C Class - Loretta Lynns Qualifiers

John250

PR Founding Father
Ok, here I go......go ahead and give me 1000 pot stirring votes.

Just a question on riders moving from mini and super mini ranks up to 125s and 250Fs. I see where some guys went to Podium One and finished quite well in the C classes. These same riders have been racing for years on pee wees, the mini classes and super mini classes. Now that they have gone to big bikes they are racing the C class?

This does not affect me what so ever I guess until my son is old enough to get on big bikes. But if someone has that much racing experience, then how the heck can they truly be considered a C class rider? Shouldn't these kids be going right to the B class?

Anyone want to explain the rule to me?

Oh boy another c class thread. I just left podium one.
The guy that won the first 30 plus b/c was disqualified cause he is an ama supercross pro.
But it was brought up about dropping back after mini world.

There were some pretty cool ama officials i was learning from there.

sorry i missed you. Hell i may have talked to you and did not even know.

by the way. after mini world they should go where they are best fit an decided by their parent.
If you just want a trip to ll you go C. If you want to make him fast go to b.

B Class is crazy fast and competitive when it comes to AMA nationals. Sure, some of those kids could qualify at the area level. But, most probably wouldn't make it past regionals. Unless the kid is really talented(e.g. Cianciarulo), then it makes sense for them to go race in C class for their first year moving up to a big bike, and have a real shot at making it to Loretta's.

There is a formula that accounts for their age and uses youth advancement points also to place kids coming out of the mini (youth) classes. My kid is going to be one of the ones you are complaining about. He is still an AMA 14 year old and will be trying to qualify in the "C" class for any Amatuer National or "Major" as the AMA and MXsports are calling them now. Like is stated above there is a huge difference between local level and national level in any class. Just look at some of the big amatuer races that have happened already and check lap times you will see that the "B" classes and schoolboy classes are some of the fastest at the track. With us living up here in the north and not taking my kid out of school to live at some training facility it is tough to compete. Besides all of that I don't make the rules I just play by them so why not try and take advantage and give him some confidence. This isnt going to be career chioce for him anyways its just what we do for fun.

Justin, I am not really complaining. I am sure if my son stays about where he is ability wise, he will probably be one that does the same thing. I was just questioning, what the rule is really. C class used to be a novice class. A lot of these kids moving to C class have serious skills already on an 85. I get what they are saying about the difference in C and B. But the C class is supposed to be a novice class.

Just my opinion, Loretta Lynn's should do away with the C class, and that fixes people wanting to stay in C class.

I was there on the red Honda Trx250R for those that watched the quad races but Ohio was represented very well from what I saw. You are right though, those 85's were flying and could have probably taken some of the C riders. I saw Mitchy and a couple other members on here I recognized just from being involved with Ohio mx and this site.

There is a formula that accounts for their age and uses youth advancement points also to place kids coming out of the mini (youth) classes. My kid is going to be one of the ones you are complaining about. He is still an AMA 14 year old and will be trying to qualify in the "C" class for any Amatuer National or "Major" as the AMA and MXsports are calling them now. Like is stated above there is a huge difference between local level and national level in any class. Just look at some of the big amatuer races that have happened already and check lap times you will see that the "B" classes and schoolboy classes are some of the fastest at the track. With us living up here in the north and not taking my kid out of school to live at some training facility it is tough to compete. Besides all of that I don't make the rules I just play by them so why not try and take advantage and give him some confidence. This isnt going to be career chioce for him anyways its just what we do for fun.

This is correct. Story gets it...

Yes, John you're complaining..... If you need to know the rules, open up the rule book.

Justin, I am not really complaining. I am sure if my son stays about where he is ability wise, he will probably be one that does the same thing. I was just questioning, what the rule is really. C class used to be a novice class. A lot of these kids moving to C class have serious skills already on an 85. I get what they are saying about the difference in C and B. But the C class is supposed to be a novice class.

Just my opinion, Loretta Lynn's should do away with the C class, and that fixes people wanting to stay in C class.

Yep!! So just have fun at the local level. That's what I do and I think he's a good kid. Maybe I'm fortunate that he has no desire to go, so we concentrate on fun!

And buying new bikes! He's a whole 115 lbs and rode my new 450 yesterday. He couldn't believe how much power it had over his 250.. Flatland everything with power to spare. Now he wants one. Of course, I want him in one piece, so this isn't happening.....

So I got different set of problems than you!!!

This is correct. Story gets it...

Yes, John you're complaining..... If you need to know the rules, open up the rule book.

I dont think it is a matter of not knowing the rules, he is just rehashing the same C class complaint we have seen for years and years. Its just a lack of understanding of the difference in talent at the national level compared to the local. I didnt understand it until being at the regionals a few years back. C class isnt a true beginner class per say. It is just the entry level big bike class. Many of the AMA tracks at the local level have a D class that is meant for true beginner riders......or vet sport! Lol...

John, dont be upset by the class structure. The LL thing is really geared more to future pro racing riders. By the time a kid is racing big bikes that speed is needed for the C class if there is any pro racing future. It really isnt geared for the average rider to have fun. If you look at it with that mind set it will take the stress out of it for you.

I get it. I went to LL in the C class. That was the start of all my back problems! Seriously I get it, and understand the talent level. You should have seen the C class at Daytona. I am just making the point, that these guys that are fast super minis, really in my opinion have no business going to C class when they get on a big bike. Just my opinion.

The C class should only be for beginners. If you ride the mini class for 8 years, you are not a beginner. Stop sandbagging in the C class, Ride the B's and get faster. If you are not fast enough this year to make it to LL, then spend a year growing and developing your skills.

The C class should only be for beginners. If you ride the mini class for 8 years, you are not a beginner. Stop sandbagging in the C class, Ride the B's and get faster. If you are not fast enough this year to make it to LL, then spend a year growing and developing your skills.

Come on Knox, if there are only 12 classes, how in the heck do we have room for a C class??? You are getting soft. We should only have man class woman class, and kid class. That's it a triple crown

Chris I have to agree. That was really the point I was making. Back in the early 90s the C class was not like that. Now kids ride pee wees for 4 years, and minis for 4 years....and then go to the C class. Just does not seem right to me.

Come on Knox, if there are only 12 classes, how in the heck do we have room for a C class??? You are getting soft. We should only have man class woman class, and kid class. That's it a triple crown

See, that's the kind of forward thinking that we need in a track owner. Glad you have decided to change your class structure for the 2014 season.

Now, if you can just lose the woman's class you will on to something.

[4. “C” Classification Advancement
a. All C riders carrying an RPV of 15 or higher at yearend
will be advanced to the B class.
b. The following criteria are to be used when
determining a rider’s eligibility for the C class:
a. No rider is to be classified as a C rider if that
rider had a RPV of 15 or higher the previous
year in the C class or a 12-16 youth division.
MOTOCROSS 1.1
b. No rider is to be classified as a C rider if that rider has ever been classified as an A rider.
c. No rider is to be classified as a C rider if that rider has participated in the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship in any
previous year in any class with the exception of any girls or women classes unless otherwise
specified.
d. No rider is to be classified as a C rider if that rider is receiving or has ever received any type of OEM factory support in any class. (Excluding OEM contingency and
trackside support)
e. If a rider doesn't meet any of the above criteria, they may not participate in the C class if they
have raced C the previous two calendar years and have an RPV of 11. 0 or higher.
f. Riders who placed in the top 5 overall in a
"Women’s" class at the previous AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship are no
longer eligible to compete in the "C" class.

Look how many people from Ohio have ridden the C class at Lorettas in the last few years. You may see one or two. Who won B at Lorettas last year? Oh yeah, Plessinger. That dude is going to be racing motocross for a career. I use to be one of you guys saying people shouldn't sandbag C but, at the National level it isn't sandbagging. How can you expect a 14 year old kid to go compete with Plessinger? C class is not a beginner class at Lorettas it is just a step slower than B, which is insanely fast. If you can make it to Lorettas in any class in this day and age more power to you.

Back