Hand Racing Promotions @Big Game Raceway

We
Sorry guys. I just replied to John and BCMX out of courtesy, so I am sorry for the deviation

I ran at Big Game in 2010 and till Aug of 2011. The place was SUPERB, dirt was just like Unidilla that I raced in the 80's. They even put a picture of me on their Tee's for the track in 2011 (random, just one of the many great pics Rich at MX Freaks takes) . I loved Big Game but that one race left a bad taste in my mouth. That's all behind me now. I'm a real old gray haired fart, but I'll be racing out there ( weather permitting) with my wife( picture taker) kid and maybe a grand kid !
we need more people like you to travel in state from out of state to race!

Hey Dave(hershey) I guess I will have to wait until July to have rocks thrown at me(literally)-lol!!!! Good luck this weekend! Keep my vaca pics coming! :cool:

Listen for details about the Wiseco Piston top end tear down/rebuild challenge during intermission. It should be very entertaining! Hand Racing Tshirt to the winner!

We've been getting a lot of calls from PA guys making the trip. It's nice having the track so close to the OH/PA border.

Good Luck to everyone racing this weekend, have a great time! We couldn't ask for a better weather forecast that's for sure!

Stopped by Big Game yesterday and the track looks awesome for today's race.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 201
Great event today Dave, thanks to you and the crew for your hard work and getting back into the mix. Saw and talked to a lot of riders that were happy and really enjoying the layout, flow, and the smooth running program (as always!). Some of the best dirt possible too, you have a winner for sure, and can't wait to come back!

Thanks for having Wiseco, we had some fun with the Top End Challenge, and it was great seeing old and new friends!

11 riders in the +50, 10 riders in +40 and 9 riders in +30. Nice turn out considering everything that was going on this weekend.

Sorry, no pics Sharc. Lisa and my boy stayed home in bed after we got home from racing at another facility on Saturday night about 11 and got up at 5AM, so it was just me. Dirt seemed to suck up the water, as they always seemed to be watering, but they had no dust. Not complaining, and it's your first time at the facility. And it also has a real gate. That was a definite plus since 2011. Also, I met a lot of fine people that frequent this board. The Lotts husband and wife team is great! Nice people and you got to hand it to them they race together and live together and walk the pits together. Saw Trevor Vines and had a nice chat ( BTW, you like good Trevor and your age doesn't show!) and met Mrs David Hand (Mr 04 here). Also saw Ironman ( Inspiration for me to race at 65!) and MX099 ( guy above).Cool. As I am getting into my mid 50's, I try to make what little time I have left count!

I only have two complaints, one minor and one kinda major. First the minor one. Both motos of the staggered 30+/50+ race you guys ripped the track up REAL DEEP before the big sky double along the fence row. Even talking to Mad Mike Jones, he thought that was just a bad move. He said he barely made it the first moto, and I chose the slower option line , as did everyone else. No real big deal, but I wanted to sky that 4th gear double like I did in practice, but chose not to -and I am glad I didn't. If Jones said "Man, it was sketchy and I had to seat bounce it and I almost crashed because the dirt was so freakin deep!", well, I'm glad I didn't do it and choose the option line. It wouldn't have been a peeve of mine, but it was done both motos. Just kinda bitchin a little, yeah I know, but all the guys on the line around me went and said "Really? Same stuff again?" Just letting you know.....

My real complaint was the 4 lap motos, or length of the motos. I timed the 2nd schoolboy moto from drop of the gate to the 1st place winner taking the checkered flag. Guess how long the moto was? 6:34 seconds! That is just to short!! You need to run longer motos, either time the motos, or add more laps. I know it's not HS, but it isn't AX either.

Otherwise the track was great, the day was good, and I think nobody got hurt. That is a definite plus. Matter of fact, that is MY TEST of a good safe track, because we can always "Do this again another day!"

Just so nobody gets the wrong impression, I thought they did a good job for the first time there. I just want more seat time per moto. And no, I am not doing two or three classes to get that........

Sorry, no pics Sharc. Lisa and my boy stayed home in bed after we got home from racing at another facility on Saturday night about 11 and got up at 5AM, so it was just me. Dirt seemed to suck up the water, as they always seemed to be watering, but they had no dust. Not complaining, and it's your first time at the facility. And it also has a real gate. That was a definite plus since 2011. Also, I met a lot of fine people that frequent this board. The Lotts husband and wife team is great! Nice people and you got to hand it to them they race together and live together and walk the pits together. Saw Trevor Vines and had a nice chat ( BTW, you like good Trevor and your age doesn't show!) and met Mrs David Hand (Mr 04 here). Also saw Ironman ( Inspiration for me to race at 65!) and MX099 ( guy above).Cool. As I am getting into my mid 50's, I try to make what little time I have left count!

I only have two complaints, one minor and one kinda major. First the minor one. Both motos of the staggered 30+/50+ race you guys ripped the track up REAL DEEP before the big sky double along the fence row. Even talking to Mad Mike Jones, he thought that was just a bad move. He said he barely made it the first moto, and I chose the slower option line , as did everyone else. No real big deal, but I wanted to sky that 4th gear double like I did in practice, but chose not to -and I am glad I didn't. If Jones said "Man, it was sketchy and I had to seat bounce it and I almost crashed because the dirt was so freakin deep!", well, I'm glad I didn't do it and choose the option line. It wouldn't have been a peeve of mine, but it was done both motos. Just kinda bitchin a little, yeah I know, but all the guys on the line around me went and said "Really? Same stuff again?" Just letting you know.....

My real complaint was the 4 lap motos, or length of the motos. I timed the 2nd schoolboy moto from drop of the gate to the 1st place winner taking the checkered flag. Guess how long the moto was? 6:34 seconds! That is just to short!! You need to run longer motos, either time the motos, or add more laps. I know it's not HS, but it isn't AX either.

Otherwise the track was great, the day was good, and I think nobody got hurt. That is a definite plus. Matter of fact, that is MY TEST of a good safe track, because we can always "Do this again another day!"

I give Hand racing Promotions an A+ from start to finish.
1.sign up was smooth. The whole staff was friendly.
2. Practice and first Moto started on time.
3. It was 80 degrees and sunny. No dust the whole day.
4. Great layout for passing.
6. Best top soil and dirt was perfect.
5. All jumps where safe and fun for all.
6. Went to get trophies 10 minutes after my last Moto and they where ready.
7.Day was over early at 4 O'clock.
Can't wait to go back and rip it up...

Looks like you guys had a good race day! I am going to try and make it out in July for sure, I have the kids that weekend too so maybe I can teach them to throw racks at Gail also!

Thanks for the great reply Greg. I'm not moving too well right now, so I just saw this.
Big Game will see wonderful improvements from Hand's.

Saw Trevor Vines and had a nice chat ( BTW, you like good Trevor and your age doesn't show!)

Nice talking to you as well Greg! Thanks.
I really wished I had brought my bike that day as the track looked sweet!
The Hand's helped bring Big Game to it's potential. great to see!!
I'm planning to be back and better prepared for a soil rearranging session!

Back