Vets at LL

Oh ck by my Florida pro comment I saw there's been a decrease, I was saying there will be a huge increase in 10 years....

Knox, don't start the whole Pros/Vets debate again. It seems pretty SIMPLE in my common sense way of thinking. The Loretta Lynn's "AMATUER" National Championships. Where in there does it say pro?
Johnny, Johnny Johnny... They are not Pro's now. As a matter of fact, Aaron Plessinger is a heck of a lot closer to being a pro then Scott Sheak is.

Sheak had no problems going 1-1-1 in a class at HP. Kinda like the year i had to stand on the bottim rung of the fence and watch him beat Broc sellards (my pro hero at the time) at the pro national. Had no problems doing it then either.

But they held a Pro License. They are still fast! And should not go back to the Amateur classes.

So once a pro always a pro? Really? I was "pro" for 10 years and now I'm old and fat. So I cant go to LL? I am not a pro now, so that makes me an amateur. Right???

So does that mean that if I go to a local race now I have to race the 450a class at 45 years old, riding once a month, and being fat, old and out of shape? Because I held a pro card with in was in my 20's? REALLY??

No, and No.......I will line up and race both you guys at every local race you want and not complain (except for eating your roost Mike). But on the National level, I (me personally) think that 40+ needs to be split. B/C and A. It is one of the largest most competitive classes these days. So just my humble opinion. Guys like Earl May, Barry Carsten, Keith Johnson, Pedro Gonzalez, etc. will always be in the front of most of the B riders in the class.

Agreed John. Once you have held a pro license then at the ranch race the same guys you did back in the day. Im old not fat and slow but you dont see me riding c class either.

Blair you're still fast as hell what are you bitching about? And from the looks of Knox's record also he is going to be fast too, fat or not.

Its a mental thing. The brain has a memory for feeling the forces of riding. You never really forget it. RC4 has been out for 8 years now and he is damn pudgy. he shouldnt race A class either I guess.

I agree that ALL age groups should be divided into A and B/C but until that happens, I say its all good. That's how the rules are written and I don't want to push ANYONE away because of what you did in your past. Besides, the old pro's (for the most part) are excellent ambassadors for our sport. A name that people recognize will always draw their attention. A couple years ago when RC ran 25+, the fences where lined with people. Were they there to watch the field, or one "old" pro?
Back to the original post. I do think it is interesting that the majority of vets are coming more from the "snow" areas. And the fact there are still large numbers of old heads that are willing to drive cross country... Would you drive to the national if it where held in Cali or Oregon? I will answer that...for me... HELL no.

So does that mean that if I go to a local race now I have to race the 450a class at 45 years old, riding once a month, and being fat, old and out of shape? Because I held a pro card with in was in my 20's? REALLY??
God that took me forever to get you to respond with that. You must not be checking pitracer often lately.

Well.....for comparison....

I rode B class when I was younger. Now I'm old, fat, and slow. Should I go back to C class?

Nope, not the same thing. C class is for beginners and if you raced when you were younger you are obviously not a "beginner" so no C class. Sorry completely different.

AND for the record I would welcome a 40 A class.

God that took me forever to get you to respond with that. You must not be checking pitracer often lately.

Sorry was a little slow THIS YEAR I actually had to work today but my answer will always be the same when the topic is brought up EVERY YEAR. Don't worry next week we will have a topic on who can and cant ride the C class and who is sandbagging.

This exactly why we should use time qualifying to separate people into ABC.....

Ok but I am going to sandbag in practice so I can ride C so I can win!! :)

Not really I just really suck in practice. Always have. I am glad they didn't have timed qualifying back in my day and we actually had to ride qualifiers.

Blair get yourself a cool avatar.....

I doubt we will ever see a VET A class. Then Mx sports would have to pay some of these guys... I mean give their entry fees back....

How about let people sign up for heats as they wish, then based on their finishes and lap times, they get assigned mains, and that race counts. So it's truly a qualify and race setup, not this archaic publicly confusing two moto setup.

Back