C Class - Loretta Lynns Qualifiers

The C class should only be for beginners. If you ride the mini class for 8 years, you are not a beginner. Stop sandbagging in the C class, Ride the B's and get faster. If you are not fast enough this year to make it to LL, then spend a year growing and developing your skills.

Thats a good idea. Ill have my son ride B class this year locally and the handful of AMA races we go to with low turnouts and limited competiton (OMA races excluded) and bam he's an A rider in 2015 at 15 years old and then the fun is over. I would'nt want to think ahead at all and give him a couple years to develop. Geez!

Oh and Ill be watching when you and your son finally come out to race. Just to make sure you follow your own advice. It would be a beautiful world if everyone would just worry about themselves.

I get it. I went to LL in the C class. That was the start of all my back problems! Seriously I get it, and understand the talent level. You should have seen the C class at Daytona. I am just making the point, that these guys that are fast super minis, really in my opinion have no business going to C class when they get on a big bike. Just my opinion.

I tend to agree. Exactly why we chose to go straight to b class. Yea we could have easily went to lorreta's last year in C. I would be willing to bet he is faster right now with the route we chose than hanging around in C class all last year. Of course our sircumstances are a little different with us having to do so many local races last year. Zack in the local C class last year would have been ridiculous!!

Justin has a good point about the advancement though. The AMA will not move any rider to A class before they are 16 regardless how many points they have.

C class is the real B class. B class is where the Pro Teams are scouting for talent. That is the class to win. That and schoolboy. By the time your A, even winning a title means nothing if you weren't picked up by a team as a B rider

2012 Jesse Wentland Ever hear of him? Oh yeah, he won Pro-Sport. Rides on his own dime. Beat factory Zach Bell. Can't get anything in the states. Going to Canada this summer

2013 Luke Renzland Ever hear of him? Oh yeah, he won 450 A. He got zip for rides as a PRO. He is still an "A" rider

Hey I'm not knocking it. It's just the way it is guys. You going to play, suck it up. You know the rules and that's how it is.

I don't do it, even though I am cajoled every year to go. Went once in 89 and that was enough.

I don't like politics, and I think racing is political at that level.
Simple fact is if you want to run pro at the top 15, you have to have good support. You can't buy it. There are some exceptions to this of course, but as a rule, it is political.....

Thats a good idea. Ill have my son ride B class this year locally and the handful of AMA races we go to with low turnouts and limited competiton (OMA races excluded) and bam he's an A rider in 2015 at 15 years old and then the fun is over. I would'nt want to think ahead at all and give him a couple years to develop. Geez!

Oh and Ill be watching when you and your son finally come out to race. Just to make sure you follow your own advice. It would be a beautiful world if everyone would just worry about themselves.

No matter how much experience my son ever gets, he will NEVER ride the C class, Those dudes are nuts. I would feel a lot better riding mid pack to last vs. anywhere in a C class.

If he can win a local B even at a low turnout, then why are you worried about the C class? I think that is the definition of sandbagging...
And if we all only worried about ourselves, we would not need democrats... well we don't "need" them, but we have them.

Well, in 2005 Tommy Beckett and I moved up to big bikes to find most of our competition the year before (super mini riders) signing up in C class. We ran B. They ran c. Nobody ever went pro in either class. Sandbagging happens and it's a part of our sport. Live with it. And run c class coming into big bikes because someone else will do it anyway. So just sandbag on and don't defend your reasons why you're doing it because nobody cares. Nobody cares if you do or don't. Nobody will disqualify you. And in two years nobody will remember you doing it.

Nobody remembers tommy Beckett and I not doing it. And they wouldn't remember if we did either. Who gives a ship, matey.

Well, in 2005 Tommy Beckett and I moved up to big bikes to find most of our competition the year before (super mini riders) signing up in C class. We ran B. They ran c. Nobody ever went pro in either class. Sandbagging happens and it's a part of our sport. Live with it. And run c class coming into big bikes because someone else will do it anyway. So just sandbag on and don't defend your reasons why you're doing it because nobody cares. Nobody cares if you do or don't. Nobody will disqualify you. And in two years nobody will remember you doing it.

Nobody remembers tommy Beckett and I not doing it. And they wouldn't remember if we did either. Who gives a ship, matey.

You nailed it. And nobody will remember, so suck it up. That's the way it is........

Who cares about the C class? Make sure the A riders advance out of B and that is it.
if someone wants to be a career C rider let em.

I guess my biggest issue with this is personal satisfaction... So, you go to a race knowing full well you are a B or A riders and you sign up for a lower class, go out and win... Big freaking whoop... Who gives a crap? Why not get a fake birth certificate and sign up in the 50 Jr. class? Is your life so meaningless that you have to win a local race against guys with lesser talent?
Weston Peick has not won a supercross or a national, why don't he go back to b.f.e. and win the B class? Your not helping to improve your own skills or promote our sport... well my sport, I don't consider sandbaggers as participants, let alone racers. Go find the Pro practicers and hang out with the other losers.
Ride the class you know you should be in, finish last and leave with your head held high. Get faster and come back and win. Then you earned it.

Yep, I agree. I just like to race others that are close to or faster than me for fun.

no one will make any kind of a career out of winning the C class..

The top 2-4 in C class would do well in B class anyway.. If your consistantly running top 3 in C, your a B rider. Thats how its always been, and always will be.. " C " riders should hit triples, scrub, or rail berms, all of which you will see every weekend from the top few in C class.. Top 5 or so and back are CLOSER to an actual C rider IMHO.

After one year of OMXA the big question is... how many will advance out of the C class to B including the winning mini riders that are now on big bikes and the Vet B/C class to run 25 plus or 35 plus?

How's this for a formula; If a C rider has ever finished in the top 15% in any C class race the previous year they are classified as a B rider the following year. That just about amounts to this, on average the top three in any C class race will need to race the B class the next year.

That should fill some B class gates!

How dare you suggest such an idea.

It would with no doubt solve all the problems.

Back in 1986 I raced the 250B class at Kenworthy. No C class! There was over 60 riders that day in the 250B class, probably more in 125B. They split us up and ran two qualifiers and a consolation race. Then they put 40 riders on the line and ran the second moto. It was a awesome day, pulled two holeshots and finished 2nd to Chris Knox. That's what makes it fun.

I don't blame riders for racing C, but at a local level they should have a beginners class (10 races max) and then B/C.

Back in 1986 I raced the 250B class at Kenworthy. No C class! There was over 60 riders that day in the 250B class, probably more in 125B. They split us up and ran two qualifiers and a consolation race. Then they put 40 riders on the line and ran the second moto. It was a awesome day, pulled two holeshots and finished 2nd to Chris Knox. That's what makes it fun.

I heard that guy that got first is really good looking...and one of the most talented riders of all time.. Wonder what he is doing now?

I heard that guy that got first is really good looking...and one of the most talented riders of all time.. Wonder what he is doing now?

Chris, that was the day they gave a 6' trophies to the winner of the 250B in honor of a racer that was killed while riding his bicycle. We were pitted next to his mother. After the second Moto she told me congrats, but was happy that you won because you were friends with him.

Chris, that was the day they gave a 6' trophies to the winner of the 250B in honor of a racer that was killed while riding his bicycle. We were pitted next to his mother. After the second Moto she told me congrats, but was happy that you won because you were friends with him.[/QUOTE

Think it was Dave Swingly, Doug Kramer was the 125 B class. Yeap, was friends with both. Believe I gave the trophy to his mom.
Both great families and did good things for our sport.

Back