1985 CR250 wins 250B moto at regional

On a 28 year old bike, that was developed probably back in '83 or '84 before it saw production in '84 and shipped as an '85 model, beating 8~9 thousand dollar modern bikes to the first turn! Love it! There's not alot of people who could do that either and hang in there the whole moto.

Awesome for sure... I wonder if they got him a new bike how much better he may or may not do... Kids got skills definitely..

This kid is not only talented but smart! I personally love it. If that doesn't reign in these crazy increased cost of bikes I'm not sure what will. Hopefully that kid starts a revolution and more people start to realize any well maintained bike can be comparative.

My monthly payment on my 13 crf makes me feel stupid. watching this video, and seeing this kid shread on an old bike, makes me feel extra stupid... i'm starting to miss my trusty 02' cr 250

That kid was so fun to watch. Pit, Kari and I stood by the whoops one of his moto's and cheered him on!!! He knew we were there and you could tell he was having a ball. He was getting cheers from everyone all around the track.
Blazing fast, and slightly out of control, I can best describe him as a Bob Hannah style rider. Stylish in his over-aggression and quick to change a mistake into an advantage, he so over-rode that bike like I've only seen Bob do it. He flew farther, accelerated down hills harder and attacked the turns and whoops harder than anyone. It looked like he was on a bicycle......

There was an article in the AMA magazine (am I the only goof ball that reads those things?) about guys winning titles on older bikes. The classes were Vet 35 or Senior 40 or something like that. The article was about guys winning titles on 5-6 year old equipment. (Granted, they aren't THIS old,) but a good story none-the-less.

Copied from my FB post:

Forget the man of steel. Clark Kent step aside, we have a real life hero that is more worthy of a cape. Somewhere right now Dave Arnold and David Baily have an ear to ear grin. Maybe Johnny O’Mara, Ron Lechien and Bob Hannah too.

Meet the motocross viral video, social media sweetheart of the week. This guy pulls on so many heart strings at the same time, it’s not even fair. The bike he rode would draw double takes and a 5 minute blank gaze of nostalgia to most vets in 40+ range just by simply walking past it in the pits. But to go out at a Regional qualifier and put a dusting on modern machinery that 2 cans of pledge couldn’t clean off, say what!

On a 2 stroke machine that is nearly 28 years old. Hell by the time most of his competitors reach that age they’ll be washed up, burnt out. Or simply not racing anymore because the family home got foreclosed on as they spent every last red cent chasing the dream trying to make junior the next big thing.

Forget about fuel injection, holeshot devices, high/low speed compression and those $2000 set of forks. Ol boy here just gave you the stank eye as he passed you on a carbureted blood red steed with a rear drum brake, galloping through the breaker bumps like a General riding his horse out of victorious battle.

Oh yeah the 80's are back. If this video doesn’t make you want to put on a mullet wig, stand on the hood of a muscle car, crank a hair metal power ballad and chug a Budweiser; you my friend are neither American or a motocrosser. I demand you immediately deport yourself.

Yea everyone cooks on the national level. Makes even the fastest look mediocre. It's unreal. Usko is fast and he struggled at high point. Mostly bad luck I would say. Everything has to be spot on for the national scene for sure.

Back