Jeff Alessi caught with laser pointer at Woshougal

Ryan was also maliciously attacked by some of the riders. No mention of this came up in any of the interviews. The video evidence clearly shows that guy on the yellow bike with what looks like a number 7 on the side is seen throwing globs of mud at a high rate of speed directly at Ryan's line of sight. This could have caused a motorcycle accident.

Speaking of JS7, I think he's due for a win. He's going to finish the season which was what he really needed, but I think it's time to drop the hammer on these guys.

Man that angle makes you realize how far those guys are jumping on some of those jumps that don't look so big on TV. They are flying.....and even I will admit in the middle there when Bubba is going through those S turns, he cut some line and hooked up like no one I've seen.

I think Mike is the one getting screwed. I would like to see him finish out the season. From the Go Pro, I don't see how that laser affected RV at all.

That sucks that mike got nailed for his brothers actions, I highly doubt he told Jeff to do that considering Rv could basically wreck every other lap and still beat alessi lol

Man.. Watching that video give me a headache... The pace of the best guys is blistering

You know, I was thinking that when I was watching it over the weekend. That track is a freeway! Well....at least for them. Crazy how fast they are going. Even crazier how fast the top 3 or even more so RV was at his fastest lap times. Simply amazing...

I'm with you on Bubba. He's due. He has the speed for a bit early, but I question his fitness as compared to the Ryan's to be able to run that pace for 30+2. I also think he is at a different thought process at this stage in his career. The will to win is still there, but the drive to do whatever it takes is not as he does not want to get hurt anymore. At times, he gets wrapped up in the moto, goes back to his days of all out speed, and has a fall or something fighting between the two modes of riding. He is still the quickest man on the planet, but not the fastest. Thinking RV has taken that crown for now. We'll see.

You know he is fast as all get out still if he's not giving it all he has and is still up front....waaaayyyy up front as compared to 4th and back.... Don't get me wrong, he's giving a lot, but as compared to the Bubba of yesterday, he's being just a slight bit more conservitive than he used to. The Bubba Scrub is not it's scubbyest every lap...

Jeff is a loser. He has wrecked Mike's season now. He should go fall in a hole with Hansen and JLaw somewhere.

RV's GoPro, at 15 sec you can clearly see it on his visor. I wouldn't call it "just a laser pointer" these things can make you blind. I own a 150W laser cutter/engraver and will be happy to turn the power down to 5 milliwatts and let anyone look into it who thinks it won't hurt them.

[video=youtube;Teb99dX11bM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Teb99dX11bM#at=45[/video]

From the pic of Coombs walking with the laser, I'm guessing it's a 25mW device. From the video of Vilepotato's helmet,
I'm guessing a 2x2cm spot at that distance. From those two numbers I get .00625mW/cm^2.

From IEC60825, maximum permissible exposure time from this chart (you may have to cut and paste)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/IEC60825_MPE_W_s.png

is less than a tenth of a second.

It's freakin dangerous if I'm off two orders of magnitude! It was flashing around Vilepotato's face at least 4-5 seconds.

It wasn't long ago everyone said mike was the loser and Jeff was always put in Mikes shadow. Everyone said Jeff was the class act that deserved rides but mike got them.....now one laser pointer later he's being compared to Hansen and Lawrence.

I found this on Vital. This was an apology written by Jeff Alessi :

Hey guys,

I'm here to inform all of you that I am responsible for the incident that happened this weekend at Washougal national. As many of you know a green laser went across Ryan Villopoto and Malcolm Stewart before the start of the first moto. I was the person who did that and I would like to say to those two riders that I am very sorry for causing any distraction to them before the start of the race. I had no intent to harm either rider or affect their results.

I would also like to extend my sincere apologies to Steve Matthes who had to hear the wrath of my father who was defending me with the thought that I was innocent because I told him a story to make him think I wasn't guilty, and also for saying what I said to him during the confrontation.

To my brother, my father, and Mike Genova, words cannot describe the pain and shame I have to live with right now knowing the problems I caused for all of you and the rest of the team. I know how hard you work Mike800, and how you've made your one goal to stay out of drama and just race and try to show the masses that you are a great rider that loves racing.

When I sit here and think about what I did and what it caused I feel like I ruined EVERYTHING you spent the last 5 years building on, and I am so sorry brother because you don't deserve any of this.

To my dad, thanks for standing up for me and showing me you would take that bullet for me. I shouldn't have told you a story when you looked at me and asked what I did. I should've just told you the truth but I couldn't because I was terrified and scared and what came out instead was little and low and you still believed me because that's what you do when your kids say something. I was so dumb.

Mike Genova, what can I say other than you tried getting me back on track here and wanted me to make a difference and I didn't make any difference except cost you a lot of people's respect they had started having for you. You're like my second father, and just like my dad I lied to you too, and you defended me against it all and I'm here to finally give up my story and come clean and tell you I was standing in the grass with a $12 dollar laser acting like a five-year-old, doing childish pranks and it all came down on your team and my brother. I'm really sorry, Mike. I thought I had changed and I made an effort prior to that mistake to do nothing wrong all week and try to help but I stopped thinking and I'm truly sorry.

My last apology I will end with is to the man who did his job and found me when I was doing something wrong, Davey Coombs. I am so sorry I had to put you in that situation that you had to spend important time looking for who was causing the big problem. I know how disappointed you were when you found out I was the one with the device and you had to do what you did, but I also want you to know I never thought you were rough with me, you were just doing your job.

To everyone else, the Monster Energy Kawasaki team, JGR, the Stewart family; MotoConcept team members Vince Freise, James, Dave Dye, Daniel Castloo, Shauna Genova and Sandy Genova; I'm sorry for the outcome of this, it was never my intentions and I will work hard to learn from all of this and return to a professional human that uses his brain before making actions.

To the motorcycle community, I hope this does not reflect who I am because I'm not the person it looks like I am right now and I will try and prove that in the future.

Jeff Alessi

Hitler says it all! check out link bellow

Secret Pilotdude Video From Inside the MCR rig at Washougal Motocross

Video was funny. As for the apology........too little too late in my opinion. Jeff should be gone. Tony and Mike should be at the races this week.

Considering its only been two hours, and there has only been two comments total after the apology, I feel that it's a little early to get so worked up. Technically you posted the apology but didn't even comment on it yourself, so what gives!?!?

Personally I think he's a young guy who wasn't being smart. I think he should have apologized sooner, before he made Genova and his dad look like idiots. Well, Tony more of an idiot than he already is. I think he should get in trouble, and the team should get in trouble. Personally feel bad for Mike cause I really can't see him condoning that. Using the laser in the pits, sure that's no harm. I've hated Alessi for 10 years... But he really has tried to change his image for the last few years and I respect that.

Back