Monster Energy Cup

pit you're right about his career going down hill after going to Yamaha, but was the because of Yamaha? Injuries and distractions became more often his issue. Is that also when he changed trainers? (not sure, but thought he made a change here too)
I love his riding style and speed. An amazing / historical rider! Is he washed up? No more than Reed when RC4 and JS7 were smokin Reed. I honestly would love to see the guy be "JS7 focused" and bring it in SX. I am an RV2 fan, but love good racing!
OH and they both had me screaming at the TV while I was watching the 2nd moto. Hoping for more once the season starts!

How the firetruck can you miss the choker lane when you have how many spotters and a mechanic with a pit board? Did all those guys miss the white flag too? RV missed it, wadded it, then pussied out.

I hate Kawi's too!

=-)

Either the fish aren't biting...or you guys think I'm the ref and aren't listening.

BTW, completely off topic, but John259 and I have found a common ground...it's in Pittsburgh....

pit you're right about his career going down hill after going to Yamaha, but was the because of Yamaha? Injuries and distractions became more often his issue. Is that also when he changed trainers? (not sure, but thought he made a change here too)
I love his riding style and speed. An amazing / historical rider! Is he washed up? No more than Reed when RC4 and JS7 were smokin Reed. I honestly would love to see the guy be "JS7 focused" and bring it in SX. I am an RV2 fan, but love good racing!
OH and they both had me screaming at the TV while I was watching the 2nd moto. Hoping for more once the season starts!

x2 times 100!!

No no .... we are talking SX here not MX. McGrath's record will be secure for years to come. He isnt called the King of SX for nothing

RC 48 SX wins
Mc 72 SX wins

No contest

No no .... we are talking SX here not MX. McGrath's record will be secure for years to come. He isnt called the King of SX for nothing

RC 48 SX wins
Mc 72 SX wins

No contest

Wonder how much hardware that guy has around in his attack or in storage collecting dust? So many people would skin eachother to have one of his old ( or any pro ) trophies, or pitboards in their man cave... Surprised no pro has sold any of their old stuff collecting dust.

RC 48 SX wins
Mc 72 SX wins

No contest

Yeah, not disputing the record books. I give RC credit for beating MC in his prime. I think he won 13 races one year when nobody expected him too.

Reed rides the most like MC, but seems that smooth style can't win that many races anymore it seems. Riders like RC and JS that just let it all hang out at times with true grit seem to make it happen. The smooth style keeps you safe for the most part, but doesn't seem to win you championships anymore unless the other top guys are down.

Regardless I am looking forward to a fun, competative, and healthy SX season since I will not be. Of course, I was looking forward to that last season as well with Reed and K-dub riding over the top, well, their top, before they crashed. We all know how last season ended up...

Where's the A1 party at? OMA having another? Huh? Huh?.....

Yeah, not disputing the record books. I give RC credit for beating MC in his prime. I think he won 13 races one year when nobody expected him too.

And RC would have never beat MC in the 90's unless I'm forgetting something

Reed rides the most like MC, but seems that smooth style can't win that many races anymore it seems. Riders like RC and JS that just let it all hang out at times with true grit seem to make it happen. The smooth style keeps you safe for the most part, but doesn't seem to win you championships anymore unless the other top guys are down.

It is definitely a different type of pace today for sure... Scoob makes a valid argument about today's style of winning vs the 90's.... As much as I looked up to McGrath I wonder if his prime would be enough for today's supercross racing

Party????? Alcohol???? Supercross???? Dave smith???? Best bet for a good time...how many that house sleep??

Where's the A1 party at? OMA having another? Huh? Huh?.....

Details to come soon.

A little birdy told me a secret last night.... ;)...well, was bigger than birdy...can't fly...yeah...I guess not a birdy after all... :(

Party on Wayne!....

I have a theory. Bubba not winning began when all the sudden, he did not want to be referred to as "Bubba". Has nothing to do with the Yamaha at all. All the sudden he became JS7, and he stopped winning. So, I seem to be the only one still calling him Bubba.........if he goes back to being Bubba, perhaps he would start winning again!

One thing for sure, the SX season should finally be stacked in the 450 class again.

Mosher, when in the Steel City, you need to check out the Bigham Tavern. The scenery that night was incredible! And the beer was cheap!

Back