Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

beenridin

PR Elite
Finished up the 1989 Honda CR250R I got from evomx244 last year. Just need to put fluids in it and take it for a spin.......
New Bridgestone tires & tubes, o-ring chain & sprockets, Rebuilt 1990 Forks, Coppersmith built Ohlins shock, NOS Honda Clutch cover and waterpump seals, rear rotor, new brakes, bars, controls, cables, plastic, FMF Fatty pipe and silencer, etc.....
I think it came out pretty nice.:)

View attachment 51513
Sweeet! Love that bike...

BILL88L

PR Addict
I raced an 88 for 2 years all over California - my favorite bike ever!
Deanza Cycle Park 89.jpg

Dano762

PR Addict
Not a motocross bike but a 2 wheeler and a winter project.

Far from top of line and heavy but what I could afford new in 1980. Searched EBAY and other sites for NOS bottom bracket, bearings, races, freewheel, and chainrings. Frame off with new cables, chain, tires, etc. Learned a lot.

My college transportation for a while, shot at by Texas ranchers, snubbed by De Rosas, Cannondales and Pinarellos, plus veteran of quite a few early 80's triathlons across North Texas.

Raleigh1.jpg

ahrma479

PR Member
Not a motocross bike but a 2 wheeler and a winter project.

Far from top of line and heavy but what I could afford new in 1980. Searched EBAY and other sites for NOS bottom bracket, bearings, races, freewheel, and chainrings. Frame off with new cables, chain, tires, etc. Learned a lot.

My college transportation for a while, shot at by Texas ranchers, snubbed by De Rosas, Cannondales and Pinarellos, plus veteran of quite a few early 80's triathlons across North Texas.

View attachment 51561

I always dreamed of having a Colnago or Pinerello, wound up with an 80's Guerciotti GA Aluminum with Campy Choros Gruppo. I still have it, I will snap a pic of it later.

jeffro667

PR Addict
Since this turned into a bicycle thread, here's mine that I bought new in 1976. Tore it down to the frame last winter, greased everything, and laced up some clincher rims to get rid of the tubular tires. Rode it a few times, and realized I don't like riding on the road anymore lol.

Attachments

• 20150412_174540.jpg
    20150412_174540.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 199

NQ1965

PR Elite
I've got a early 90's Cannondale 3.0 road bike. Bought it off coworker for $50 a few years back.
I'm wearing that sucker out and don't have time to restore it. :D

The parts list since I bought:
Crank bearings
Front and rear tires
probably 5 tubes
Handlebars ( stress broke them right at the clamp )

This is an internet pic, but the same as mine.

CannondaleWhiteRedBlackPDX60cm-1.jpg

Last edited:

beenridin

PR Elite
927d1b569ed36c52e815dca0dabfc6d1.jpg
my 80s Fuji restored for road biking. Also had got a trainer for this winter!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

ahrma479

PR Member
Ive got the same bike, well its my wifes.
Just saw a nice schwinn trainer like above at the Huron Goodwill, $20

Attachments

• guercampy.jpg
    guercampy.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC02481.JPG
    DSC02481.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 187

beenridin

PR Elite
And that would be your guitar chord chart poster hanging on the door. (Like minds think alike :D)
Behind that door is more than a chord chart!!!
My wife did a room makeover for papa! Including a 15 foot mirror , track lighting. Sound proofing wall to wall. Guitar walk mounts ! Oh ya!!! We need another thread!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

sturd

PR Addict
Re: Bicycle rides

Amtrak's Capitol Limited has 8 bicycle spaces. Runs from DC to Chicago. Last Friday morning
we (four of us) caught it in Clevo and rode to Toodelido. Then rode our bikes back on the North
Coast Inland trail (mostly). Great fun, boy got frostbitten fingers but nothing major. 150 miles
in three days.
http://www.ohiobikeways.net/ncit.htm

Got to the truck in Clevo Sunday about 3PM. Next time we're going to PIT and
riding back, probably June.

The airbnb we rented in Elmore OH was excellent, bar and good restaurant within 50 feet.
Bartender that was showing off her new tattoos that were in personal places.

Vet261

PR Addict
How did we go from looking at sweet bikes and unbelievably cool cone pipes to butt-sniffing spandex wearing bicycle pics?

Back on track people!

Picked up a 91 RM80 around the corner for cheap, currently down to the frame for restore, hoping to sponsor a kid this summer at some old bike races.

91RM80.jpg

NQ1965

PR Elite
How did we go from looking at sweet bikes and unbelievably cool cone pipes to butt-sniffing spandex wearing bicycle pics? Back on track people! View attachment 51583

Haha... Wondered how far it would get before someone busted it up. See what you started DanO!

Accusing me of being a cyclist would be a desperate stretch, but I ride the hell out of my bike and do a lot of hill work. It's great cardio maintenance for GP and Moto racing!

Last edited: