2014 KTM's

How much ride time do you get... Couple laps? Long wait to ride usually? Would love to get on the 350....

I think they usually turn people loose for 7-8 laps per session normally there are 5-6 different models or so to ride, I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like you get a punch card and you get to ride each one twice. They usually bring two of each model so the wait isn't horrible.

Im still waiting to hear back from the orange factory.....my 13' 150 had 3 hours on it then poof! Looking for a little warranty love.
Ill be on the #48 rm until then

You get lots of seat time at demo day. They gave us 4 laps (all on faith of course) so naturally everyone took 5...:) some even squeezed six. (Stingy bastards!)

I wrecked the one 150 they had and bent the bars. Oops. Told them. They fixed it, gave it back and let ride it again. Lol.

You get lots of seat time at demo day. They gave us 4 laps (all on faith of course) so naturally everyone took 5...:) some even squeezed six. (Stingy bastards!)

I wrecked the one 150 they had and bent the bars. Oops. Told them. They fixed it, gave it back and let ride it again. Lol.

Yeah that's about right. It's on the C track. Last year I hit the turf with the 250SX. Just a little fall. Nothing harmed, but mud on the clutch grip/controls.

I'd suggest starting with the 125 and working your way up to the 450. I started with the 450 and after about having the bars ripped out of my hands off the get go, I couldn't squash the arm pump... Of course not much ride time for the year and coming off a '92 KX250 might have attributed to that as well...

Only thing that I missed was the 300EXC last year. Sure, not an MX bike, but liked the power delivery and, oh yeah, the electric start was kinda cool. The 350 was impressive. If my blood wasn't green, I could so see myself on one of them...

If you come to the KTM demo you will get a punch card and lanyard for the riding. At Briarcliff the demo is on the C track and you will get 4 laps on each model, plus 1 bonus ride on whatever model you want a second time. last year the lines and wait time was short, i just gwt in the shortest line or one that doesnt have a line and get my rides that way. some like to go from bottom-up and others top-down (125-450).

Crow Canyon usually has the XC, XCW and EXC bikes for offroad demos. check the ktm site for dates http://www.ktm.com/us/news-events/news/all/details/ktm-ride-orange-demo-ride-programschedule.html

That 150 is calling me. I have been wanting to get a a few laps on one of these since they came out. Anyone ride one? Thoughts, likes, hates?

I have a new unit 2012 XC 150 here on the floor. $6600. plus sales tax and title fee,
price for unit picked up here at our shop

My sons 350sxf came with one oil pump impeller in wrong,
Motor didnt get oil to the top end
Shop replaced the valve guides,cams,valves and claim they remachined the cam journals becaused they were scored
KTM should of replaced altleast the head assembly if not the entire motor.
They wouldnt cover anything,
I was looking to buy a new 350sxf or possibly a 250sx but now I will stay with yellow.
I have had no prblems with my old 05 RM-Z450

did you deal with KTM yourself or a dealer?

KTM from my personal experience, and also from what i hear from others, is normally really great about that kind of stuff.

My sons 350sxf came with one oil pump impeller in wrong,
Motor didnt get oil to the top end
Shop replaced the valve guides,cams,valves and claim they remachined the cam journals becaused they were scored
KTM should of replaced altleast the head assembly if not the entire motor.
They wouldnt cover anything,
I was looking to buy a new 350sxf or possibly a 250sx but now I will stay with yellow.
I have had no prblems with my old 05 RM-Z450

The engine case didnt crack in half? Or they replaced those before you bought it? My 05 RMZ engine case grenaded in 2 hours. dealer told me it was a problem but parts were on backorder before i bought it. so i raised a stink and got a new 06 yamaha 450 from them instead. my 01 RM250 also grenade midair on me after 20hrs, crankpin broke in half. scrapped that bike for a 02 YZ125. I ride a 2011 KTM 350 now and have had no issues with it besides a fuel pump the day after i got it back from dealer. i belive they swapped my pump for a bad one, never had a problem before i brought in for tranny recall.

The engine case didnt crack in half? Or they replaced those before you bought it? My 05 RMZ engine case grenaded in 2 hours. dealer told me it was a problem but parts were on backorder before i bought it. so i raised a stink and got a new 06 yamaha 450 from them instead. my 01 RM250 also grenade midair on me after 20hrs, crankpin broke in half. scrapped that bike for a 02 YZ125. I ride a 2011 KTM 350 now and have had no issues with it besides a fuel pump the day after i got it back from dealer. i belive they swapped my pump for a bad one, never had a problem before i brought in for tranny recall.

Seems like you have a black cloud following you, or your break-in regimen is not very effective....

KTM has always had excellent customer service. Last time I rode a ktm was when they newly introduced the 65's. I broke the pipe, and frame numerous times on that intial year bike. They fixed it everytime for free. My dad was always taking that bike to get fixed/recalled and they never had a sour remark. KTM is a great company.

Back