Rekluse Clutch.

I have the EXP Core on my CRF450R that I use only for MX, and just an EXP 2.0 in my CR250R I use for trail riding. The Core version is not cheap, but allows you to run the stock number of clutch plates so you have maximum friction and no slipping for bikes making a lot of power. The EXP 2.0 works well for my trail bike. It is a life saver on the triple black trails. My buddies all have electric start and I would be at some crazy angle hanging off the bike up a huge hill trying to get my bike started. I was flat wore out sometimes while my buddies just hit the start button and keep going. The Rekluse was the great equalizer for me. Saved me a lot of energy not stalling the bike in a really tough spot. Made it a lot more fun for me on those wicked trails.

Thanks,

Michael

http://www.cyclenews.com/647/22961/Racing-Article/Rekluse-Clutches-Invade-Supercross.aspx

Here is the question. Should they be legal in SX / MX or should everyone be on the same playing field? Traction control is not allowed in NASCAR, I am comparing it to something like that.

But it is nothing like traction control so it can't really be compared to that. It can either be banned our allowed.. but as of now they are allowed and anyone can use one if they want to. The only real edge I see in SX/MX is reducing the chance of your bike. They keep saying in that video "its impossible to stall!!" which is very far from the truth in my experience. Come into a corner a gear to high and get on the gas too hard and it reacts just like you think it would.. Maybe they got better with the newer versions but between my zStart Pro and my friends Core EXP I've still seen them stall.

Is electric start outlawed in SX/MX? How about Kaw's "launch control".

neither electric start or launch control is outlawed in sx. traction control banned, but all the factory bikes have it, the wheel speed sensors are not allowed. but who needs a wheel speed sensor when you have things like gear position, rpm, throttle opening, etc. all those sensors already on the bike can be used to make traction control and they are being used by the teams that have the know how to do so.

come to earlywine this weekend and ride mine

Hahahahah....Tom talked about any of us riding indoors! Oh sorry was that serious?

Back on topic. I rode a bike with one and I just couldn't deal with it. I'm a finger on the clutch guy though and the goofy lever feel was just unnerving to me.
That said, I plan to use a Rekcluse in either the 2016 or 2017 season, but it will be with a hydraulic clutch and I will spend a bunch of time setting it up and getting used to it (yes I plan my racing that far ahead).

Must be planning on buying a KTM. Heck by 2016......KTM might offer it stock on their bikes!

Hahahahah....Tom talked about any of us riding indoors! Oh sorry was that serious?

Back on topic. I rode a bike with one and I just couldn't deal with it. I'm a finger on the clutch guy though and the goofy lever feel was just unnerving to me.
That said, I plan to use a Rekcluse in either the 2016 or 2017 season, but it will be with a hydraulic clutch and I will spend a bunch of time setting it up and getting used to it (yes I plan my racing that far ahead).

It's a change but as with anything else you can adapt and get used to it. Took a few hours on the track but now I don't even notice it and hardly ever reach for the clutch. Kind of a bad thing when it comes to riding friend's bikes..

But again my zstart pro has the no clutch lever at idle thing. The newer versions retain the stock clutch lever 'feel' 100%

I rode a 10 or 11 YZ250 that had one. Loved it. Felt like a normal clutch to me, I didnt have to get used to anything. You couldnt stall that bike if you had to. Sitting at an idle you could shift it into gear without pulling in the lever and just ride off.

The style that I have makes the lever have play in it. They even give a rubber band to use as an adjustment tool.

The style that I have makes the lever have play in it. They even give a rubber band to use as an adjustment tool.

That reminds me...the biggest complaint I have on my EXP core Rekluse it that the big orange rubber band adjusting tool broke! Geez! :)

Back when I had a 2006 YZ450F I had the Z pro model and it helped the stalling situation, but I never adjusted to the way it was inconsistent feeling when braking into a corner. Sometimes it would have the engine braking effect and other times it would have that free wheel kinda feel. My EXP core is installed on a KTM with a hydraulic clutch and I can't think of anything bad to say about it!

I didn't like the feel going into turns as well.
Is it because I only did the EXP and not the whole "core" thing?

That was some good reading. I am going to give one a try. If someone has one they want to get rid of I may consider that.
Otherwise i like new.

I may put it in the 525 or the 12 Dunge to play for a while.

Ive had one sittin on my work bench for 2 weeks now. Havent got motivated to put it in with this weather. Got a great deal from a local shop in medina called Advanced Powersports.

DD
Call Rekluse, they'll be glad to answer all your questions. I've had mine for a year now and I have no idea why someone wouldn't want one. Core EXP 3.0 is the only way to go. You can control the amount of motor brake or leave the stock feel.

Thanks, i should have put it in last fall so I could have practiced on it and dialed it in.
Oh well, ready....shoot....aim! I only stall when I try to step it up and go to the next gear in corners.
Maaybe this will get me back there.

Back