C Class - Loretta Lynns Qualifiers

Yeap, so was Dougie. Always terrible to lose fine young men in the prime of their life.
No big surprise but I never really cared for how Don ran his track, but having a memorial race and classes in their names was truly a class act.

Be interesting to look at the top 5 points earners in 250C and 450C from the OMA last year. Anyone want to take bets on how many of the 10 sign up and ride C class this year?

If every track had a couple big doubles, that they said NO C class doubling....some more would step up and run B too. Its all about the show for some.

I remember Bluegrass MX close to Winchester KY had a D class. There were like 2 or 3 of us in B class, some in C and a boat load in D class. Amazed me to watch the guys in D class launching the big triple they used to have....the things that will make you scratch your head.

John250- They still have the D class down here in KY in a couple series. They state in the rules that it is a class primarily for new racers trying it out for the first time and that no points or awards will be given out for that class. That place may be re-opening this year with new ownership. I live and work about 15 min. from there is the only reason I know.

Little off topic but I must share.
Just interviewed a candidate for an open sales position we have. She lives in Ann Arbor but has a southern accent. I asked about it and she said she was from a small town 40 miles west of Nashville. Of course my next question was.. Like by Dickson? She said yes... You know where im going... I asked if she ever heard of a motocross race in the area... Turns out she was the life guard at pool at Loretta's from 1990 to 96.
I hired her on the spot.
Crazy small world.

She said she knew Davey... It was to late to fire her.

Local tracks should run A class (pros), B/C class and Beginners (open cc, no mini's, and 10 race max). The racers who run B/C can then run B or C at the LL qualifiers. Let MX sports worry about the sandbaggers!

People spend thousand's of dollars chasing the LL dream, I dont think any track will ever push a B/C combined class unless MXsports institutes a new rule.

People spend thousand's of dollars chasing the LL dream, I dont think any track will ever push a B/C combined class unless MXsports institutes a new rule.

People run 2 stroke b/c and c class at qualifiers. So locally if we made a b/c class it shouldn't interfere with a LL chasing c rider. It would actually help him out as he would have to race against b classified riders. When they show up at Loretta and find out they're racing local A speed they might be more prepared for the national.

Oma....bc is a good idea.

bc is a good idea for sure. i hate getting my ass kicked in +25 by guys like browning and gibson! something about that doestnt seem right haha

If this was waiting at the finish line you'd be trying to figure out how to beat gibson and browning instead of whining you can't.

img_3720-Tz234FfPgt7ujszzNcB4xJ.jpg

Back