for Tues. (big track only) practice we will do A/B's, C's, and Mini's. groups; 15-20 min each. Now I know this wont work for super big Saturday before Sunday race day situations. But that's what I do on occasion, and it seems to work good.

Ill try to post a video clip of the finish line I loved the downhill after it!
BS18

I wanna see this finish line gap. That lip had to pop you up pretty high. When I first pulled in, I was like o ya, some dudes will be laying that out. Then after the first session, I was thinking, well sure in the H*LL aint gonna be me trying it ahahaha.

Couples pics my wife snapped of Brock jumping finish line. We have a crappy camera so it is what it is. The dip in front of the guy taking a picture is where everyone else was landing.

IMG_1659.jpgIMG_1661.jpg

And he was riding a 125!

I think I would have done it if the mulch wasnt after it, I was more afraid of over jumping and landing there. It would suck you in and cart wheel you all the way to the bottom!

Back