OIR open Sunday the 13th

Alright, here we go, I know were going to get a lot of non-love from the quad guys from this, but please read and think about it before you hate. With the number of riders we are getting, and having to split sessions (we are thinking about 4 splits for next practice- A/B, C, VET, MINI ) to add quads to the mix along with the added prep would mean very little track time for everyone. Remember- April 2013 practice, the big and only complaint was that there was not enough track time.

Business is business. We miss riding at OIR and I raced the track when the Hands had it when the last quad motos were ending when the sun was setting. I don't think there was much of a hit as rather lets do ourselves a favor and not have to deal with it. So our team will continue to drive the 2.5 hours and give Jeremy our money. I can't blame OIR for their decision, we are just thankful that at least one track owner rides and races a quad.

You took away the best OMA track up here.....should have given the owner a break....remember when y ou started out..it was not easy!!!!

When we quit doing quads our bike numbers doubled! Just being honest. We like to race at bikes only tracks makes for a better track and shorter day. Big Game has the best idea he has two full size tracks that he runs bikes and quads separately-makes everybody happy.

You took away the best OMA track up here.....should have given the owner a break....remember when y ou started out..it was not easy!!!!

Assuming dirt world here? If so, I don't remember seeing your name at any of his races. Go get a dictionary and look up the word hypocrite, you might even see your photo.

Everyone in the OMA has been given plenty of opportunities. Look at chillitown, a perfect example of making the most of your opportunities.

You don't need to remind me how tough it is, here's some advise for everyone, it's still tough. It never stops. So if you want to own a track, you better be pretty damn tough, because your in for a long fight.

It used to be that if you wanted to race real competition in Ohio...then OIR was the place to be! It just seemed to have prestige! I could for sure see one track being bike only and that would be OIR! It would be a spectacle...a real spectator race in our local scene! This isn't to take away from the quads...but OIR racing when the Hands had it was always big time...there was a different look on racers face at OIR!

It used to be that if you wanted to race real competition in Ohio...then OIR was the place to be! It just seemed to have prestige! I could for sure see one track being bike only and that would be OIR! It would be a spectacle...a real spectator race in our local scene! This isn't to take away from the quads...but OIR racing when the Hands had it was always big time...there was a different look on racers face at OIR!

Exactly,I see the same look on the riders faces now as we used to back in the day.

Alright, here we go, I know were going to get a lot of non-love from the quad guys from this, but please read and think about it before you hate. With the number of riders we are getting, and having to split sessions (we are thinking about 4 splits for next practice- A/B, C, VET, MINI ) to add quads to the mix along with the added prep would mean very little track time for everyone. Remember- April 2013 practice, the big and only complaint was that there was not enough track time.

OK, So could an old guy sign up for two sessions?

Any thoughts on opening on the 26th/27th?

Assuming dirt world here? If so, I don't remember seeing your name at any of his races. Go get a dictionary and look up the word hypocrite, you might even see your photo.

Everyone in the OMA has been given plenty of opportunities. Look at chillitown, a perfect example of making the most of your opportunities.

You don't need to remind me how tough it is, here's some advise for everyone, it's still tough. It never stops. So if you want to own a track, you better be pretty damn tough, because your in for a long fight.

I admit of not being able to support Dirt World this past year like I have in years past and yes a lot of this responsibility does fall on the riders but Dirt World was not really placed in a position to succeed. Look at the dates, schedule conflicts/competition, weather (which is all luck).
I think the point I made on another post is still valid. Other OMA tracks cancelled/rescheduled events because they were afraid of competition and worried about poor rider turnout which would mean losing money (or break even)and they were treated differently. Also, these bigger tracks had some bigger event in which they had huge turnouts and they were still afraid of or complained of only having 90 bikes.
Dirt World needs to get back to basics! They need to focus on "Practice", they need to focus on providing a great practice day, get their numbers up and then maybe then they can worry about racing. (even maybe OMA)
I think you have admitted in prior post that Briar Cliff was built on practice. Tracks need good turnouts on practice days just to maintain and then hopefully be able to move forward from there.
I will support Dirt World next year as much as my work and life schedule allows.

JO keep calm man....JR told me what happen .No need to snap...yes I did not race...I was camping and I will support all the tracks I can!!!! MOTO for life !

JO keep calm man....JR told me what happen .No need to snap...yes I did not race...I was camping and I will support all the tracks I can!!!! MOTO for life !

I didn't even use an exclamation point. Just making a point. No snapping, not much snap left this late in the year.

I often wondered what it will be like when tracks realize keeping quads is just beating a dead horse.

Well thankfully Jeremy's track is full of dead horses.

Hershey or anyone affiliated with the D12 before it went under. After the quads were gone from the program did bike numbers significantly increase? Not trying to stir the pot anymore I just always wondered.

Hershey???? I have no clue. I wasnt part of D12. I just raced.

I only know of a couple instances where no quads meant more bikes, straight from track owners mouths. The rest is all people wind bagging as far as I know. It can work, it does at BC.

But this topic is old ans hashed out. This OIR thread is going on too long since it is way past the 13th practice date ........

Back