How was Crow Canyons new layout.

I miss Broken Spokes that place helped my career mor than anything. Funny stories. Bob was a tough one man show. Millions of memories there. Rocky never watered, rough never ripped, wide front section cow path back section. Puddles you could fish out of and Mitch Layton would make his riders come back and stay with me so we could put our two fourth minute motos in every day. So dusty filter change every ride and did I mention the biggest jumps ever! That place was my favorite all time!

I miss Broken Spokes that place helped my career mor than anything. Funny stories. Bob was a tough one man show. Millions of memories there. Rocky never watered, rough never ripped, wide front section cow path back section. Puddles you could fish out of and Mitch Layton would make his riders come back and stay with me so we could put our two fourth minute motos in every day. So dusty filter change every ride and did I mention the biggest jumps ever! That place was my favorite all time!

That table to table jump up top was SICK!

Table to table was sick! Doubles out of the corner we sick! And crow's is a club now so why does it matter what we think of the track? Shouldn't the Members be the only ones worried about it...If no one can rise it but club members the rest of the year??????

Table to table was sick! Doubles out of the corner we sick! And crow's is a club now so why does it matter what we think of the track? Shouldn't the Members be the only ones worried about it...If no one can rise it but club members the rest of the year??????

Valid point!

It would benefit the club to hold one open practice to public every couple weeks or so. Charge $20 to ride and $5 for a one day pass. Then I might carpool with a few guys to bring you $100.

Tell that To Western Reserve while ur at it lol. Love that place but club members only. If i lived 25 mins away sure....clubs are great when u live close. Just can't justify it as I'd maybe ride those tracks 2 to 3 times a year at the most.

They have a scheduled event this year.....

Brock, I tell this story from time to time.... I got on a real dirtbike for the 1st time ever and along with my brother was being "motocross" racers for the day at Broken Spokes. He and I are riding the upper track and I'm climbing up a couple hills like they were highwalls....We decide to take a break and sit at the top of these high walls. Only to hear two dirtbikes in the distance coming our way with the rpm's sky high and at a high rate of speed. These two "riders" come flying up this "highwall" and jump to the next one downsiding it. They got so high they got leaves stuck in their helmets from the tree branches! Then continued to the next series of jumps. I was in complete awe after watching this and thought these two guys are completely crazy!
These two riders pull up to where my brother and I were and pull off the helmets to talk to him and I. It was Brock and another pro that I can't remember. It was at that moment I realised how big of a set you all have to be doing this. At that time I was racing my sportbike all over the eastern coast. I told you that you were were insane and you replied - No, you are crazy to be going 160mph sliding your knee... Just a little memory that sticks with me for some reason... And I wish Spokes was still around too!

Shouldn't the Members be the only ones worried about it...If no one can rise it but club members the rest of the year??????

Not exactly true. Any member is allowed to bring whoever we want down to ride at anytime. We just have to charge 20 a head for the day. Now I can't guarantee the track is gonna be prepped, but if you don't mind that then there you go. There are at least a hundred of us that have keys, so time to make some new friends. :)

Broc, I feel like a gigantic female body part that babies come from, because I didn't jump the finish line. I knew all it would take is watching someone else do it but that didn't happen until I saw your vid.

There was a small group of us heckling each other all day about jumping it and none of us pulled the trigger. When I noticed you on the track with us in the second to last session I assumed you would jump it but it looked like you were scouting or having bike issues so I stopped looking for you to jump it.

As you know, there is an art to building jumps and almost every builder has there own opinion on how it should be. Until I saw the vid, these were my concerns... the face seemed too short, too steep, and too sharp of a radius in the transition for the speed needed to jump 90 feet then match a narrow window on the down side, which also appeared to have too acute of a radius at the bottom. Not to mention the possibility of over jumping it early in the day would have been touchy due to the suspect traction just after the down side.

After seeing the vid. I wish I had another crack at it, looks very fun!

From the point of view of an outsider looking in, I can tell you guys put a lot of time in removing rocks. You have a little ways to go but none the less, great job! The big bowl turns are interesting, I think with a little tweaking I would leave them as part of the track. The one just as you come out of the woods and the one just after it need shaped to flow with the track a little better, imo.

The single going into the woods either needs to be extended all across and adjust the length to height ratio, 4 to 1, more like a ski jump or removed, imo.

I was hoping to see some more changes to the entire section coming to the finish line, seems to be getting stale. At the very least adjust the down sides so we are not flat landing when at race pace, imo.

I do like the flow better after the camel hump. Removing the tight S turn area and going directly into the table was a good move also. You now have enough room to put a massive table in there, not to mention you have the dirt to get started with the double after it. It would be a good jump to take time to view the pit board when built properly. If the face was moved back about 10 to 20 feet, twice as tall as it is now, fill in the transition some, add 30 to 40 feet to the table, add about 4 or 5 feet to the height of the landing (or the entire table if you have the time and dirt) and wa-la another nice big jump for the masses, imo.

I can see you guys did some nice work on rerouting some springs, another great job.

I could keep going but I have other things I am supposed to be doing. Keep up the good work and thanks for giving back!

I'm sticking with making necessary adjustments for the race day after Highpoint National. I'm glad i rode its been a long time and that was the first time I ever rode that 2003 RM. It was so much fun to ride compared to a four stroke I can't even begin to tell you all the reasons. SX I'll stick with a four stroke but MX I would rather get beat than ride a four stroke. On a side note thank GOD I never was smart enough to figure all the angles, trajectory height, length bla bla bla. It would freak me out and I wouldn't jump anything lol. Once I fill it in 85s will be hucking it. Thanks again all for coming out and it'll be improved for the Race. At least it's in the direction of a top notch built and prepped track again! Just need some love.

Loneranger needs to bring some gear out to Beans today and I'll let you ride my Slowzuki 144. You will be hooked for sure! I also have a hook up on converting the older aluminum framed CR125s into Yamaha sleeved 144's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can buy them cheap and they will be sleeved to Yamaha porting. Anyhoo let me know if you can show up and burn some laps today. Gotta get riding so you can make it to Crow also for the final revolution race.

Back