BC GP Race, 10-5-13

Spilldawg444, nice race man. That was a pretty intense last lap we had going there haha. By the way how close were you to hitting that deer on the first lap? It looked really close from where I was.

Deer? Holy smokes.

I thought it was awesome as well. The track got better as the day went on and just a few very light sprinkles throughout the day. Really, really fun course.

Can't believe I actually witnessed Scoob racing a dirt bike!!!! haha

First race in 23 years, had a great time. Course was fun and challenging at least for the morning session. Thank you OMA and JO, planning on next weekends GP. The boy had a great time as well! Disappointed in the turnout, I just don't get why everyone quits racing after Labor Day ? I'm a motocrosser of old and enjoyed the day. One thing I'm
Pissed about, No trophy for 14th place? C-mon man ! And finally I got to meet my neighbor spilldawg! Nice to meet you !

And hopefully not your last. Thanks to J.O. as well, very fun track.

I am planning on racing the next three, I didn't do very well but had a great time. I raced 50+, might add another class at the next one.

bye the way I almost had the holeshot with my cheater electric start in gear 300 ktm... but you went zinging by me going into the first turn..LOL

I am planning on racing the next three, I didn't do very well but had a great time. I raced 50+, might add another class at the next one

Having fun is what it's all about. I'll be at the next 2, not sure yet if I can make Malvern's new date.

First race in 23 years, had a great time. Course was fun and challenging at least for the morning session. Thank you OMA and JO, planning on next weekends GP. The boy had a great time as well! Disappointed in the turnout, I just don't get why everyone quits racing after Labor Day ? I'm a motocrosser of old and enjoyed the day. One thing I'm
Pissed about, No trophy for 14th place? C-mon man ! And finally I got to meet my neighbor spilldawg! Nice to meet you !

Damn it son.....I didnt know you were there!!! You should have came and said hi before hand. I was in a rush to leave and get to my kids birthday party. Had I known I would have taken you out!!! Lol

All in all a great day! A little light on the turnout, something like 91. However, I have a good feeling about our GP growing in the next couple years. I really liked the course, maybe open up the woods some more. I really appreciate everyone that took a chance on us given the weather. No risk equals no reward. Also big thanks to everyone that helped out. If we do one next year, I will put more effort into promoting it. Just wanted to get my feet wet.

All in all a great day! A little light on the turnout, something like 91. However, I have a good feeling about our GP growing in the next couple years. I really liked the course, maybe open up the woods some more. I really appreciate everyone that took a chance on us given the weather. No risk equals no reward. Also big thanks to everyone that helped out. If we do one next year, I will put more effort into promoting it. Just wanted to get my feet wet.

You did a great job with the layout of the track. No dust except for when I was behind you on the sections in the field. Even then it wasn't too bad. I have no idea why more people don't run these races. We came early, signed up, left and checked out Iron Pony for the first time (awesome store), got back to the track, geared up, raced and were out of there with only about 2 hours total at the track. How many laps did we get in? Last couple I was thinking I'd see the white flag and there wasn't one lol.

You did a great job with the layout of the track. No dust except for when I was behind you on the sections in the field. Even then it wasn't too bad. I have no idea why more people don't run these races. We came early, signed up, left and checked out Iron Pony for the first time (awesome store), got back to the track, geared up, raced and were out of there with only about 2 hours total at the track. How many laps did we get in? Last couple I was thinking I'd see the white flag and there wasn't one lol.

Lol, I was with ya. They claim we did 7......I dunno. I know our first lap was under 6 min, the second one just over. I couldn't hang with that pace. I think you got the white flag at 42, and finished at jut over 50 minutes. So you did 5 motos in one sitting.

The 11 am session was awesome! Bigger crowd and the track layout was perfect! One of the best times ive had on my bike in years! GP races are the best of both and a small time commitment!

Was bad@$$. Had best of times. Shoulder is killing me. TrYing to treat it with hops & barley. ;)

Can't believe I actually witnessed Scoob racing a dirt bike!!!! haha

I've seen crazier things. :)

Spilldawg444, nice race man. That was a pretty intense last lap we had going there haha. By the way how close were you to hitting that deer on the first lap? It looked really close from where I was.

Yeah that was crazy! You definitely were motoring me on the fast sections. I had the yz tapped in 5th and you were still gaining on the last straight. Fun race for sure. My tongue was in the spokes for the last mile.

The deer situation was interesting when it decided to run down the track after jumping out in front of us. I wasn't sure if you saw that or not. Sketchy few moments there. She was cutting the track!

Nice to meet you too! Now that I know you are the one with the sweet pit bike track in the neighborhood, I will be crashing the next riding party, lol.

Track was awes jo.....dont open up the woods any more. They are really open and easy as it is! Cant wait for the next one!

Damn it son.....I didnt know you were there!!! You should have came and said hi before hand. I was in a rush to leave and get to my kids birthday party. Had I known I would have taken you out!!! Lol

I flagged you by me in the woods, I could hear a 2 stroker rippin behind me and I knew I was holding them up. I seen it was you after you went by, had I known I would have rode very wide like quad wide and not let you around. Lol! Your bike sounds stout! I couldn't hang with you after that. Gibson lapped me in the woods and the dude can ride the woods like he rides the track! Great ride! Maybe shouldn't have made a GP my first track time since 1990! I have blisters on my shifter toe and my left hand went numb so bad that I thought my clutch cable broke at about lap 4. I shifted that poor 125 more times yesterday than Billy Graham has been on his knees.

Two of the funnier moments, Chris hause broke his clutch lever. He comes into the barrels yelling, I can't stop. He being the super nice guy stopped anyway and stalled. I gave him a push to get him going again. Luckily he borrowed a lever from a good friend for his next session. The other way funny moment was mr. Mosher not quite getting whoaed for the check point and riding under the tent.....lol.....he did turn around ride back through the barrels.

the straightaway before the barrels was the very fastest I have ever went on any track. I really struggled getting stopped for the check point the first couple of laps.. had both brakes locked up... lol

Two of the funnier moments, Chris hause broke his clutch lever. He comes into the barrels yelling, I can't stop. He being the super nice guy stopped anyway and stalled. I gave him a push to get him going again. Luckily he borrowed a lever from a good friend for his next session. The other way funny moment was mr. Mosher not quite getting whoaed for the check point and riding under the tent.....lol.....he did turn around ride back through the barrels.

Yes, the checkpoint group gets a standing ovation for their courage!

Back