2014 OMA Rule Book and Classes

In some weird parallel universe we think alike. I was just talking to Jason about rider weight instead of a minimum age. We were talking 65 and 85 classes, but I suppose it could apply to schoolboy, and maybe 250c too. It actually came up from a few kids that are big for their age wanting to race up a division on quads.

So essentially, in the scheme at hand we would establish a max age, because they need to fly the coop and move up at some point, except 250c and this doesn't apply to any age (vet type) classes, 25+, 30+, 40+ etc. then add a minimum weight instead of a min. age........I like it.....I like it A Lot.

Yea, I impress myself sometimes.....maybe in 10 years I'll build a similar facility to Malvern and Briarcliff......

In some weird parallel universe we think alike. I was just talking to Jason about rider weight instead of a minimum age. We were talking 65 and 85 classes, but I suppose it could apply to schoolboy, and maybe 250c too. It actually came up from a few kids that are big for their age wanting to race up a division on quads.

So essentially, in the scheme at hand we would establish a max age, because they need to fly the coop and move up at some point, except 250c and this doesn't apply to any age (vet type) classes, 25+, 30+, 40+ etc. then add a minimum weight instead of a min. age........I like it.....I like it A Lot.

I believe that this year at the ATV nationals kids can ride up a class at the referee's discretion base on ability to safely reach controls, control machine, etc. (15 year can ride a 450 which has a 16+ restriction)

Please set the minimum weight for +40 at 200lbs.

All i can picture is Rich Yox trying to sign up, and Connie is staring him down.....Connie- "Mr. Yox, Sir. You look to be a buck fifty." Yox - "Yeah but Im 200 lbs on the inside, wait a second i'll be right back" he comes walking back with a sumo suit on. "yep i'm ready now!"

We will have the polar opposite of the wrestling weigh-ins for high school, it will bring a new meaning to trying to make weight. Might be fun to watch.

Back