IronMan LL Regional 5-31/6-1 2014

Copy and paste from my facebook.
Palmer Racing with Justin Palmer and 2 others
The family of Austin Mincey would like me to pass along that Austin is still on life support. We are by his side in the room at Riley's in Indy. There have been no improvements. They will be conducting another test shortly. Thank you for all the calls, messages and prayers.

Prayers are out to his family and friends, that is the worst possible result from racing and doing what we all love. Hopefully, a miracle gets him back to life.

Update. On Austin.
Prayers are with this family!! Such a devastating situation.

Palmer Racing with Madison Phelps and 8 others
Julie Mincey would like me to pass along that the tests for Austin Mincey were what they feared the most. She said if anyone would like to come say good-bye to... Austin, he is at Riley Hospital, Indianapolis, IN and you should come soon. If Austin makes it that long, they will repeat the test one more time in 12 hrs. They have given them no hope. So sorry to have to pass this devastating news along.

Heard that Austin Mincey, #173 had a tragic accident at Ironman today. Hate to hear that......Godspeed Austin.
So very tragic... Miracles do happen. Feel for the family and friends so much. 'Tis the part of life that is so hard to understand in that how can something we love so much, the sport of MX in this example, be such a source of pain, emotional and physical, at times. It is above our understanding. No use in trying to. Prayers go out to the family as well as Austin more so. Tough. About the toughest it gets. :(

Sorry for the wrong information. I read in another post on facebook that the parents had removed life support and he passed. Obviously that was incorrect. Prayers to Austin for a miracle.

Grewe seems like he has Nitrous on his bike…… unbelievable how fast he shoots off the gate! I'm so lucky to be the same age as he is!

Just got to see the results. Awesome to see the guys do so well at the regional in Vet30! Interesting to see the MI guys not fare so well too.

Just got to see the results. Awesome to see the guys do so well at the regional in Vet30! Interesting to see the MI guys not fare so well too.
Yes, you see Ohio on the map in a lot of arenas of MX for sure. Good shtuff! Besides, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan... Well, not true. One oof my annual vacation spots is up there, so I care a little for the state last wise. ;)

Best of luck at Loretta's!! :)

Austin is gone. I didn't know him but I still feel sick inside. This is the update from FB:

I am completely heartbroken.....At 1:51 am Austin Mincey gained his angel wings. During this devastating time his family has managed to think of other families and do what they know Austin would want to do....save another life by organ donation. Please continue to pray for Julie, Tim & the rest of the family & friends.

Austin finished 1st in 250C and 4th in Schoolboy at the 2013 Battle for Ohio.

1265623_10200650810502896_224456714_o.jpg

It looks like he bumped up to B class this year with respectful results:

http://www.racer-results.net/results/mxsports/2014/AreaRegional/racer.asp?id=4745

He left this world chasing a dream we all share. I can't help but feel a deep sorrow for the family. God Bless you.

God Speed. Having a son that races, it is something that I never like to hear, or even think about. Hits MUCH closer to home for us that watch our kids on the track each week.

Prayers and thoughts to the family and friends that are left to make sense of a life taken too early. Godspeed Austin, ride on until the rest of us join you……..

from MX sports.... www.mxsports.com

It is with an extremely heavy heart that MX Sports reports the passing of amateur motocross racer Austin Mincey of Bethelridge, Kentucky. Mincey endured a crash on Sunday, June 1, during his 250 B Limited moto at the Ironman Raceway Regional Championship in Crawfordsville, Indiana. He passed away early Tuesday morning due to complications from his injuries. Austin Mincey was 14 years old.

“Everyone in the MX Sports family is broken hearted by this tragic news,” said Tim Cotter, Director of MX Sports. “In motocross racing we are one big family and nothing saddens us more than a tragedy like this. We ask that everyone think of Austin, his family and his friends. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers as they will be in ours. Godspeed, Austin.”

We will share funeral and visitation details as they become available.

Back