The decline of the AMA

Well, well, well... I hate to say I told you so.... Wait... No I don't... Heck yeah, I told you so.

The writing is on the wall, it has been for years. The AMA is all but dead, and I think we have found the killer with the gun still smoking in his hand.
Its a damn shame that someone (or small group of people) can take an organization that is full of members that deeply care about motorcycling and completely ruin it. Blindly sending your money to the AMA year after year with the "feeling" that the money will be used for the betterment of the sport / activity will only lead to more of the same. We as members (well, non active for myself) must put an end to this BS. Having the "executive committee" approve you before even being able to be put on the ballot sounds a lot like communism.
I don't care if the guy gets a large bonus, (I want one like that) we all want that. I am mad about the results and new rules basically keeping him in power. As a stock owner in the Ford motor company I get to vote on members of the executive committee and I only own .0000000000001% of the business. With less then 225K members, your percentage is MUCH higher and you get no voice.
Is the OMA now regretting their new bedfellows?
Bring on the CRA, CMA, NMA or any other acronym that gives the riders a choice.

If that article does not infuriate you, and make you want to do SOMETHING, then you can consider yourself a sheep.
Don't follow. Lead.

Oh, and by the way. The gate fee at vintage days will now be $100 per person... (Don't be surprised if that is true) Robbie needs a bigger bonus.

Does the OMA care about the betterment of the sport? You know it. We are focused on providing the best events possible, and that's what we are working on. I don't have time for tabloid drama. Cut the crap and go hit the treadmill.

The writing is on the wall, it has been for years. The AMA is all but dead,

People have been saying that since I became a member in '73. Please don't do
the math on that.

I don't care if the guy gets a large bonus,

I do. It's a non-profit except like many non-profits, it's run for the profit of
the guys at the top. That shouldn't be.

With less then 225K members, your percentage is MUCH higher and you get no voice.

That is not correct. You can vote for the board of directors. You can call your board
of directors. One of them I even raced against and he's a good guy, something I can't
say about all of them. Here's the contact info
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/about/board
No phone numbers there but use your google-foo and you'll find them.

I have to agree with what ck1racerx said. I still do. But I went to Switchback yesterday and talked to two people about what is happening with Obamacare and insurance in the future

Had a long workday (business owner) and I am on the iPhone. It looks like the AMA will be stepping up and offering Supplemental insurance for participants. Obamacare looks like it won't cover us in the near future. The only sports covered will be scholastic sports

Anyhow, if this is true, I guess I will have to like the AMA in the future. I did see in a statement that this very question was adressed at the GNCC/AMA union the other day. They will provide health coverage to participants ( at a cost, of couse)

If we don't have medical coverage when we ride through Obamacare, this sport will go away unless it can be purchased as a supplemental group rate policy.

Maybe this is why the AMA is coming back strong here in PA? I don't know, but I can speculate. PAMX is now AMA once again ( last year it was) and previously it was not AMA. Same for other tracks in Eastern Pa.

For what it is worth, places like Englishtown's Raceway Park make you buy an health insurance policy when you practice there on weekdays. If I remember, it was like $126 a year ( or something) 2 years ago.

I can support the AMA if what I speculate is true.

If they require supplemental policies I will be all over trying to get into that market. If and when a policy is available, I and licensed in Life and Health, and I will be marketing it at the tracks to riders, guaranteed. Problem with many supplemental policies is as soon as you sign up in a competitive event or a sanctioned track, most supplemental accident policies are really void and do not cover you. They obviously could change for sure, but the premium will not be cheap because of the likely hood of a claim obviously.

Really funny how people were saying a few years ago that being declined for sports like ours wouldnt happen with Obamacare. I laughed at them.

In a few more years if he has his dream we will have insurance like England and Canada. You wont be covered for anything like this without paying out the ass for it.

Really funny how people were saying a few years ago that being declined for sports like ours wouldnt happen with Obamacare. I laughed at them.

In a few more years if he has his dream we will have insurance like England and Canada. You wont be covered for anything like this without paying out the ass for it.

It already happens. I pay over twice as much for my life insurance because I was honest, and completed all the questionnaire on my racing. Figured I wanted to make sure I was covered 100% if anything happened on the race track.

[ I don't have time for tabloid drama. Cut the crap and go hit the treadmill.[/QUOTE]

Its not tabloid, its the truth.
And its not a treadmill, its Les Mills Combat and its kicking my butt. Sure, I feel like a fairy punching the air and jumping around in my living room, but if it works then its all good.

Im not going to comment on the insurance since that is the ONE topic I know nothing about (Just don't have room in my head for all that F'ed up crap)

Ok, what do I have to do to run for a board of directors position with the AMA. Put a butthole like me in that position and you can bet you will see big changes.

With 5 minuets of searching for this Dingman guy I found that not only does he hold that position with the AMA but he also holds the same position with the FIM. And here is the big one.. Holds the same position with Feld Entertainment.... Really? Dude is drinking from all three water fountains and NO ONE has a problem with that?

Maybe a background check and having a second and third job is just not that important to the AMA.

Do the words "conflict of interest" mean anything to you guys?

When I have time, I think I will do some more digging on Dingman... This could be fun. Or maybe I am playing with fire. With all those connections I may be swimming with the fishes soon... if you know what I mean...

Do the words "conflict of interest" mean anything to you guys?

When I have time, I think I will do some more digging on Dingman... This could be fun. Or maybe I am playing with fire. With all those connections I may be swimming with the fishes soon... if you know what I mean...

I see a serious conflict of interest holding positions in all three organizations. That surprises me.

You could be in the bottom of Eastwood Lake with Jimmy Hoffa someday (yeah, don't tell Geraldo that's where Hoffa is)

And its not a treadmill, its Les Mills Combat and its kicking my butt. Sure, I feel like a fairy punching the air and jumping around in my living room, but if it works then its all good.

The question is, what do you look like when fairy punching?

The question is, what do you look like when fairy punching?

image.jpg

Oh it looks much worst then that... As a fat, white man, it feels like dancing and dancing is not real high on my proud list of abilities. I make sure the blinds are closed up tight and that the family is fast asleep before I begin. Yes, it is a tough workout, but if you were walking the dog and strolled by my house at 11pm would see the silhouette of a large man doing what has to look like Richard Simmons "Sweating to the oldies". It is supposed to be kickboxing and "MMA" style training but it feels like I should have a sequence shirt on while doing it.
After 30 minuets I am soaked in sweat and smell like ass and shame. But if it gets me back in racing shape, then it will all be worth it.
Until then, I hope Bruce the neighbor does not get any funny ideas.
270lbs and dropping.

So the more I look into this guy and the organization the more I smell something fishy... Kind of an old article but a pretty good read.
http://www.asaecenter.org/Resources/ANowDetail.cfm?ItemNumber=40765
A shakeup in an organization can be a good thing and I am a big fan of making changes for the sake of improvement. But some of these moves don't make sense.. The reason given behind selling Pro racing was not only they were they losing big money, but it was in their own words "a conflict of interest". The organization was representing riders, promoting the event and backing the sponsors??? So if it is a conflict of interest at a pro level, why is it not an amateur level?
In this article he responds to the "culture of fear" statement from employees as "nonsense". In other words... The beatings will continue until moral improves.
Clearly the job cuts where a direct response to their support or lack their of. How many of the 30 or so people let go, actually supported the Ding man and how many where against his hiring? Sure if they is sabotage just to see him fail, then by all means, get rid of them. But that is a large title to give one person, let alone several people. Maybe he is that good of a leader and can quickly identify EVERY staff members abilities and determine they are the right fit of EVERY position.
Everyday companies and organizations are forced to restructure. I myself have been on both ends. I have been cut when profits fell, and I have also had to set on the other side of the table and tell someone their life is changing like it or not. Both sides of that table hurt but usually required. Just amazing he can ID the bad egg that quickly.
Maybe the AMA just need to support the riders and that's it.
I was a proud member before I started reading all this info... now, not so much.

Man, I have to start proof reading my post before I hit reply.. tons of typo's... Anyway, yous get my poilnts :eek:

Man these threads bore me. Don't you ladies have anything better to do??

I couldnt read it. Ha ha.

At least in the vet forum pictures usually apear!!
Ha aha

No matter what the thread it ends up the same place every time.

Back