Two guys out for Anaheim 1 already

Bummer for Bogle. At least the neck brace saved his life.

oh_no_you_di_int_retro_housewife_b_w_tshirt-2350404324044318021-300x300.jpg

"Oh no you didn't." You need to get over to vitalmx and start a 20 page thread war with them fightin' words.

Better not let the government find out about all these injuries. They might put a stop to Motocross! Seriously though, Major League Baseball is changing the rules about home plate collisions. NFL, NHL, etc keep changing rules because of injuries to save laws suits by players. When will it happen in SX? Jumps can not be over a certain length, whoops can only be so long and so deep........all the protect the riders and save the sanctioning body from law suits. Laugh now.......but why do you think NASCAR spent BILLIONS of dollars on safer barriers?

John250>>
My thoughts exactly. It is coming. Our sport is going to change.

I thought the very same thing when I heard about baseball this week.

And they are exhuming the KC player that killed his girlfriend and then shot himself. Reason? Too examine his brain for some type of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). That's the new disease that the NFL lost its lawsuit on.
Crazy stuff
Here is the link http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ayer-killed-girlfriend-exhumed-brain-research

SX has had a safety coordinator for over ten years. His one and only job is to inspect all equipment, track, bikes and stadiums for safety "violations" many times tracks are changed once issues are identified.
I have been told there will be Alot of attention paid this year on slowing down the tracks.
One of the biggest changes to track layout for safety has happens right under all our noses and no one said anything "bad" about it.... SAND.... Every track has a sand section and it is all about slowing down the riders. When was the last time you seen an injury in the sand section???
With the safety coordinator, mandatory technical inspection before every race, continued use of tuff blocks and many other "behind the curtain" rules ad regulations, they are trying to play CYA when the government comes calling

Better not let the government find out about all these injuries. They might put a stop to Motocross! Seriously though, Major League Baseball is changing the rules about home plate collisions. NFL, NHL, etc keep changing rules because of injuries to save laws suits by players. When will it happen in SX? Jumps can not be over a certain length, whoops can only be so long and so deep........all the protect the riders and save the sanctioning body from law suits. Laugh now.......but why do you think NASCAR spent BILLIONS of dollars on safer barriers?

Well they will consider it when bubba develops dementia at 40. But we got about 20 years before we will see the signs of multiple bad concussion impacts.

Last week while at the Performance Racing Industry Show, I attended a seminar facilitated by Amy L. McIntosh MD from the Mayo Clinic titled "Motocross Medicine". Guest speakers included Doc Bodner and some AMA smo'. Her presentation included data from over 1800 ER visits from riders age 4 to 63 with an emphasis on frequency and type of Motocross/Supercross related injuries. This data also included details on the use of safety gear, the type of gear worn as well as the fit and condition of the gear. Very powerful information and a very sincere approach to improving our sport. A quick search provided a couple links that appear to be a few years old...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjU8Vt85j68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whAeWq690vI

Afterwards I had an opportunity to speak one on one with Dr. Amy and the conversation turned to the Vet rider segment of her study as initially she just didn't get it....why do old guys continue to ride after multiple injuries, after numerous days at the track (Millville) learning about our passion and conducting surveys, she now understands and never misses the 40+, 45+ and 50+ plus gate drops. ;)

I would of liked to sit through that.

an interesting thing she pointed out is the deterioration of our upper cervical joints/vertebrae due to the nature of our sport, in other words... it does not require an injury to cause long term damage... images she shared reminded me of worn sprockets and clapped out shock bumpers. I left that room and limped back to my exhibit past thousands of roll cages, seat belts, and every type of race car on earth (PRI is 90% 4-wheel) I couldn't help but think of my 4 year old grandson and his future in motor-sports, I pondered for a moment about quarter midgets and go-carts... too bad he already knows better.

an interesting thing she pointed out is the deterioration of our upper cervical joints/vertebrae due to the nature of our sport, in other words... it does not require an injury to cause long term damage... images she shared reminded me of worn sprockets and clapped out shock bumpers. I left that room and limped back to my exhibit past thousands of roll cages, seat belts, and every type of race car on earth (PRI is 90% 4-wheel) I couldn't help but think of my 4 year old grandson and his future in motor-sports, I pondered for a moment about quarter midgets and go-carts... too bad he already knows better.
Interesting. I had a C6-C7 fusion earlier this year. I have wondered how much, if any, was due to mx. Either way, I'm still riding.

John250>>
My thoughts exactly. It is coming. Our sport is going to change.

I thought the very same thing when I heard about baseball this week.

And they are exhuming the KC player that killed his girlfriend and then shot himself. Reason? Too examine his brain for some type of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). That's the new disease that the NFL lost its lawsuit on.
Crazy stuff
Here is the link http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ayer-killed-girlfriend-exhumed-brain-research

It was just on the local news this morning that it was determined that Ryan Freel, from the Cincinnati Reds, that committed suicide suffered from CTE. All from too many concussions. Someone one day will be looking at Bubba or TP199's brain. Those two have both had a ton of concussions.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ide-chronic-traumatic-encephalopathy/4032887/

Eventually we will all be wearing some sort of devise like this around our neck to protect our heads more. We can laugh about it and the look of it now......but they already make an airbag riding gear for road racers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kZGTOLBvek

Found this on Vital :

Musquin Injured

Murrieta, CA – Red Bull KTM Factory rider Marvin Musquin suffered an unfortunate injury while practicing late last week at the KTM Supercross test track.

The Red Bull KTM rider sustained a torn ACL in what at first seemed to be a minor injury when he put his foot down in a turn. However, after consulting his doctor scans showed he had actually torn his ACL and he will undergo surgery in France later this week to have it repaired. The surgery will keep him from racing the start of the east coast Supercross 250 SX Series as he originally intended.

“This is an unfortunate injury, but we know Marvin will do the all steps necessary to recover as quickly as possible and come back when he is 100%,” commented Red Bull KTM Factory Team Manager Roger DeCoster.

Damn......that sucks. All these guys should stop practicing and just show up for the races, and maybe they could race the races!

Heck, JLaw has a shot at the title by the time the first race starts at this rate!!! Or maybe even John259/338 !!!!

Back