Rekluse Clutch.

John250

PR Founding Father
Anyone ride with one of these? Sounds interesting. Do you like it if you do use one? I guess looking at it, what would be the down side to it, and why would more pros not be using it?

Not sure of what the downside would be. I am surprised a lot more pros are not using it. Kind of pricy at $899, but that's nothing to a pro. Maybe a lot of pros have it in their bikes from the factories, it just does not have Rekluse on it.

I have the Core EXP on my 13 KX450 wouldn't ride without again. I still find myself using the clutch, I don't know why. You can pull 3rd gear hole shots without pulling the clutch in. The only thing you give up is the ability to bump start. More pros are using them but because of existing and mfg contracts you don't see the Rekluse covers. They are remachining covers to look like stock and other clutch mfg covers. With all of the crashing that happens why don't any bikes seam to stall anymore? As hard as JS7 and RV2 go down how often do you see them stall?

Yep, have the core exp on my KTM XC300 and it's been a great addition. Went trail riding in Colorado last year and I was SO glad to have it! Made steep/rocky downhills a piece of cake as I never needed to worry about the clutch and could just concentrate on the brakes and throttle.

I can still bump start mine if necessary...with the hydraulic clutch on the KTM the Rekluse kit includes an adjustment screw that when adjusted all the way in will allow the bike to bump start as usual.

If you look around they can be found for less than full retail...got mine for 700.00 and have since seen them for less.

flag+mountain.jpg

Kind of pricy at $899

Only downside. If you get one, you'll never buy a bike without it. Last 450 I rode a buddy of mine had one installed. First lap I about blew the berm, but after I got used to it I really, really, liked it. I was almost confused and was thinking I liked the CRF450. 'Twas sneaky...

Get one John. Next bike I get, if from a dealer, it will be the deal...

Go with the Core EXP because you don't want to give up your stock clutch feel. Also you can adjust the motor brake so you get the 2-stroke feel while entering turns. It's very easy to install. Watch the video on their site while installing it. If you have trouble call them and they'll talk you through it. (I called on a race weekend and got help with an adjustment) I did find you get best results running Rotella 15w40. I tried Honda and Yamaha 10w40, but had some chatter. Also if the Revloc was as good at 1/2 the price people wouldn't be asking about or buying Rekluse. And if you look around they are popping up everywhere. I wonder if they will be sending me a check for this post?

Im getting one for my yz250f soon as tax monies come in. I stall this thing constantly. Cant wait to try it out on the trails.

I have a z-Start Pro on my 450.. got it for $250 used. Best mod ever. Clutch still feels and works like normal when you're riding with this one but at idle there's no pressure on the clutch lever. I could almost take the lever off my bike.. I never touch it now.

1 less thing to worry about when riding is all good in my book.

And yes it makes trail riding much better as well. Have to bump my idle up a bit when we hit the trails but it still works great.

EXP for a RMZ 450 for sale.... $50.00 Used very little.

I would like to know that the SX bikes have in them. The guys just pick them up after a crash without a care.

EXP for a RMZ 450 for sale.... $50.00 Used very little.

I would like to know that the SX bikes have in them. The guys just pick them up after a crash without a care.

When we were walking through the pits in Indy last year I noticed a ton of rekluse clutch covers. No reason to not run one unless you really don't like it. The benefits are there. Still have normal clutch function + pretty hard to stall if things go bad.

That being said I still run a stock Honda cover on mine.

I never got along with it.
I only have the EXP, I didn't get the whole new basket setup.

I'll gladly give it another try if someone has one that is set up properly.

Back