San Diego SX Round 6

Reed is one tough cookie if he can make it work sat and get some points. As for Peick, why in the world won't Kawi give him Weimer's Ride. His results have not been to hot this year and now he is out with an injury.

Reed is one tough cookie if he can make it work sat and get some points. As for Peick, why in the world won't Kawi give him Weimer's Ride. His results have not been to hot this year and now he is out with an injury.

That's for sure! All of it, but mostly Reed! That's gnarly!

I don't buy that these guys are reserving from going fast for sake of the championship. Being smart about the decisions you make and the risks you take is one thing, but riding reserved...I don't think so. These guys have to go fast to win. If any one of them decide to back-off a touch, then they will get eaten up. These men are pushing hard...but thinking about the end result rather than the immediate result.

RV2 looks more accurate on the bike than Stewart. RV2 has better form. Stewart just rides how he knows to. Stewart is less stable on the bike...but super fast.

P.S. A new "Insider" entry is posted.

I mean I assumed that, but if a lapper finishes the race, how do they finish behind someone who did not cross a checkered flag?

Crute......that is a vaild point. I guess in Supercross they are scored where they last crossed the finish line. In outdoor MX I believe a DNF is scored 40th place. So if three guys all DNF, they all get 40th place points. I know that is how it is in the SW Ohio Series on the local level.

I disagree on everything you've said except that Stewy is super fast.
Can't remember what...but a couple years back, I watched or read something that had some very notable retired rider breaking down the top riders riding styles. I think it was MC and Emig...I could be wrong. But they determined RV's technique on the bike would open up doors for him to be fastest on a bike. His feet are always pointed inward and he hardly puts his foot out in turns, his hips are unlocked and he rides centered on the bike. Stewart's toes always point out.

I noticed this watching this race...RV appears more "in control" than Stewart when they are both in the zone. This theory has weight to it comparing their crash percentages. Stewart looks like raw riding style where RV has better technique.

I can't imagine him lining up and making the main with those fractures.

I hope all goes well, but if he takes another hard-digger, your talking possible life-long injuries for a trophy and $100,000 check. Sounds smarter to save the "millions" out of his pocket and chalk it up as a loss till he is a 100%. Its round 7, not round 15.

idk about the other bones but that collarbone cant be screwed back together no problem. i'm sure the decision to ride isnt coming without speaking with a dr first.

he knows he doesnt have much time left and many (if any) opportunities at a championship. i cant imagine how difficult it will be, but bad ass if he is successful. just going out and getting a top 10 could keep him alive in the championship hunt, a couple of missed rounds will knock him out for sure.

If he could race and get top ten points there is a good chance the other contenders are going to DNF a round. That's got to be what hes planning on. Maybe the breaks are fractures, but when I broke my collarbone in three places just feeling it move and hit together was enough to not want to walk around. I hope he can stay in it, this has been the best season I can remember.

If he could race and get top ten points there is a good chance the other contenders are going to DNF a round. That's got to be what hes planning on. Maybe the breaks are fractures, but when I broke my collarbone in three places just feeling it move and hit together was enough to not want to walk around. I hope he can stay in it, this has been the best season I can remember.

yeah talked about this with someone at work today. no way the collar can be a clean break through. I've broke mine 4 times so i consider myself to be somewhat of an expert on the subject lol...

The 1 time I had surgery..plate and 6 screws.. I felt 100% in about 3 days.. rode in 2 with no pain (just playing around tho, not a SX!!) The other 3 times though. it was 3 weeks before I could even really lift my arm! If its broke all the way through there's NO WAY he could do it, one wrong move and the thing could come poking out of his skin. Those things just kinda float in there when they are broke. (which is why they give you such a stupid brace to wear when its broke all the way thru)

T1 is a spine injury right? How serious is that... The collarbone was the last of my worries, but I havent had an injured one either. I have heard horror stories about em though.

X2, on best season. Its been great so far. I cant wait for outdoors!

T1 is a spine injury right? How serious is that?

It depends...I would think if it was a serious break than racing would be a no go...but each of or most of your vertebrae have what I believe is called spinoid processes...which when fractured or broken is no threat to spinal injury. Correct me if I am wrong...but that's my guess.

Back