Accident Policies

EVERY single policy I sell from multiple carriers will cover you riding your dirt bike, and fly you away from a race track....if your practicing. Once the gate is dropped, and your in a sanctioned race.......that race is not covered by the policy. Aflac has since made changes to their newer policies to cover racing, as long as it is not semi-professional, or professional for compensation.

So if its Amatuer. I'm covered? Right Obama? :). Speed test. What are you doing when you are practicing. Testing....speed?

Entered, by entered does that mean "signed up" for a race?

If you read above.....I stated I was entered at Dirt Country, and my policy paid. All these accident policies are how you complete the claim form. If you state you were racing, you were racing. If your out in practice, and you state you were in practicing and fell off your motorcycle, you were practicing. None of the carriers claim forms are completed by the track, doctor, etc. They are completed by you. They then pay off the treatment codes and the doctors reports.

My insurance company called Malvern and questioned them if I wrecked my bike beyond reasonable repair competing in a race. (This was when I filed a claim for a stolen bike.)

I can see both sides of this debate, but Sharc brings up some valid issues and I don't want to pay for a policy only to learn it won't pay or the insurance company will try to swing the fraud issue if I happen to get hurt in practice.

As two years ago I signed up to race battle of ohio. I broke my foot in practice on friday. But through the language I can see how a lawyer would tell me I was speed-testing for a race the next day.........this is real gray.

You would have been covered on any policy I sell on practice day. I have never had a claim declined on practice days.

All these accident policies are how you complete the claim form. If you state you were racing, you were racing. If your out in practice, and you state you were in practicing and fell off your motorcycle, you were practicing.
Thank you! It's all about the information the Company is given.

None of the carriers claim forms are completed by the track, doctor, etc. They are completed by you.
Really? So what... Why should I care?

And that's BS anyway... All the forms have sections that need to be completed and signed by a Physician. You can see the forms On-Line!

And what if you are unable to fill out the form? When I got to Chris, he was out in LA-LA Land and bleeding from his face. They scraped him up as fast as possible and put him in the bus. It was a real accident that needed first response. I'm sure the responders completed many forms on his behalf about the incident.

And that's BS anyway... All the forms have sections that need to be completed and signed by a Physician. You can see the forms On-Line!

And what if you are unable to fill out the form? When I got to Chris, he was out in LA-LA Land and bleeding from his face. They scraped him up as fast as possible and put him in the bus. It was a real accident that needed first response. I'm sure the responders completed many forms on his behalf about the incident.

No doctor or first responder is going to fill out a supplemental accident policy claim form for you. It is your responsibility or your families. Sure there is a ER Report or doctors notes. These can actually replace a physicians statement. You then need a itemized hospital bill with diagnosis codes. Operative report (for operations), physical therapy progress reports, radiology report for X rays, and an Ambulance Bill if taken by ambulance. But the doctor does not complete your claim form on how the accident occurred.

I am not really sure what your getting at Marc. Trying to make these policies not legitimate, or what. Not really following what your trying to say. These policies cover people riding, practicing, and with some carriers racing motorcycles every day. None that I am aware of will cover you if your racing for monetary compensation.

You have done nothing but bash accident policies for days now, and there are MANY people who have benefited from these polices over and over again.

and there are MANY people who have benefited from these polices over and over again.

Bah......no they havent. You sell them so you're lying! And I have been in la la land for thinking the paid me even though I was riding my dirt bike.

Humbug on top of that!

I am not really sure what your getting at Marc. Trying to make these policies not legitimate, or what. Not really following what your trying to say. These policies cover people riding, practicing, and with some carriers racing motorcycles every day.
The Policies are legit, the way they are sold is not. You still have yet to show me one that doesn't have the exclusion? (the Duck has dropped the verbiage but the Duck is SUPER expensive)

What I'm trying to say with out being a jerk is this: Those policies were created so AVERAGE folks could obtain coverage (in case of accident) that steps in to fill any voids where their Heath-Care policy may be deficient. These things were NEVER meant to insure the inevitable peril's incurred from a life long moto addiction. It's the agents who BEND, TWIST, and MANIPULATE the intended idea all in the name of a sale...... without regard of possible outcome.

Sure, they're sold, sure people collect. Bottom line....it's states in black & white what is not covered.

You have done nothing but bash accident policies for days now, and there are MANY people who have benefited from these polices over and over again.
Pointing out inaccuracy's and myths is not bashing at all. I've already said I pay for 28 of them every month.

Pointing out inaccuracy's and myths is not bashing at all. I've already said I pay for 28 of them every month.

I sell them all the time. I do not manipulate anything. I have stated right here on this thread the black and white, and how claims are paid, and what is not covered, and what will not be paid. Last thing I ever want is for someone to come back on me and claim I told them something that was not factual. But being in the insurance business, we have all had a client come back and say you said this...when in fact, what ever it was, was NOT said. People try to abuse the system everyday. I point out the facts, consult with clients, and let them make their decisions. No high pressure sales from our company. Being honest, and helping people make the best decisions is what we do. Helping people protect their assets and families. High pressure sales, is the Ducks game. While we will help clients service Duck claims, I will not sell Duck policies.

You pay for 28 policies every month. Have you never made a claim from a dirt bike wreck? Have any of your employees made claims? What policy do you have? Allstate? Colonial?

Do I stutter?

One policy / 28 members. Everyone gets Life, Accident, ST & LT disability Insurance as a benefit of employment.

The policy has an EXCLUSION that Reads: Riding in or driving any motor-driven vehicle in a race, stunt show or speed test.

Which is different than you going to BC on a Saturday (open practice) afternoon, falling off your bike and getting hurt. You would be covered out there riding. You obviously have a group policy that your employees do not have individual policy numbers. My suggestion would be to take the Accident out of the mix there, and pay for individual or hybrid Accident policy for your employees. The amount of coverage they would get would increase, and could be done for probably the same cost if not less.

Which is different than you going to BC on a Saturday (open practice) afternoon, falling off your bike and getting hurt.
You think it's something different, I think it's not.

Pretty simple;
You're looking at it from a "what can I get away with" perspective. I'm looking at it from a "what did I purchase" standpoint.

No, each person has their own policy number. They are covered very well for the probability of an ACCIDENT.
Since I'm the only rider/racer that rides a track, I don't have the accident policy because I understand the EXCLUSION.

I’m not in Insurance…..but if I only had a fixed dollar amount to spend on Insurance and was worried about my MOTOCROSS riding, I would use that fixed dollar amount to purchase some DISABILTY Insurance NOT Accident Insurance. That way, when I’m UNABLE to WORK at least I won’t lose everything I have gained.
Or do disability policies have exclusions too?

Do I stutter?

One policy / 28 members. Everyone gets Life, Accident, ST & LT disability Insurance as a benefit of employment.

The policy has an EXCLUSION that Reads: Riding in or driving any motor-driven vehicle in a race, stunt show or speed test.

How is that saying you cant ride a dirt bike for pleasure on a practice day??? Its not a race, you are not entered in a stunt show and a practice day at the race track is not any type of speed test.

How is that saying you cant ride a dirt bike for pleasure on a practice day??? Its not a race, you are not entered in a stunt show and a practice day at the race track is not any type of speed test.

You should run for political office....

Fantastic answer to a serious question......Although a bit sarcastic I am just trying to understand why the terminology used doesn't work for you. John has specifically told you there are policies that are worded to cover everything including racing on a dirt bike yet you want to say it isn't covered. And you further want to use insulting comments suggesting he doesn't know what he is talking about or is a fraudulent salesperson. It just isn't the Sharc I'm accustomed to hearing from.

Back