Chillitown MX Battle Round 1 **July 18-20**

Wow, didn't mean to ruff so many feathers. If you can promise 6 laps, that's 9 minutes at 1:30sec, I'm in. If not, have fun

I only know 099 and Day181 personally, so if I can pit with either of them PitRacers, I'll have someone to hang with, besides my boy.

Otherwise, it would be a long boring 2 day race. I find mxers in our area not doing MastersMX racing on the egotistical side. Not saying you are, just stating an eastern PA, NJ thing.

Vet day this sunday at big game will get ya some more laps!!!

My son mentioned the Ross Co. fair race. Just a question for the CTMX people. Have you ever approached the fair board about using the existing track for a race during the fair? Seems crazy to have a great track a short walk from the barns to use for a fair race rather than build one by the grand stands. Ross Co. could have the best fair race ever if you used the regular track. Just always wondered if the subject was ever brought up?

My son mentioned the Ross Co. fair race. Just a question for the CTMX people. Have you ever approached the fair board about using the existing track for a race during the fair? Seems crazy to have a great track a short walk from the barns to use for a fair race rather than build one by the grand stands. Ross Co. could have the best fair race ever if you used the regular track. Just always wondered if the subject was ever brought up?

Yes, this has came up many times but as cool as it would be there are way too many problems with logistics. If you have ever been to the Ross Co Fair you see why. Ross Co Fair is one of, if not the biggest camping fair in the state of Ohio. All of our current pit spots are taken up during fair week with campers, so the first problem would be where to pit everyone. The second problem is admissions to the event. The fair board wants to market their events at the grandstand. This keeps admission prices lower for general fair addmission in case you have no interest in whats going on at the grandstand. If it were held back at the track they would more than likely have to increase general admission prices for everyone whether they were attending the race or not because you would have no way of keeping people from standing around the fence to watch. Another reason is time. If we held the race on the CTMX track each moto would take too long. Most fair tracks are condensed to about 45-50 seconds per lap. The fairboard likes to keep the events under 3 hours. Lights are also a major problem.

As nice as it would be to have the race back there on our track it just works better for eveyone having it at the grandstands. Maybe someday we can work something out but right now its just not in the cards.

Georgie, you should have marked those three weekends off for vacation in the spring! My work trip to Charlotte is cancelled, so I don't have to worry about a late night Sunday drive now.

We are well on our way to having the best pro race Ohio has seen in a long time...so many heavy hitters have registered...we will post the list soon. Keep spreading the word! Its going to be off the hook!

Well, I'm about as ready as I'm going to get. I wasn't ready last year, and I think CT was my best round. So here goes, winging it this weekend!

My prediction: The CT round will have the most entries, I'm thinking 500+. There youth numbers are tough to beat! Tell everyone you know the Battle begins in Chillicothe this weekend........Its on.

What time does the gate CLOSE each night Friday and Saturday?

I can't seem to find that info anywhere, thanks.

NM I found it -- gates close from Midnight - 6am

Last edited:
Well, I'm about as ready as I'm going to get. I wasn't ready last year, and I think CT was my best round. So here goes, winging it this weekend!

I'm in the same boat for this year, but poor planning isn't going to allow me to make it unless a miracle happens in the next hour or two. LOL Have fun done there. Wife says I'm not ready, but I did burn almost 10 gallons of fuel up at Silver Lake this past week, so I'm kinda ready, right? ;)

I really want to check this place out and hate to miss this round, but 'tis what it is. Plan to at least spectate tomorrow. Hope moisture we got works to y'alls advantage. Good luck. Fast and safe.

Back