How was Crow Canyons new layout.

It's almost ten feet shorter than the old one. You can do it on an 80 pretty easy. And it didn't through you high at all. As you can see from the photo I'm pretty low. I went up to it in fourth on my 125 and was thinking if I hit it wide open I'll land half way down the hill. So I cruised up the hill in third and hit it pretty hard and landed in the mulch lol. It's all downhill it was still a smooth landing considering. I couldn't believe no one was hitting it when I showed back up at three on my bike. I had to get off my rocking chair after my miday nap and bust it out lol. Sucks getting old!

It's almost ten feet shorter than the old one. You can do it on an 80 pretty easy. And it didn't through you high at all. As you can see from the photo I'm pretty low. I went up to it in fourth on my 125 and was thinking if I hit it wide open I'll land half way down the hill. So I cruised up the hill in third and hit it pretty hard and landed in the mulch lol. It's all downhill it was still a smooth landing considering. I couldn't believe no one was hitting it when I showed back up at three on my bike. I had to get off my rocking chair after my miday nap and bust it out lol. Sucks getting old!

i was more impresssed with the WFO down the hill after into the corner... pretty sure i was on my brakes half of that stretch.. you didnt let off until the corner. gues thats why im a mid pack b rider lol

Track was awesome. Rough, Rutted, and the jumps were fun.

The split sessions sucked. One mini quad had his own 15 minutes which was a complete joke. Why cant they run mini quads with little bikes? The 85's still rode with big bikes after they decided to split them up, so there was another 15 minutes wasted.

This split session practice needs to be revised. It should be Big Bikes, Big Quads, 85's/65's, 50's/Mini Quads.

And before everyone says you cant run them like this is, its BS. when I got there, there was 450's, 85's, and Quads all on the track together. When I first went out, it was 450 A riders with Beginner 85's.

If I bring my son and his "mini quad" he's end up hurting a 50 rider. Now, it can get complicated with the so called "mini quads". There are mods with hotrod 85cc dirtbike motors and there are beginner miniquads. There is a huge difference. My son will outrun most 300's on his mod. It'd be real bad to have him (along with quite a few kids around here) to go out there with 50's.

If I bring my son and his "mini quad" he's end up hurting a 50 rider. Now, it can get complicated with the so called "mini quads". There are mods with hotrod 85cc dirtbike motors and there are beginner miniquads. There is a huge difference. My son will outrun most 300's on his mod. It'd be real bad to have him (along with quite a few kids around here) to go out there with 50's.

Well then he should ride with the big boys, or ride like he is the older rider and show them how he can go fast but not be danger to everyone else. It can be done, I have rode my 450cc quad with 65's on my big track and have yet to run on over yet, now Jason Rogers is another matter. Im not at liberty to discuss my crash in Mr. Rogers neighborhood. Regardless its this:

This goes for everyone:

I think the point is that more people need to get used to riding with other people so we all can get more seat time. Big Bikes, big quads, then Mini's, or A/B Bike/quad, C Bike/Quad, Mini's. Pick one and go, If you ride with fear, and you dont feel comfortable with a group, you are not ready to be on the track during practice. However, if you can follow these easy steps then you might survive it. #1 Dont ride over your head. #2 move over to the far left or right when a faster ride is coming up on you. #3 If your are the faster rider, check up slightly to navigate around the slower rider. #4 Do not make wild and suprising lane changes at any point in time around other riders. #5 Do not stop on the track ever. #6 if this makes absolutley no sense you are not ready to Motocross, go straight to hobby lobby and get yourself a nifty pattern to make a quilt.

Maybe throw a tid bit into the riders' meetings about keeping your line instead of trying to move out of the way because the faster more, skilled rider would rather navigate around someone riding predictably than erratically. While this doesn't cover the people just ride at practices, it's just something to put into the head of anyone at an OMA race.

#2 move over to the far left or right when a faster ride is coming up on you.

Meow, Hiss, Scratch. HOLD YOUR LINE!!!!! Let's talk about collarbones, one quick fade to the left from Crute off a jump in order to get out of my way ended up with me having 6 screws and a plate. He was to the right in the main race line, so I elected to hit the jump from the far left. In the middle of the jump he decided to get out of that main race line. Good intentions; however, bad outcome. We're still good buddies, but it would of been real nice if I didn't have all this hardware. ;) I don't think Crute's ever crossed over in the middle of jump since then. That stuff does happen in mx and you can't get upset when it does. You can however educate the younger riders/all riders in general the basic etiquette of being on a track. And I'd say #1 rule in track etiquette is hold your line.

Just get nice and straight, stay where you are! Don't weave! Hold you're line. Hold you're line. Hold you're line. Im out of breathe.

Meow, Hiss, Scratch. HOLD YOUR LINE!!!!! Let's talk about collarbones, one quick fade to the left from Crute off a jump in order to get out of my way ended up with me having 6 screws and a plate. He was to the right in the main race line, so I elected to hit the jump from the far left. In the middle of the jump he decided to get out of that main race line. Good intentions; however, bad outcome. We're still good buddies, but it would of been real nice if I didn't have all this hardware. ;) I don't think Crute's ever crossed over in the middle of jump since then. That stuff does happen in mx and you can't get upset when it does. You can however educate the younger riders/all riders in general the basic etiquette of being on a track. And I'd say #1 rule in track etiquette is hold your line.

Just get nice and straight, stay where you are! Don't weave! Hold you're line. Hold you're line. Hold you're line. Im out of breathe.

ohh come on now theres a looottttttttt of exageration there!!!! how about my finger!! lol.. oh hey lets take off on the wrong gate and then play the game of see who can hang on the longest into the corner til we both just flip through the air lol

Rocket needs the same education...years ago I was on him at Broken Spokes when he decided to get wild, not hold a line, tag a hay bale that lined the track and launch it into my line. I thought I would wheelie it and and cut it in half. Bad move..well I got pitched and tumbled down a hill. In process, I remember thinking that grabbing onto the chicken wire fence would slow me down...bad idea...tore my thumb out of the socket and looked as if it was chopped off...I know the drill Georgie...same with Rocket and I, still friends, but all should know...he throws hay bales into your lines if you get too close to him.

Someone reiterate the don't weave...hole your line to Rocket please! LOL

ohh come on now theres a looottttttttt of exageration there!!!! how about my finger!! lol.. oh hey lets take off on the wrong gate and then play the game of see who can hang on the longest into the corner til we both just flip through the air lol

lol. I remember that holeshot vividly. Took off with sr mini instrad of my stagger. After you smashed your finger in between your clutch and my back arm I did a quick left and locked up the brakes turned around came back to the gate for my jr mini start and got the holeshot again. ;)

Then after a few weeks crute peels that black smashed necrotic looking fingernail off--i think in 7th grade study hall and litters the table with puss. Good story. Made me laugh.

And as I was getting carted off the track on the stretcher with a mangled collarbone Crute ran up and said: "omg I'm sorry did I cause that?" I remember thumbs-upping and I said no.

Id still hope people do the same today and realize nothing is intentional when it comes to those type of accidents. Forgiveness is needed in mx! ...oh and sorry about your finger Crute! :)

You should be out of the way before that. You cant tell me that you don't know a few straights so and so is coming up on you. Get over sooner. If you cant complete that maneuver just go ahead and pull off the track, get a bowl of noodles and at least look the part.

You should be out of the way before that. You cant tell me that you don't know a few straights so and so is coming up on you. Get over sooner. If you cant complete that maneuver just go ahead and pull off the track, get a bowl of noodles and at least look the part.

I figured that was what Jeremy was actually saying, not changing lines erratically while in a technical section, but being aware that faster riders are coming through soon, not on your butt, and moving cautiously/smoothly out of the racing line. As would be in the case of moving over to the edge on a straight way before the face of a jump.

What do all these last posts have to do with Crows track layout?????

Good point...I figured Brock has it figured out what might need some work, or how it will develop from his earlier quote: "Having the mulch to close to the takeoff made it even steeper cause you go across the mulch and drop into a G out before the face. I will taper them a little more and the left before the triple was definitely want to one lined. I'll have to think about that one to make it better."

I'm just an old blabbering idiot, please excuse me.

Rocket needs the same education...years ago I was on him at Broken Spokes when he decided to get wild, not hold a line, tag a hay bale that lined the track and launch it into my line. I thought I would wheelie it and and cut it in half. Bad move..well I got pitched and tumbled down a hill. In process, I remember thinking that grabbing onto the chicken wire fence would slow me down...bad idea...tore my thumb out of the socket and looked as if it was chopped off...I know the drill Georgie...same with Rocket and I, still friends, but all should know...he throws hay bales into your lines if you get too close to him.

Someone reiterate the don't weave...hole your line to Rocket please! LOL

Why Yamaha never added the Hay Bale dragger option to the YZ line is beyond me!!!! Now that Mitchy is on KTM's, he'll be able to throw Hay Bales in front of his competition too, I think you got a DNF and I got a trophy!!!!! And my line was down the hill on the left the whole time, I never varied my line the entire race except when I had to drive around the guy that tried to wheelie over the hay bale!

I like the Briarcliff schedule and if you are fast enough for the bigger class ride it. Three segments 20 minutes each # safe and plentiful practice time.

Back