IronMan LL Regional 5-31/6-1 2014

Scoob

PR Founding Father
No wonder I feel like I ride at a snails pace around here... ;) Well, also to the fact that I do, but anyway...

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I counted 43 in junior 25+

Ok rocket now what. Go or stay. Based on that # and I'd imagine I'm 3rd alternate. That's a long way to drive for them to tell me they aren't splitting gates. I could see it at 50 signing up. But not 43.....

If your name is on that rider list are you guaranteed a gate? My names listed...this is the first time I've ever sent money in for a regional outside of a guaranteed qualify position.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Look at those Class Sizes look at those Names! What a thrilling weekend you guys will have. A Once in a life-time buzz. The weather looks perfect and the place will be packed! Rumor has it the staff will seasoned and it should be Pure Moto. Regionals are the BEST!

As soon as the schedule came out I thought Ironman would be one of the biggest regionals ever. Central to large/ fast / serious rider base, easy travel and has a nice town close by.

With that many fast guys racing their hearts out, that track is going to get a pounding like no other this weekend. From the first knob to hit the dirt Friday morning to the last guy hucking the finish line jump Sunday afternoon that place will be the landmark of dreams, the center of aggression and the test of commitment to all those that came.

Have a great time & Race your hearts out....here's where it gets serious. We've all put in the commitment and it's promised to be a great venue so the battles will be fierce and the field will be deep. Take as many photos and cams as you can and enjoy yourselves!!

Best of luck to everyone!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Georgie, unfortunately, it has become more about the almighty dollar than anything else at this point for Regional racing. Many classes to get split gates for the regional anyway with the # of guaranteed spots and # of gates available at any given track. No one has a 64 rider gate to handle the entire class and they've come up with a plan to give everyone 2 motos anyway even if you don't qualify to qualify…… So if you are on the list, you are riding / racing. They are taking everyone that sends in their money at this point, send money, you can race. With 43 riders on the list, you might have a split moto 1, and then a last chance consolation race to get into the final 2 motos of full gate. But more than likely, someone won't show up for injury or bike problem, and you'll just have 42 riders racing the full gate or less in +25.

And back to HUDAK's comment, you can only defend a title once, since you can't defend anything unless you win another title. But at Vet Fest, I guess you can defend that title 43 times in a row!!!!

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
I'm officially out for this one due to a family emergency. The rear of the pack is up for grabs now. I'm really bummed about it but I hope you guys have the time of your life. Please post pics and gopros when you can for those of us who can't make it. You should be able to post directly from your mobile devices now. Best of luck everyone!

John250

PR Founding Father
Chuck and Georgie, hope all goes well for your families. Good luck to those racing. Cant wait to see some go pros of the track.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Hit the road at 4am on the way. There is something in the true motocrossers that make getting up early on race days a snap. Track sounds awesome from the first hand description I got from Double D as he was walking it. I'll try to post some pics and a gopro video tonight from hotel!

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Hit the road at 4am on the way. There is something in the true motocrossers that make getting up early on race days a snap.

Word!! 4am on race day/weekend feels like 10am on a work day. ;) Love the sunny, cool mornings at the track as well. Looks as if you'll have a couple of those. :) Have fun guys...

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
start.jpg

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
First reports: Bad traffic because of construction. Hour and longer delays.
Huge parking. Flat, level.
"Track has BIG obstacles and lots of momentum killing features."
"Nice layout."
"If it's smooth, well then the big one's are all about having enough speed." "But it's not smooth for long and get's bombed out quick"
"Dirt goes from greased cat-s**t to dusty in two motos" says one.
"Seems like the dirt has been here for 15 years" was also heard.
"Crazy ruts, you pick one and it's yours for a good long while."
"No jumping out of your rut and heading for the other side or anything like that"
"Big bumps, Holes, Chop."

I think 900 (give or take) riders was mentioned. 1600 or so..bikes will leave the doghouse for each round of three motos over the next two days.
Looks peaceful down at that Dog House tonight....

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Hussy.jpg

Rocket and the Hussy were involved in a crash that crippled the bitch and resulted in the needing of parts.
Good thing two Hussy's are better than one because he just pulled out the spare and started swapping!
..... and it will all come to his advantage at some point during this weekend....
Good Luck Rocket!!!...