2014 KTM's

Other than the cornering Im wishing I had my Yamaha back.

The suspension is close now to the yamaha but the zook just never feels 100% planted like my YZ did. And I keep having issues with the plastic floating piston breaking in the fork at $100 a pop. It is broken agian for the 3rd time right now, has been for 2 months while I waited for back ordered parts. Showa says " yeah we have a problem with that" . Do you have a fix? " No " is the answer. Not to mention other odd things wearing out and breaking already.

You would think that you could make the Yamaha corner better with some of the available mods out there and with suspension set up, but in general you trade away some stability for cornering ability, so you have one or the other. Somewhere, the geometry of the bike plays are part in that set up and feel. Will you be buying the newly redesigned 2014 YZF for next year?

Screw all this Yam talk...I wanted a Dungey for my next bike...
Back to TPMX's 350.....
I have heard of the fuel pump issue so 955s not a surprise but what going on with that bottom end?
Did you buy that new?

I am not aware of this, this has never been the procedure in the last 4 years, as far as I know. If this is true, this needs to be discussed in advance. I will contact the man in charge.

x2

Never had to do this at Crow Canyon. Let us know what you find out J.

I've been a KTM guy forever (even Husaberg is a KTM bike) and they have always been very good about standing behind their product. Of course you need to get the right person to say yes to a fix, but this sounds like a lemon of a bike from the beginning, which happens to everything once in a while. I think your dealer (or another dealer with greater pull) should be able to help you with a detailed write up of all the problems with the bike since day 1 presented to KTM Customer Service with your season so far and all the bike issues. This one bad apple could be spoiling a whole bunch of other people's idea of the brand and they don't want that and are usually very willing to help make you happy. I'd take up Holeshot KTM on their offer to search your VIN and give them all the details of problems and let them attack the problem for you. Denny is one of only a few KTM Master Technicians or something along those lines, so his opinion may carry some more weight when presented to the right person at KTM.

Screw all this Yam talk...I wanted a Dungey for my next bike...
Back to TPMX's 350.....
I have heard of the fuel pump issue so 955s not a surprise but what going on with that bottom end?
Did you buy that new?

The meds are working reeaaaallll good for a Monday.......

Ok
I got to talk to hole shot today,Candy was great and advices me to talk with Ktm
I called and talked to them and they seem great
Waiting on Bryan Licul to call back as this is being forwarded to him
I really believe this bike just had an issue from day one and this motor will never be right.
That's a pain on a used bike so you can imagine what it's like on a new $8600 bike.
Believe me if you haven't rode one of these models they are sweet.
It handles (and its hard for me to admit this) better than any of mu suzukis.
Even for a fat old slow guy this thing is perfect
I was able to jump off my rmz450 and onto this and do everything at Dirt World first lap.
The bike is that comfortable.
I think if all goes well this will be my next bike
It doesn't wear you out,feels like a 125 on serious steroids
Ktm has a good bike in this just got that one know one wants to get.
Oh we'll will keep all posted

Besides my fuel problems my 350 has been a pretty good bike and yes I do agree they do handle good. Not quite as good as my 2012 RMZ250 but the more I have FCR tweek the suspension the better it gets for me. I am liking the 350 engine, a lot more than my 250F but way tamer than a 450 which is good,I have never been able to ride a 450 very well. Oh yeah I LOVE the electric start! Every bike should have this...

I bought my 2011 350SXF as a leftover and on a "trial" basis for two reasons:
(1)To see how I liked the 350 engine & how the bike handled since going to linkage. I have owned 3 previous year KTM's and have never been able to get comfortable on the way those bikes handled.
(2)Durabilty..I have been able to ride Yamaha,Honda & Suzuki 4-stroke bikes for a season or two with minor problems as long as you keep up on the maintenance (valve specs,oil changes,top ends,etc.).

So far the only real issue I have had is the fuel pump,so if it makes it through the year there may be a 2014 or 2015 KTM 350SXF in Greg's Garage...

Gary,next time you see me at the track come take my 350 for a few laps...I don't think they are all bad,your son just may have got a problem child. KTM support was great to deal with,they even called me back to make sure everything was going okay.

Ok Greg thanks for the offer.
Still waiting to hear from KTM but those guys may be over in Austria at KTM right now

Took the 350 up to HOLESHOT today for Dennis to get to the bottom of its problem
Never have been there before ,Dennis and Candy are super nice people with a nice looking shop.
Curious to see what Dennis finds and how KTM handles it.
Maybe we will get some riding in on it this summer yet!

Hope they fix it... Man I just got a 2011 350sxf and have yet to see a track yet but pray I don't have issues like you are...

You wont,we just git the one bad apple.
I think its on its way to getting fixed for the last time now
Holeshot had a new 2011 350 on the floor,nice bikes.
I am seriously going to look into a 350 once this ordeal is over

Put a bunch of laps on my 350 yesterday at Briarcliff & I haven't had any issues with it since they replaced the fuel pump...fun bike!

Talked to KTM today and they are taking care of the bike.
Its in good hands up at HoleShot KTM
Very nice guys at KTM customer support.
Nice to see a company still cares .

Back