San Diego SX Round 6

Too bad about Reed . Didn't Dungey keep racing with a broken collar bone a couple years back ( Yes , I realize there can be varying degrees of an injury ) ? This was the most mature race I've ever seen by JS7 after all these years .

And on the subject of Dungey ; I've seen all the top riders make passes as aggressive as RD ( or more so ) . Barcia probably did more in one moto coming up than RD has done this season so far . BamBam was considered a fair haired wonder and now Dungey is an a$$4o!e ? Everybody ( including me ) was on his case when he would follow for 2 -3 laps to make a pass while RV , Stewart , etc. would blast by somehow in a couple of turns . What a fickle bunch we are .

Great to see Short and Wey getting racy again . Pieck deserves a ride . Could you imagine him on a JGR Yam ? Sure was a rocket for Nicoletti .

Loved the win by Hill . Wilson is cursed .

Great season so far !

Fell asleep and missed 250s. Woke up and backed it up a bit, and watched the 450s. Hated to see Reed go down in last lap. You could tell he was hoping to blitz those whoops and get on the podium. Don't count Roczen out back east. I think he may love the dirt back east also. By far the best foreign SX rider from Europe. Bubba....well, Bubbas Bubba. He got a win, so now watch out, about time for him to bow out of the rest of the series.

Weston Pieck........COME ON JGR! Give this guy a ride! With their resources, he would put himself of the box. Tomac was 5th, Bam Bam 6th, and they really never mentioned Weston Pieck. Then at the end he is 5th?? So he came up and passed two factory Honda riders to get 5th place. That is impressive. With some open rides coming up after this year, if he continues to do well, and rides solid outdoors, he will get a ride on a satellite team.

weston deserves moss's spot. keep him on a suz, he works well with it.

nobody spotted anything different on villos bike? c'mon!

all green plastic. Looks so much better with a green fender and # plates.
Why was Tomac's bike all white? looked stupid

Fell asleep and missed 250s. Woke up and backed it up a bit, and watched the 450s. Hated to see Reed go down in last lap. You could tell he was hoping to blitz those whoops and get on the podium. Don't count Roczen out back east. I think he may love the dirt back east also. By far the best foreign SX rider from Europe. Bubba....well, Bubbas Bubba. He got a win, so now watch out, about time for him to bow out of the rest of the series.

Weston Pieck........COME ON JGR! Give this guy a ride! With their resources, he would put himself of the box. Tomac was 5th, Bam Bam 6th, and they really never mentioned Weston Pieck. Then at the end he is 5th?? So he came up and passed two factory Honda riders to get 5th place. That is impressive. With some open rides coming up after this year, if he continues to do well, and rides solid outdoors, he will get a ride on a satellite team.

Peick has support through motosport. They have a nice rig and his bikes are working great, he has no plans on changing anything this year as everything is workig very well for him. If you want to help him out buy his WP40 shirt.

green rear fender and side panels.. its usually white back there..

at one point alessi and tomac were close and theyre bikes looked similar. also seen a few other white or black bikes..

good racing again.

i bet reeds got multiple issues. collar bone and maybe hand/wrist.

scoob, mr kawasaki. what was different on the #1 bike tonight? did you notice?

green rear fender and side panels.. its usually white back there..

White Rear end is just a 2013/2014 thing. I like it all green myself, although I didn't notice. Good catch!

Bubba....well, Bubbas Bubba. He got a win, so now watch out, about time for him to bow out of the rest of the series.

You is a funny bird John. Bubba's gonna be even better east coast. The San Diego dirt was more to their liking. I have to think though, if RV had gotten past, I'm not 100% certain JS7 coulda gotten past him either.

Tough, tough racing this year! I am loving it. I look so forward to Saturday now. Soooo hate Reed's get off. Kenny IS a class act. Did you see him go over to Reed and give a pat or two on the back/head. Not his fault, although he felt responsible. If you actually wanted to place blame, it would have to onto Reed for presuring Kenny into a mistake! ;) Just a bummer racing incident. I was just glad to see him out of the hosipital with nothing more than a sling on. Kinda worried about the extent of the injury (collar bone, wrist, concussion, etc., etc.), but hopeful he'll be able to get back out there soon. Hoping there will be no lasting effects on his drive due to the fact it wasn't due to himself pushing too hard like may have been the case in Dallas a couple years back...

We shall wait and see!! Go geen!...well, yellow, orange, etc., etc. :)

Not that it is on the lappers, but wish these guys would just move over and hold a line. When you see a group like CR KR and RD getting close to lappers that are racing for position it always seems to get dicey! Always like it when they make it thru the bigger groups earlier in the moto.
Reedy was making that pass if KR94 didn't have to change his line. Not his fault. Just one of those things. Front tire on rear tire never good results.
We talk about maturity, I think RV is showing championship maturity. He maintains and doesn't seem to ride as ragged as he sometimes has when he realized he didn't have much for JS7.
I'm just loving this season so far!
Even the 250 class is exciting again. Bummer for 15. What happened to Durham? Didn't see him there this week or last? Both classes are deep with contenders so far. I hope the East Coast keeps up!
Braaaap on!

Cr 22,
3 broken bones :/
Scapula, collarbone , T1

Wow, that sucks! He is out for the rest of the series.

RVs bike was all green for the military thing. Tomacs bike was White with grey and white camo graphics on it for the military thing. Next week, I am sure they will be back to normal.

The racing will be good coming back East. I just don't look for the 250 class to be as good as the West. Think I heard Little Bubba is riding a 450 back East.

What's happened to Ivan Tedesco the last couple rounds? has he been riding Millsaps bike still?

Real bummer for Reed. I wonder if the wins he had this yeaar will give him incentive to return next year? I hope so, but don't blame him if he steps back a little. We get a lot more fragile as we get older.

Congrats to the Stewart brothers! JS7 looked the best he has looked all year.

Not that it is on the lappers, but wish these guys would just move over and hold a line. When you see a group like CR KR and RD getting close to lappers that are racing for position it always seems to get dicey!
I agree, in SX, the lappers make things sketchy.

According to Reed he is going to be on the gate this weekend. Whether he pulls it off or not, or if its a smart idea or not, IDK... but gotta give it to him for the positive attitude. I hope he can make it happen.

ad2niS.jpg

Chad's update
http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2014/02/09/chad-reed-injury-updates-crash-at-san-diego-supercross/
Photo by: Hoppenworld

Chad Reed went down hard on the last lap of the 2014 San Diego SX while running 4th and trying to pass Ken Roczen for 3rd. Early word was that Reed is okay, but was spitting up blood. He was transported by ambulance to the local hospital from the race for more observation and spent Saturday night there. While in the hospital, Chad was told he has three broken bones: collarbone, scapula and T1 vertebrae. Chad and his wife, Ellie, later posted on Instagram and Twitter that next weekend’s Dallas SX is surprisingly still in the plans for the Discount Tire Racing riding.

Hopefully, the tough Australian is okay and is able to suit up next weekend in Dallas, but it seems like a gnarly decision to make. With the crash, and his 12th place finish, the #22 is still 3rd in the 450SX Championship. You can watch video of Reed’s San Diego SX crash by clicking here>>>

Chad Reed’s Instagram Post

“So not the news I wanted 3 broken bones 1) scapula 2) collarbone 3) T1 Explains the pain I guess.. Sometimes things don’t make sense it’s that love hate relationship you have with racing But every Saturday night they drop the gate. In 6 days I plan to be there! Thanks for all the preyers hope to make y’all proud 22 supporters”

Ellie Reed’s Instagram Post

“3 broken bones. Scapula , collarbone & T1. @crtwotwo has a pain threshold that exceeds any normal rate but Who knows how the weekend will be. Racing at this level is tough on a healthy body. Unfortunately this is something he has experienced multiple times in his career. It’s far from pretty and watching ur husband cry in pain is something I don’t advise. But his heart would hurt worse by quitting. The kids and I will meet him in Dallas on Friday and we aim to stay in this fight. Our path is never the easy one but we will never give up. #22 #therapyweek #nevergiveup

Back