Oakland SX

That would be Alot to read at speed. $100,000 on the bike, $2,000,000 a year to the rider, tons of money on the team. And no one else thinks they spent $50 on an earpiece for the rider? 10 guys on the team all wearing headsets and I'm the only one that thinks they are talking to the rider?

I wouldn't want anyone jabbering in my ear when I'm trying to focus.....They probably put it on the pit board, Stewart=Quad.

I don't know what the big deal is, I jump "the Quad" at my place like 15 times per lap.

It didn't look like a game changer jump anyway.

JS7 was still faster, worked from 8th to 2nd gained time on RV. The quad was good for a second or so a lap they said. Too bad he really isnt a factor eh John259?

Either way a great race again! Cant wait for next week!

Did anyone else catch when Ralph was talking about Short in the semi? Said he was riding a Kawasaki! That dude needs to go! Lol!

And how often do we have to hear the crowd go crazy to only never find out why????

Last thought, In the replay of Andersons pass on the red cross flag......any one else notice the red cross flag then he singles through...as he does so you see a rider pushing his bike off the track between jumps. I thought " there is the downed rider, he is safe"..... sure enough he jumps the next set and then you see ANOTHER downed rider. How was he supposed to know there was another downed rider?

JS7 was still faster, worked from 8th to 2nd gained time on RV. The quad was good for a second or so a lap they said. Too bad he really isnt a factor eh John259?

Agreed. Stewy will get his, but not certain how many bad races RV is going to have from here on out.

And how often do we have to hear the crowd go crazy to only never find out why????

Agreed.

Last thought, In the replay of Andersons pass on the red cross flag......any one else notice the red cross flag then he singles through...as he does so you see a rider pushing his bike off the track between jumps. I thought " there is the downed rider, he is safe"..... sure enough he jumps the next set and then you see ANOTHER downed rider. How was he supposed to know there was another downed rider?

Thinking the rule is you have to single out the rest of the section with a red cross flag. Anderson said he now knows the rule, so there was something about what he did that he agreed was not by the rules. Anderson has always been fast, but now he is the faster of the bunch given others have left... Good rides for him.

Also, on the comment about RV knowing that Stewy was doing the quad. I am certain RV saw him hitting it since there was basically a 180 right after it and RV was about 3 seconds or so in front of Stewy. Very seriously doubt the champ would be stupid enough to take that chance...

Did anyone else think it was odd that RV knew about js jumping the "quad" right after the race? The mechanic had to say "here is your podium water, your rag to wip your face, and Stewey was jumping the quad thing after the start" Or, are he and other breaking the rules by wearing a communication device in the helmet????
I kinda think RV let the cat out of the bag...
Good race. Wish the whoops would have been bigger. Everyone was flying threw them.

That's like comparing Weston Peick to McGrath, you're an idiot!

Radios are too distracting, riders don't need to be thinking about other sections of the track when they're not at that location....pitboards give all the info needed....safely.

You said it. I was just thinking it. It's not like RV couldn't see JS7 doing the "quad" when RV was coming back in the section after...

Just watched the race again. Made me laugh the amount of times Emig, MC, and Ralphie mentioned the "quad". :) Did miss the mention of "shinanigans" though. ;) MC did OK his first time.

In reality, I really do not care who they have in the booth, but my all start group would be Emig, RC, and K-Dub. MC could come in when RC is playing AX. I do like that new girl on the floor. She's a keeper I am thinking.

Racing is just too good this year. Might end up the "Best SX Season" ever. Let's home things keep panning out. Glad for Reed. Glad he agrees with me on the best color of bike. ;) Just goes to show y'all...

I like the fox coverage. The slo motion suspension shots the overhead stuff. And it's on tv. Live.
I would watch it even if geogieporgy was calling the race! Jk relax. Geo and hard candy girls!

Radios are too distracting, riders don't need to be thinking about other sections of the track when they're not at that location....pitboards give all the info needed....safely.

Lol. Good one
I don't think he was looking back to watch Stewey. I'm just saying.. I still think they are talking to the riders. Not everyone but it would be very easy to have one channel that the rider can hear and another for team communications. It's all one big darn conspiracy.

I like the fox coverage. The slo motion suspension shots the overhead stuff. And it's on tv. Live.
I would watch it even if geogieporgy was calling the race! Jk relax. Geo and hard candy girls!

The coverage is great, but they always seem to show the slo-mo suspension shot right when the crowd goes wild about something! It's a weird feeling when your hearts racing and you're watching a slo-mo shot

Yep i get it.. Covering live sports has to be tough though. Trying to get everything without being boring.

Why is it we keep getting these Barcia life update segments? One week it was his flying then this week his training life at home.

Is no one else willing? lol

I was thinking about this effort to do it live, I know they have the event all timed but it must be hard to improvise when the times get messed up.

Race coverage recap-
Start of the race, Is Stewey going to jump the quad? Lets watch the Progressive reply of the start... Then show one lap of racing... Is someone going to jump the quad? Time for the Progressive pass of the race... one lap of racing... Quad? Progressive Rookie of the year... Half lap... Cut away just as someone does the quad, Progressive Slow mo, 15 times... Quarter lap of racing... Show some pushing a bike off the track. Time for the Progressive Slow mo of Stewey jumping the quad. Lap of coverage. Progressive pass of the race again, Finish....
Great coverage... :p I know they have to pay the bills and without all the sponsorships the races would not be on TV but why not wait until the race is over to show any of the 27 "Progressive insurance" replys?
Even though Ralph messes up a few times a race I still like him, He actually seems to like SX.
Has anyone seen any of the Arena races? Not sure what Network is even showing them?
Man, I wish they would bring back Speed and end all the talking head shows on Fox Sucks 1.
I would say all the Barcia coverage has a lot to do with the large amount of Honda money. He is all they got.

They swapped frames before the main. Apparently this is legal if the checked frame is damaged in such a way that it is unsafe to race the main, then there are rules to follow for switching a frame.

Rumors thus far:
Electrical problem. (From the quick tear down and rebuild into a new frame---)
Dirt/rock stuck in shifter.
Dirt/rock stuck in brake.
Dean stalled the bike.

Dean said mechanical on the podium, but then didn't elaborate.

I did not think you were ever allowed to swap frames. That's why they stamp the number on them.

Back