Rekluse Clutch.

....and that's the feeling you won't like once you spend some time with it. Coming down from speed it would feel like normal bike (engine braking). But I swear that as you slow WAY down, there are times that it feels like it's engaged and then all of sudden it's not. Mostly from fast-to slow then into some braking bumps, then fast again it felt inconsistent.

Mine disengages at what feels like the same RPM every time. Have never had any inconsistency to it.

Mine disengages at what feels like the same RPM every time. Have never had any inconsistency to it.
I think you mistook my saying the inconsistency comes from WHEN or at what RPM the clutch engages and disengages.
The inconsistency I'm referring too is the amount of back drag (engine braking) I can expect when bombing into a corner.
At high speed it all feels the same, but when slowing, most times it's all there....and then some times it's not.
That's what I didn't like.

For the record (I only have the EXP) .... and installed it myself. And then took it back out.
I will gladly try one that's been tuned by an expert.

I was just reading the directions rekluse provided. It has a trouble shooting/setup guide for the back drag and all that. It also has the chart for what springs to use, 3 different colors. Im gona use all medium first and then go from there. Anyone try setting it up differently?

I think you mistook my saying the inconsistency comes from WHEN or at what RPM the clutch engages and disengages.
The inconsistency I'm referring too is the amount of back drag (engine braking) I can expect when bombing into a corner.
At high speed it all feels the same, but when slowing, most times it's all there....and then some times it's not.
That's what I didn't like.

For the record (I only have the EXP) .... and installed it myself. And then took it back out.
I will gladly try one that's been tuned by an expert.

When it's not there (engine braking) that would mean the clutch is disengaged/disengaging.. At high RPM, clutch spinning fast, clutch is engaged. As you slow down, clutch slows down, clutch disengages. I think if you wanted it to stay engaged longer you needed to switch to different springs & turn your idle up. Don't quote me though, I installed mine ~3 years ago and haven't touched it since the initial tuning.

No need for an expert; just read the manual

http://rekluse.com/NPDLC/1XX-XXX/19...91-7706A_Rekluse_CoreEXP_3.0_Manual_Cable.pdf

"Adjusting the engine idle speed to match your engagement setting is important and greatly affects the overall feel of how the EXP disk engages. To prevent freewheeling and maximize engine braking, set the idle so there is a slight amount of drag while the bike is idling in gear and warmed up. The idle should not be so high as to move the bike forward in gear with the throttle closed. However, wit h a small opening of the throttle the bike should move forward."

It took me and the few friends I've convinced to get one a month or so to really get used to it.

Back