Just Curious

100% Agree. It has always been part of racing... That's why we have a name for it... T-Bone... Would you pay a fine if you did the same move at Bob's local track? This is like stealing signs in football or baseball. Its an unwritten rule that you don't break and if you do, you can bet on retaliation. Yes, I know this is a lot more dangerous but if you set a precedence, where do you draw the line?

Draw the line? You don't, I'd let them duke it out after the race....its ratings gold. Supercross covets the Nascar's success. You need conflict, that's what feeds competition. We need a Bob Hannah. Alessi would be the perfect heel (wrestling term), bad guy, whatever. He had his chance. He could have said, "well he had it coming". But NO! "it was an unfortunate incident" or whatever.........BOO. Now lets not go full on WWE with storylines and scripted crap, but I think we need to let these guys get a little bit aggressive.

Look at all the press its gotten. Tons of talk about it.

I'm curious why didn't angry Dungey get fined then? And why no huge Pissing and moaning threads all over the Internet about his take out of RV??? He cold c**k cleaned him out in the last turn with NO CHANCE IN HELL of making a pass. They both went down and RV certainly could have been injured!

Because he is a top rider and Alessi isn't and has a bad history in people's eyes.

100% Agree. It has always been part of racing... That's why we have a name for it... T-Bone... Would you pay a fine if you did the same move at Bob's local track? This is like stealing signs in football or baseball. Its an unwritten rule that you don't break and if you do, you can bet on retaliation. Yes, I know this is a lot more dangerous but if you set a precedence, where do you draw the line?

Fined? no. For a move like that would the other racer been missing a few teeth after the race, yes!

Since assault is against the law, talking about how he should have gotten beat up is stupid. Just throw away your pro license and possibly get a law suit or get arrested because you physically attacked someone after a race. Super smart guys, super smart. Alessi should just get banned, or at least reduced a couple spots.

If you purposely run into someone with your car, it could be assault or attempted murder. Just saying.. for the sake of argument.

What if a baseball player turned around and hit the catcher with a baseball bat. That's assault with a deadly weapon.

Dirt bikes can be used as weapons, specially with pros who can toss them around like its nothing. Alessi used his bike as a weapon while purposely taking out tickle.

And getting hit in the head with a baseball is not assault? Alessi should NOT have gotten banned, fined or anything. Its part of racing. Don't like it? Get up and do the same to him.

Since everyone ignored my post I ask again. How is what RD did to RV any different ???

It isn't and nobody is bitching about him.......

Since everyone ignored my post I ask again. How is what RD did to RV any different ???

It isn't and nobody is bitching about him.......

Good point! I guess the only difference in my eyes is that Alessi's move was direct retaliation for a pass that just occurred, where Dungey tried to make a last second pass. All in all the same move, but maybe the motive slightly different??

I would like to have seen how Tickle would have finished that night if it were not for the take out as he was hauling on the night.

This guy makes a pretty good argument in Mikes favor. It does look like he was on the brakes twice, and you see the front end start to wash twice, and he lets off to keep from washing it out. Watch the super slow mo.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tK44pVNGyIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good point! I guess the only difference in my eyes is that Alessi's move was direct retaliation for a pass that just occurred, where Dungey tried to make a last second pass. All in all the same move, but maybe the motive slightly different??

I would like to have seen how Tickle would have finished that night if it were not for the take out as he was hauling on the night.

Yeah, dungey had a chance to survive and pull off his aggressive pass. Alessi looked like he knew he was screwed so he just said eff it.

This guy makes a pretty good argument in Mikes favor. It does look like he was on the brakes twice, and you see the front end start to wash twice, and he lets off to keep from washing it out. Watch the super slow mo.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tK44pVNGyIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HES INNOCENT!!!

at least i think he is. he never shined no laser pointer at me

AMA fined mike 4k and season long probation , hmmm real heavy , bet he is huddled up with some Kleenex !

same way I initially felt but there has to be some sort of medium among these riders, say they fine Alessi 10k. Sounds good and looks good on paper, but slap that fine on a privateer rider (after making the same mistake) who pits out of the back of a ford ranger, you can cut someones season short real fast.

I think Mikes intentions were to screw the guy that just took him out of qualifying position, If he was out so was Tickle. Dungey's move was at the finish line going for a position, Alessi had no intentions of finishing.

There is no way Dungey could have came out of his pass attempt without them both being on the ground. No way. No worse than Alessi. Not as direct of a T bone but still no way it was going to end up good.

My point being there are many haters on Alessi and none on Dungey. Mike gets the fine and Dungey walks away clean.

And who decides WHEN a takeout pass attempt is ok and isnt? So what you guys are saying is if Alessi had pulled that same pass at the finish line it would be ok? Lmao....

I saw Dungey's pass as he wasn't aggressive enough to make it work. I saw Mikes aggressive move as he had no intentions of passing. That's all I'm saying about this. I read somewhere never to argue with you! ^

Alessi.jpg

I saw Dungey's pass as he wasn't aggressive enough to make it work. I saw Mikes aggressive move as he had no intentions of passing. That's all I'm saying about this. I read somewhere never to argue with you! ^

Lmao!!! Yeah but I light one hell of a bon fire!

Look hershey the RD hater!
It is like in football if you are going for the ball and bump the reciever it is not interference. If you just tackle the guy before the ball gets there it is. Now it is 7 am i just finished dinner and going out for beer. Enjoy work boysss. Oh yeah. Dave doesnt work.

The way Alessi cut across that corner left him almost no chance to turn the bike and make it even if nobody was there .

He turned the bike just enough to center punch Tickle .

He approached the berms and Tickle at virtually a 90 degree angle .

There was a berm inside the outer one that Tickle was in and Alessi made no attempt to hook into it and go inside .

Just before bailing he gives a crank on the throttle and pretty much launches the bike .

A blatant take-out .

From now on I'd like to dub this move " Taking the Hershey5 Highway "

Back