Crow Canyon GP!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Crow Canyon is running their GP this Saturday, October 12th. Sign up can begin at 9:00am. After lengthy discussions, we realize that cost is factor for many people out there. We want to give people the opportunity to try these races out, so they can see what a good value GP racing really has to offer. So in addition to the normal scheduled waves, which will require an OMA membership, there will be an early Open class wave at 10am which does not require OMA membership. It will be 45 minutes like the rest. There will be no OMA points given, but there will be awards (trophies of the day) for that wave. We also see that many many parents are concerned about their children in the woods. So we will be offering a special track for the kids on 65's and under. It will include the big track at Crow, and then an offroad loop to get to the kids track and back to the main track, so parents can keep a better eye on the little ones. And to further our efforts to continue to build this event up, Broc has decided to extend your racing dollar further by reducing entry fees for his round of the GP series. He truly believes in his heart that this is the best racing going for many people, and they don't realize it yet (and he is a former supercross guy!). With that said the first wave for both NON-OMA and OMA members (OMA not required) will be $20. All of the other waves will be as follows:

Current OMA Members, 1st class - $20, 2nd-3rd - $15

New OMA Members, 1st class - $30, 2nd-3rd $20 (1st class fee includes the price of OMA membership!)

Kids Race for just $15!!! And if kids need a membership, Broc will let them race for $25 with the membership included!

Now is a good time to race a GP!<P><div class=after_content><blockquote class="signature restore"><div class=signaturecontainer>www.briarcliffmx.com

"I live, I Ride, I am"</div></blockquote></div>

Kudos to Broc, JO, and the OMA. That said, I won't be making this round as plans elsewhere had been made for me. I will do my best to get my buddies to go though and share the good news with them. Good show!! :)

That is really cool! I was planning on racing it anyway, but I really appreciate saving a few bucks. Thanks Broc.

Im going to make this one with Chris and my son even though we haven't been riding much. Ive been waiting for the GP's all summer.

OK that sounds great, so we will try to make it but I have a couple questions; How many laps will it be for an 85/jr mini rider, round about time or laps. Also, is there separate classes like, jr mini and say supermini? And I beleive they do the woods and the main track but is there anything else that is included as part of the race???

Alright one more thing, whats the difference between a GP and harescrammble??

time. GPS last 45 minutes, harescrambles are usually 1-2 hours. GPs are meant to be a mix of moto and woods, when I think of harescrambles, I think mostly woods.

Very cool and tempting... So if non oma member wave is 10 u need to be there for sign up by? Any hints on layout... 50/50 mix? Crow was always a big trail riding favorite...

OK that sounds great, so we will try to make it but I have a couple questions; How many laps will it be for an 85/jr mini rider, round about time or laps. Also, is there separate classes like, jr mini and say supermini? And I beleive they do the woods and the main track but is there anything else that is included as part of the race???

However many laps they can do in 45 minutes. All classes and times listed on omxa.net under the racing tab, look for Gp classes/schedule

$20 for the early open GP class is cheaper than going to a practice track so I hope everyone takes the opertunity to come out. I will finish banners tomorrow and hopefully post a video of the track so you MX racers will feel at ease with it. It's very wide and probably a 50/50 MX - open woods. Plus it's Crow Canyon, lets go racing!

Brock

hershey believe it or not im twice as fast in the woods than on a track, not this gp but future ones i will ride with ya or partner up, ive asked mr trent to go n the woods many times, one day.lol

hershey believe it or not im twice as fast in the woods than on a track, not this gp but future ones i will ride with ya or partner up, ive asked mr trent to go n the woods many times, one day.lol

Trent should like it, he likes that mountain bike stuff!

Back