Marc the Sharc

Talked to sharc through txt, he went home tuesday and has a cast from foot to knee. He described the surgery as his leg peeled open like a banana!

Hope you're walking on sunshine as you're resting your freshly bolted together leg. Thinking about ya Bro! Best wishes!

Hi Guys! It will be 6 weeks this coming Sat since I broke the Tib / Fib in my right leg.
Tib was broken in two places and the Fib only one place.
I have a 10" plate and seven screws holding the Tib together, the Fib they will let heal by itself.
When I saw the surgeon for the first time (two weeks after surgery) he mumbled under his breath a little then turned to me and said " well Mr. Baumann you sure did one hell of a job on that leg. I'm thinking you're a twelve week'r."

Twelve weeks before the leg will be strong enough to where I'm good to go again.
6-8 weeks of NO pressure on the leg ....then a few more weeks of light pressure (no walking)...then it's time to start strengthening things up again.

So far, I've been in a wheelchair 24/7 to keep pressure off it.

I go back on Monday for the first set of X-rays to see how things are progressing. From there they will plot a course for further action.

Here's a pic of the leg after they took the cast off.

leg.jpg

The wound is healed up now but I still have considerable instability and pain when putting any pressure on it.
It's coming along well.......better now day-by-day.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself ......But If all goes well, I sure would love to spin a few laps on Fridays practice at RedBud VetFest with you guys.

Good to hear from you Sharc!
Been wondering how you were doing
I havent been back on my bike since that nite either
I took a little tumble and got a small but deep cut on my right leg that screwed around and got a bad infection in
missed a week of work because I wasnt allowed to walk on it.
All healed now ready to ride and hope you are too soon man
Take care Sharc we will see you at the tracks soon

Hope to see you at Red Bud, good to hear an update. Walking, riding, it's all good. Take your time.

Nice incision. Looks good. Sounds like you're doin exactly what my dad had to do. He's getting along great again. So if that says anything you'll be spinnin in the laps.

Hope you can make it to vet fest brother even if you're not on a bike yet. It just wouldn't be the same without you. Thanks for the update. My Doc said I'd never ride again and I'd be lucky to walk. Maybe he was just trying to piss me off enough to prove him wrong.

Great to hear Sharc! Yeah, if I go to Vet Fest and your not gonna be there, I might as well stay home and wait until next year then... ;) See you there Sharc. :)

Heal up real good before trying to ride again. In '82 I broke my fibula in early May, and exactly six weeks later, the day after I got the cast off I went riding and snapped it again in the same place. I was out that year from early May to late September.

So I'm at AC last night getting ready to put my helmet on and take off, talking with FREEH and I see a truck/trailer pulling in and I tell Brian -- dang that looks like Sharc. I must be imagining things, obviously it's someone else.

30 seconds later Sharc is pulling in next to me with his truck and trailer. I'm like "WTF are you doing here?"

He gets out and hops on one leg back to the trailer, I help him unload his Zuma scooter, and he spends the evening with us at the track taking pics and zipping around on his Zuma.

Uh Oh. Just back from the back injury too. I know Marc was a bit apprehensive about riding at the beginning of the year, he's not going to be at all amused over this latest setback..... Heal up, and I hope this is the last of the string of bad luck you've been having lately. --L*64

Late in the year.....No need to rush an injury like that. Heal up and there are years of riding ahead. Good luck with it.

Back