Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

k01

PR Elite
Haha... Wondered how far it would get before someone busted it up. See what you started DanO!

Accusing me of being a cyclist would be a desperate stretch, but I ride the hell out of my bike and do a lot of hill work. It's great cardio maintenance for GP and Moto racing!
What's with all this new stuff. I've got one of these in the barn. Though a bit more rough. No spandex and talk about cardio!
1963 Schwinn Jaguar serC334486.jpg

Dano762

PR Addict
Thanks a lot for reminding everyone!! I thought about owning up for my bad judgement but then decided to let it slip away quietly.

But then YOU tried to turn it into a music post. You could fix this problem by posting a picture that lets us know you are getting ready for race season 2016.

In your new post I see that you are getting ready - excellent.

evomx244

PR Addict
How did we go from looking at sweet bikes and unbelievably cool cone pipes to butt-sniffing spandex wearing bicycle pics?

Back on track people!

Picked up a 91 RM80 around the corner for cheap, currently down to the frame for restore, hoping to sponsor a kid this summer at some old bike races.

View attachment 51583
sponsor me pit pretty please !!!!!

NQ1965

PR Elite
Thanks a lot for reminding everyone!! I thought about owning up for my bad judgement but then decided to let it slip away quietly.

But then YOU tried to turn it into a music post. You could fix this problem by posting a picture that lets us know you are getting ready for race season 2016.

In your new post I see that you are getting ready - excellent.

Hee hee..
There's box's of new parts setting on the bench for several of the bikes.
We have top-end gaskets coming from ebay for the MX250.
The US mail delivered a new 4th over Wiseco Piston for the MX250 today, so now I can get the cylinder out for rebore.
Just finished placing first order for swing arm linkage parts for the 98 CR250.

The CR and MX are in the garage waiting for me, and the 84 YZ250 and the 82 KDX are in staging area. I've got the weekend off and it's time to get busy, YeeeHaw! ! !
And if the weather cooperates, and Briarcliff gets to Open on Saturday, I'll drag the 03 YZ and the Grandkids PW out for some Spring warm up laps.

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Ya. This thread is staring to stink with all these bicycles. On the other hand, anybody here know anything about a Schwinn Stingray, or Banana Peeler- 5 speed? I had a sparkly green '68 Stingray as my first bike. We got it at a garage sale for $15 back in the '70's. As a childhood disciple of Evel Kneivel, it would almost be safe to say that the old green 'Ray may be responsible for my current madness..... Now, back to our scheduled programming.... --L*64

k01

PR Elite
I had a Schwinn orange crate with the 5 speed .
5 speed stick shift Schwinn Fastback for me. Added drag slick and sissy bar. If I'd of borrowed that springer front end from the Jaguar, would of had a Plum Crate. But I'd already built an extended fork chopper for neighborhood cruising. Fastback was for wheelies!
Winter projects of the 1960's... No wonder I'm tired if building stuff. :)

Dano762

PR Addict
Have the 78 1/2 RM ready for Dirt Country next week.

John, I had time today so I got rid of the crappy black paint the Chicago guy sprayed on the silencer you had made. A big improvement.

78 Exhaust.jpg

Dano762

PR Addict
In 2013 from a guy in Chicago on EBay. He put new plastics on it, some badly applied black paint, a shiny 78 Aluminum Tank, and relisted it a few weeks after he bought it from Pit.

cutty22

PR Member
This was my first project that got me hooked on vmx it was very sick in the horsepower department!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 211

Original44

PR Addict
Well the 82 Suzuki RM 125 is getting closer to getting done. Just need to get the carb rebuilt and put in the reeds. A few small things and it will be done.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Original44

PR Addict
Nice, I had one. Fantastic bike. I don't remember the air cleaner like that. Is that stock?
No, the stock air box had a filter on both side. Two filters to service, real pain in the butt. This is a copy of a twin air single-sided airbox. I'm not crazy about the look, but it will make it much easier to service.