First Turns

sorry everyone. I couldn't stop I tried to beat sunny to the first turn and when I let off it was either launch the hay bail into the riders or break hard and go left.i tried to hold it on to long my bad. I almost hit plessinger going into the whoops and was a little outta control. I went back to fourth I didn't go to the lead either. Im sorry that It caused this post to go crazy I would have took a docked position or two or any penalty I was given. Because I went to Columbus arenacross to get a warmup and have fun and see my friends not to cut the track and cheat. Again sorry for getting everyone worked up.

Don't sweat it. People are getting the winter blues early around here. Good luck this winter.

Somebody should show a pic where he was on the gate. He had no where to go. If you were any further than 4 gates left of the box, You were going over the berm before the triple jump. He did nothing wrong. The man is FAST period. Clearly the fastest one on the property that evening.

I stand true to my statement that the outcome probably wouldnt have mattered even if he stayed on the track, was there anyone close to him at the finish.......? And yes this site is all about pissin and moanin about stuff that will never change. So might as well just go along with it. Your opinion is heard but nothing is going to be done about it. Same with anything else in society. IMO (so i dont have to listen to a bunch of ppl bit$$$$ at me)

I don't think anyone is worked up? It is just a observation that turns into a conversation. Big whoop.
Its always a good thing to see fast dudes from our area succeed on both a local and national level. But there is nothing wrong with calling it like it is. Mike sounds like a stand up guy and I'm sure he would not have had a problem with a penalty because he is a professional. Ironically, more people get "worked up" when someone points out a rules infraction... Go figure?
With it being mid December, this all but locks down the official PotStir award...
Id like to thank my sponsor's... The Grinch, Sarcasm Monthly, Jerry Springer, The knit hat factory, Hansen, McDade Publicists and District 11.

I don't think anyone is worked up? It is just a observation that turns into a conversation. Big whoop.
Its always a good thing to see fast dudes from our area succeed on both a local and national level. But there is nothing wrong with calling it like it is. Mike sounds like a stand up guy and I'm sure he would not have had a problem with a penalty because he is a professional. Ironically, more people get "worked up" when someone points out a rules infraction... Go figure?
With it being mid December, this all but locks down the official PotStir award...
Id like to thank my sponsor's... The Grinch, Sarcasm Monthly, Jerry Springer, The knit hat factory, Hansen, McDade Publicists and District 11.

I like your style, everyone is too serious these days bud.

Jeff Gibson almost passed him on the last lap. Granted a lapper slowed him down but never the less I don't think it is fair to say he would have won no matter where he started. Jeff doesn't get ran down from behind and passed very often I wouldn't think.

Mike the Ryan Dungey of privateers. Super nice, not mouthy and plays the cards he's dealt; including the penalty cards.

ck1: Most people that post on pitracer have riding experience, I doubt there is one of us on here that is a true bench racer. (Besides maybe myself through college) Some people on pitracer have an incredible amount of riding experience. But nobody will see that on a forum!

Well not that anything I say will matter but at the riders meeting they said if you get pushed or end up inside the Bayle at the first turn you "do not" have to stop and go back to re- enter where you went off. But you can not purposely go to the inside to advance your position. Obviously everyone was watching the start and if anyone had a problem with the situation they had time during the race and after the race to state their objection/protest. I was standing at the window when mike picked up his winnings. They had no one say anything at that point. Drake and a couple others were their and even joking with mike about buying dinner. I have learned after 50 years to never say never but, I myself have never seen Mike being anything but a stand up guy. Again just my two cents ( or less)

if you get pushed or end up inside the Bayle at the first turn you "do not" have to stop and go back to re- enter where you went off. But you can not purposely go to the inside to advance your position.

Well that puts a change on perspective.

Mike could start backwards with no front wheel and still lap every single one of you crying in this thread. Its easy for C-riders from the stands to call the fouls when you've never been in a similar situation yourselves. Your beating a dead horse, if anyone had a problem then they should have brought it up at the race, but no, like always you waited until you got home to your keyboards to open your mouths

Well I am not a C rider and I was not there but like you said, if a C riders knows the rules well enough to call a foul then they are more qualified then the "referee" that night.
And if anyone has EVER went to the first turn in ANY class then they have been in that situation. If his competitors did not have a problem with it, fine, but it still does not make it right.
Remember, this is not directed to Mike. It just so happens to be Mike. It could be any rider. AND. It does not matter if he could lap the field on a one ear donkey.

What if said donkey is well hung?

Well then, I guess its time for a brief physics lesson. If the one ear donkey is in fact "well hung", that would either add more wind resistance, or possibly more drag due to friction. In either case it would slow mike down, because of increased mass. Unless this donkey had a Pro Circuit motor, then you got more acceleration with increased mass means more velocity. Dismissed.

Well then, I guess its time for a brief physics lesson. If the one ear donkey is in fact "well hung", that would either add more wind resistance, or possibly more drag due to friction. In either case it would slow mike down, because of increased mass. Unless this donkey had a Pro Circuit motor, then you got more acceleration with increased mass means more velocity. Dismissed.

What he said!

But without the pro circuit engine there could still be an advantage. Lets postulate that said 'well hung' donkey were to become "aroused" the friction would then turn from potential energy to released energy propelling mike into the lead in milliseconds.

Lesson over

The well hung donkey has a lower center of gravity though, so it technically would definitely handle much better.

Back