The decline of the AMA

Man these threads bore me. Don't you ladies have anything better to do??

Sorry Scoob, we, or I, will try to do better. Must have topics that really make you use your brain like "music that reminds you of moto" that was a great one... Oh, I got it... I will start a new one... "What's your favorite color?" That will really get the juices flowing... :eek:

Sorry Scoob, we, or I, will try to do better. Must have topics that really make you use your brain like "music that reminds you of moto" that was a great one... Oh, I got it... I will start a new one... "What's your favorite color?" That will really get the juices flowing... :eek:

I find this one particularly interesting.....

Anything in here is still better than vital. Just imagine 12,000 "hershey" users with his marijuanna like stance on every topic. . .

You think out neck brace thread was bad.....aye yi yi. Not even.

Back on topic. You think it is the economy? Or that there are so many other organizations popping up.
Maybe folks are not signing up unless they are racers.. Tour bike say screw it?

Back on topic. You think it is the economy? Or that there are so many other organizations popping up.
Maybe folks are not signing up unless they are racers.. Tour bike say screw it?

In PA, all the organizations are affiliated with the AMA now. All but the MastersMX series, but we don't run minibikes, schoolboy classes, and 50's unless the track owner wants to run them. I think the AMA will soon be the way to go-because they will offer insurance. Insurance is going to be mandatory. And there are lots of young guys without it, you know it and I know it.

The NESC in New England has made you show a current insurance card since 1986 when I raced there as a local and even the last time I ran there in 2005 it didn't change.

I think I am rethinking my stance on the AMA, not because they care about dirt bikes, but it will be the only way the sport survives on the local level because of the new healthcare insurance regulations.

Showing a insurance card.....someone will say that violates their civil rights unless they are seeking medical treatment. I can see the lawsuits now.

Insurance is going to be mandatory. And there are lots of young guys without it, you know it and I know it.
healthcare.gov

You're covered! If young people won't sign up for it that's their problem...I haven't signed up because I have insurance through my employer. Although if that ever gets pulled, which probably will be the case in a few years I think, then ill be forced to sign up...

Since Mr Obama said you can't be denied health care, I'll wait and until I'm in the air and have the flight nurse sign me up with my iPhone on the way to the hospital.

Back