1985 CR250 wins 250B moto at regional

Where is the guy with more money than he knows what to do with in this case? Someone out there has a bike sitting around to give this kid. He obviously has natural talent to do that on a 25 year old bike. Cant believe someone has not stepped up and bought this kid a some what newer bike.

It's cool to see a kid with some talent just getting it done on what he has to ride! And if he was doing this on a 2004 YZ 250, no one would even pay attention to the kid or what he is doing, so he's making a name for himself while riding this old bike and that is helping him. There are people offering stuff to him now, but it would be oh so cool to see a kid riding Loretta Lynn's on that bike no matter how he does there! Put him on a 2013 KTM 250 SX or YZ 250 and he's just another kid in a sea of people at the ranch trying to do well.

Hes already hooked up to stay and ride/train at SOB... ppl wanting to donate..etc. I'm sure hell have a bike if he wants it. But like Robin said, he'll be just like everyone else then. IMO its all about what your comfortable on. If hes comfortable on that bike, then whos to say he wouldnt slow down on something different?

Hopefully we get to see that thing at the ranch. That will be awesome. My main concern would be a lack of parts available.

Not taking a DAMN thing away from the kid that is an awesome accomplishment, but does anyone else feel like the level of B riders at a regional say down south or even around here is definitely a lot faster than what it looked like in the video? (that being said video never makes guys look as fast as they are really going so maybe thats it)

Yep you cant say anything about your new bike sucking when this guy passes you on the outside. Also goes to show how much everything has changed, it still remains the same. Steel frame, two stroke, disc brake, long travel suspension with linkage and liquid cooled. Ill give the credit for being a great rider and gettin' 'er done on that bike with rear drum brake. I had an 88 cr250 and I swear no 250 2t I've had since had better power, grunty, good midrange hit and sang on top.

Air forks? They had those in the 70s come on!

Hes already hooked up to stay and ride/train at SOB... ppl wanting to donate..etc. I'm sure hell have a bike if he wants it. But like Robin said, he'll be just like everyone else then. IMO its all about what your comfortable on. If hes comfortable on that bike, then whos to say he wouldnt slow down on something different?

Hopefully we get to see that thing at the ranch. That will be awesome. My main concern would be a lack of parts available.
Yeah my 88 broke the cartridge rod off at the top where the threads stopped. i guess it was a common thing back then. no parts were available from honda and finding a good one was nearly impossible. I finally got a good pair from a guy that sold vintage parts, 3 months later! most of the engine parts were largely interchangeable back then so there are a lot of spares to come across. suspension parts and a good clutch cover were the only parts i had trouble finding. but even the parts that were easy to find were on ebay or craiglist not at the local dealer.

Good luck to him, those were great bikes. I rode mine in the evo class at hare scrambles.

Yeah, that is freaking bad@$$ for sure. Good luck to him. I'd like to see him run that in the 2-stroke class at the ranch, but would hope he could get some help with a more modern bike for 250B. We shall see how the story unfolds...

Awesome story , hope this kid continues to tear it up. Goes to show what hard work and determination will get you .

All the posts about new bikes and mods for them mean nothing... 90% rider... 10% bike

Not sure you can say nothing...well, you didn't...kinda. 10% is something. Curiouso if you put RV2 on a 1985 KX250 if he would still walk away...

Believe me Scoobie. I am definitely guilty for talking new bikes and mods for them... Just grounded with my words by what this kid is showing...

Well I'm going to go delete my 2,000 in mods on a brand new 450 thread right now. Anyone got an 85 cr 250 for sale? :p

That kid was riding the piss out of that bike....just think if he was 16 yrs old in 1985.....maybe the record books would be different today....

Where is the guy with more money than he knows what to do with in this case? Someone out there has a bike sitting around to give this kid. He obviously has natural talent to do that on a 25 year old bike. Cant believe someone has not stepped up and bought this kid a some what newer bike.

In the video, he talks about some of the fast kids (some national winners?) in his class he beat that probably have everything, factory support, bikes, mod motor, thousands in suspension, trainer, family buried in debt. How are those kids and family dealing with that beat down. Surprised a few of those dads didn’t drive the those million dollar rigs into the first bridge abutment they came to on the interstate after pulling out of the track. Or if they are anything like a few infamous mini bike dads, those kids are hitchhiking home today.

Back