Jeff Alessi caught with laser pointer at Woshougal

it wasn't jeff.

s1200_stewartpredator.jpg

So Poto gets a laser pointed at him and nobody is affected, Poto cheats on the restart of a red flag and gets away with it.

Fixed BS. At least it was a monster green laser.

I think the 10K fine should have been paid by his Dad and brother not him. He has become a more mature rider lately. Hopefully he didnt condone those actions. I cant believe with all the cheating over the years in MX they nail him to the wall for something this minor.

Feel bad for Mike. I think he has mad a serious effort the last couple years to change his attitude, and really trying to be fan friendly. Guess his dad and brother did not take lessons from mike. His dad I think has always been an issue......and his brother, just never had the same talent level.

Punish the two involved, not mike.

The good new is, Jeff and Tony wont be at the races annoying Mike! Maybe this is a blessing for Mike.

There was more evidence against OJ and he got off so ..... maybe Jeff is innocent.

You can not do anything anymore without 20 different pictures of it from a 1000 angles! Do the math it is right.

I think another team would pick up Mike. Carmichael should grab him. Leave Jeff and Tony at home.

It would be awesome if Mike showed up in a regular van with no decals on his bike for the last few nationals and just rode for the fun of it!

What is the "assaulted my son" thing, and the cops? Did Davey touch him? WTF screw you Tony and take your kid jeff with you.

Quite interesting. I love where Tony threatens Coombs with the lawyer thing instead of being upset with his son for doing something stupid.

I would love to see a whole post of all of the issues the Alessi's have been involved with. It would be a good read.

Ok, my two cents... Alessi = douchbags. There has NEVER been any doubt about that one....
This is like watching a fight between Hitler vs. Mussolini... who do you root for? On one side you have a family that has never given anything to the sport. The other side is a family that has taken so much from the people that make this sport what it is???? Can you guess which is which?

Yes, kick all the Alessi's out of the sport... you know damn well Mike knew about it. they were playing with it in the semi before the race. Anything that could hurt anything rider should be dealt with in the same manner.
It is against the rules to yell at Davy Coombs? Really? And no one see's a problem with that? Here is the perfect example why we need another option for a pro motocross organization. OR a union. With all the crap I have posted on here about MX Sports I sure I am banned for life.

Now I have to ask... Why would a company that makes hot tub covers sponsor a motocross team?

The Alessi sure have caused a lot of controversy over the year. You have believe the hype Tony, kill switch Mike and now laser beam Jeff.

My thought is ....

What problems other than irritating a couple riders did Jeff cause? There is no advantage given to mike from Jeffs antics. He was being a stupid moron. It was said this is one of the harshest punishments in MX history? Really? Im sorry but there have been far worse infractions with far less penalties than this. I hope MX Sports is happy that they just forced another team into folding over an effing laser pointer.

Makes little sense to me.

RV's GoPro, at 15 sec you can clearly see it on his visor. I wouldn't call it "just a laser pointer" these things can make you blind. I own a 150W laser cutter/engraver and will be happy to turn the power down to 5 milliwatts and let anyone look into it who thinks it won't hurt them.

My thought is ....

What problems other than irritating a couple riders did Jeff cause? There is no advantage given to mike from Jeffs antics. He was being a stupid moron. It was said this is one of the harshest punishments in MX history? Really? Im sorry but there have been far worse infractions with far less penalties than this. I hope MX Sports is happy that they just forced another team into folding over an effing laser pointer.

Makes little sense to me.

First of all, WOW are those guys flying.....

It is not just what happened in the particular Alessi Cluster... Davie has had enough.

Why is it so bad to have a laser flashing around in your face. just to break RV2's concentration to get a crappy start.
I hope he wasn't messing with anyone racing on the track.

Besides, If the confrontation was handled a little different by both parties the outcome would have been a little different.

In the stuff I read it didnt mention anything about it happening while riding! That is not a good thing at all. At the starting gate once you tilt your head down you wont see it, at the pro level I would think flashing lights before the 30 sec card wouldnt affect them. I also didnt think about the "directly in the eye" with a laser angle either.

as usual disregard any of my comments

It's like they are on fast forward they are covering the track so fast....... I can't think as fast as they are hitting that stuff, which is probably why I'm 30 seconds per lap slower than RV on a track like that...... I need the extra 30 seconds to think!

It's like they are on fast forward they are covering the track so fast....... I can't think as fast as they are hitting that stuff, which is probably why I'm 30 seconds per lap slower than RV on a track like that...... I need the extra 30 seconds to think!

Actually Rocket I bet most are more than 30 seconds off a lap. Local Ohio rider was 25 seconds off a lap at redbud.

Back