2014 KTM's

Seems like you have a black cloud following you, or your break-in regimen is not very effective....

KTM has always had excellent customer service. Last time I rode a ktm was when they newly introduced the 65's. I broke the pipe, and frame numerous times on that intial year bike. They fixed it everytime for free. My dad was always taking that bike to get fixed/recalled and they never had a sour remark. KTM is a great company.

A suzuki black and yellow cloud! I had dealer problems, selling a bike (RMZ450) with a known problem at a discount. I have no beef with KTM, I love my 350. Ive had probably 30 or more bikes and only three engine failures. two on suzukis and one on my yz144 that was the cylinder platers fault, they made the clearance too tight and it squeaked a piston after it had 3 hours on it. I gave them yamahas clearance spec and they used wisecos which was a measly .001" difference but enough to seize on deep sand uphill after an hour of riding. my break in regimen, 3 heat cycles, 1 easy moto and let rip. thats more then most do. lol

I am thinking about buying a 2014 KTM 350SX-F in the fall if I can get the 3 month old 2011 leftover I bought fixed...dealing with injector/fuel pump problems with only 17hrs on it. I tried calling KTM customer service on & off all day,the number is always busy!

Here is the information I have directly from KTM. For the KTM Demo ride July 7th at Briarcliff riders must get a pass from their KTM dealer to take with them to the track in order to be a part of this event.
Here is how this notice reads from KTM
Participants must be invited by a KTM Dealer and will need to show the pass to get in the gate. Dealers must print out the pass and distribute them to Riders . In addition, each participant will also receive special offers from the Ride Orange Sponsors
So if you all need a pass come and see us today Friday June 21 or Saturday June 22 or at the least Monday June 24 to get your pass for entry.
Denny and I have been invited to KTM Austria for the 60th Anniversary. We are leaving Tuesday June 25th and will return after the July 4th holiday

We are headed to dirt world to night and Ill get some seat time on the 350 finally
since getting it back this time it is running sweet.
A new bike is in the near future,next hoping to ride the 250sx to see what it handles like.
Then I can decide if Ill stay with Suzuki or make the switch
My son paid way too much money for the 350 because the damn dealer knew they where hot and they could charge full
retail (and then some)and people would pay that to get them
Not going to work with me,Ill find a dealer with a better attitude and see if they want to sell a bike
If not Ill stay with Suzuki,have had very good luck with them.

I was able to finally get through on the KTM support line on Tuesday...talked to a Bill who was very helpful and even called my local dealer (Five Star Cycle) to get everything set up then he called me back to varify what was going to happen. Five Star Cycle called me that day and wanted me to bring in my bike ASAP. I have been working with them now to resolve all issues and KTM is covering the problem, which looks like my problem was the fuel pump...KTM support is very good!

We made it up to Dirt World and as always the track was about perfect again.
We a great time.
Ran some laps on the 350sxf and was convinced this was what I was going to buy.
Next time out my son was riding it and it lost all power and sounds like a bottom end failure.
What a pain,you pay this much money for something to have nothing but problems from day one.
I have never seen so many issues with a bike.
First there problems with one of the oil pumps and the top end is starved for oil.
Four weeks at the dealer before we get it back,have to say it was running perfect for the last couple weeks since he had it back.
I questioned at that time how long the bottom end was going to last if the top end didnt get oil how would we know the bottom end didnt
get hurt too.
We were assured it was fine
Now we have a brand new bike that has had the head remachined instead of replaced and now it sounds as if the crank is gone
This bike should of had a new motor put in it as soon as they seen how much damage was done to it.
the dealer says KTM wouldnt stand behind it and they ate the bill.
Who do you trust or believe any more

Exactly Marc
I took it out for several laps and when i came back
In i told my son i had made up my mind i was going to get a 350
I really do like the way it handles,it feels light and nimble
Has a little bit of a soft spot between 2-3 but you just have to not let the revs
Drop there and it pulls fine
Doesnt jerk at your arms and doesnt wear you out
Then next time he takes it out it dies
Now i will have to see how KTM handles things
I realize you can have problems with anything but summer will be over and hes fought
With this bike too much
We have went to several practice days
Paid $25 dollars to ride and get about three laps before problems start
It was fine for two weeks like i said but thats gone
So i second the WTF!

I have had a couple yamahas for a very short time
Bought a 400 in 98
I hated that bikes handling
Motor was sweet though
Probably good bikes
I just didnt like the way they turned

Other than the cornering Im wishing I had my Yamaha back.

The suspension is close now to the yamaha but the zook just never feels 100% planted like my YZ did. And I keep having issues with the plastic floating piston breaking in the fork at $100 a pop. It is broken agian for the 3rd time right now, has been for 2 months while I waited for back ordered parts. Showa says " yeah we have a problem with that" . Do you have a fix? " No " is the answer. Not to mention other odd things wearing out and breaking already.

Here is the information I have directly from KTM. For the KTM Demo ride July 7th at Briarcliff riders must get a pass from their KTM dealer to take with them to the track in order to be a part of this event.
Here is how this notice reads from KTM
Participants must be invited by a KTM Dealer and will need to show the pass to get in the gate. Dealers must print out the pass and distribute them to Riders . In addition, each participant will also receive special offers from the Ride Orange Sponsors
So if you all need a pass come and see us today Friday June 21 or Saturday June 22 or at the least Monday June 24 to get your pass for entry.
Denny and I have been invited to KTM Austria for the 60th Anniversary. We are leaving Tuesday June 25th and will return after the July 4th holiday

I am not aware of this, this has never been the procedure in the last 4 years, as far as I know. If this is true, this needs to be discussed in advance. I will contact the man in charge.

Back