First Turns

It looked to me like he Got pushed into a tough block and jumped off it. I think in that case he shouldn't have been docked.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OND5tR_0fho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

The safest place for him to go was left. He avoided the tough block and didn't ping pong off 3 other bikes. Plus he tries to re enter the track at the soonest point. He could of muscled his way towards that white tough block, but he chose to enter between first and second whoop.

But maybe officials should step up to the plate and make something happen if they think there was a foul?

If there was a first right hand turn in AX, then the track wouldn't be running counterclockwise. Instead of Left, Left, Left, Right, Left Straight. It would be Right, right, Right, Left, Right, Straight.

The safest thing for him to do was get on the brakes lol I can't believe anyone would see that any differently. I am sure ams and their crew were "too busy and didn't see it" that is usually how it goes with them. It is over now I doubt he is gonna send his money he won back.

Did the two riders to his left also cut the track or did they go around the bale? Not that it matters.. it's still cheating and thus stealing money from the other riders. Ping ponging off other riders is part of racing. Yes it is the responsibility of the referee to "fix" the issue but it still does not make it right. There can be no doubt he improved his position. Maybe I should become a ref.... where do I apply?

Dirty as all dirty can get! He was mid pack on the start only to make a berm out of that tuff block. Should've got on the brakes like everyone else.

Did the two riders to his left also cut the track or did they go around the bale? Not that it matters.. it's still cheating and thus stealing money from the other riders. Ping ponging off other riders is part of racing. Yes it is the responsibility of the referee to "fix" the issue but it still does not make it right. There can be no doubt he improved his position. Maybe I should become a ref.... where do I apply?

he was the only one that cut, it is hard to tell in this footage but the hole straight where he re-enters is whoops. the riders that pass him had a better drive and were skimming the whoops where he skipped the first couple and then didn't have the momentum of the others.

it looked like Mike tried to do it again in the 250 main. when he went to cut there was two riders inside him, he looked over but there was no room. went into the first turn in last from trying his games... I would love to see his helmet cam of that one. I saw it in person then a friend of mine showed me his footage.

image.jpg

Lol if anyone can look at those screen shots I posted and say he gained no advantage then they are either in denial about what happened or stupid.

cry babies... everyone of ya.... what place you guys get Saturday???? they should rename this site crybabies.com cause everytime i sign on it is the same s**t. This thread was about first turn, right or left and everybodys crying about nothing... ON THE COUCH no less.

This is a discussion board. We are having a discussion about it. You are the one crying. Don't read it if you don't want to see it. That simple.

It was a AX race and for those if you busting Mike's ass you are dead wrong. That guy has done more on a bike than any of you cry whiners , respect the man for what he has done in the sport for all the years not what happened at a start of a AX race. Dam wait to the #23 gets out there and bang bars not that will give all you bench racers something to talk about. Bumping banging being aggressive is 100% part of the sport deal with it and stop crying . Great Job Mike f$%_+ what these guys say.

Your right Rob, our sport is so much better off just looking the other way. We should just talk about rainbows and sunshine and keep our head buried in the sand.
I personally don't care if he cut or not. Did not affect my wallet. I just made the observation from the video posted. Btw. I am reporting from my recliner. The couch takes too much strength to get out of.
Btw. Glen Helen, Colorado, Millville go right. And all Great starts.

sorry everyone. I couldn't stop I tried to beat sunny to the first turn and when I let off it was either launch the hay bail into the riders or break hard and go left.i tried to hold it on to long my bad. I almost hit plessinger going into the whoops and was a little outta control. I went back to fourth I didn't go to the lead either. Im sorry that It caused this post to go crazy I would have took a docked position or two or any penalty I was given. Because I went to Columbus arenacross to get a warmup and have fun and see my friends not to cut the track and cheat. Again sorry for getting everyone worked up.

Show the video to Joe Safreed............he will make the right call!
Speaking of... they just bought a summer home back in Sidney so he will be back in the area next spring. He would agree with me. Dock one lap for improving position
#23 don't assume the people posting are just bench racers. Some of us have posted more laps in more locations then you can name on a map. And always remember EVERYONE on here is passionate about our sport. And hell, if some dude in his living Room watching the PGA can call in a penalty stroke on Tiger Woods that ended up costing him big bucks because he broke the rules, then an old washed up fat ex-pro can point out when someone cuts the track. (Btw, not saying I would not have done the exact same thing) :p

Back