Open practice

Yeah, the day before the ATV national.......How about what happened on the regular weekend you tried it there big guy??

I did have about 90 for 2013 crewfest. I thought that was decent. Better than most of the bike only tracks that I hear about. That's a unique number, for racing that would have been better race day in terms entries than almost every CRA event last year, with the exception of a few.

I heard that Dave Fest was having utvs golfcarts and a mustang demo derby this year??? If so that's cool.

image.jpg
Take note, the GOAT is checking out the lawn mower . Cool exposure !!!

I fully understand the complaints 2 wheels have vs. 4. I think a track can have practice where we all can get along. Two recent situations at 2 different tracks:

1) I was at BC for open practice (with bikes) in late May or early June and by the end of the day, every corner had a ton (call it 5 or 6) different bike ruts. It made for a hard ride on a quad without destroying most ruts for the bikes. I will respect the rut and try not to blitz across/through them because I want to ride. However, when a turn has 8 different lines, it makes it impossible to ride the track. It was tough to rip with that many dirt bike ruts. I will still ride BC, I'm not knocking the track/prep/staff at all. I support JO's events and will continue to rip at BC. Just merely stating 1 bike packed open practice.

2) Malvern Open practice Saturday, June 28. Many of the turns had 3 maybe 4 at the most for ruts and it made the track capable of being ridden by both 2 and 4 wheels without a stink about running both quads and bikes. Practices were split; however, the track seemed to work for both bikes (ruts) and quads) big corners.

I'm not being cocky here, but does one need to make 5-6 or more ruts in the corners for an open practice? I understand that you want to rip the whole track, but doesn't it come down to etiquette? If all riders (2, 3, or 4 wheels) followed some sort of etiquette, we all could ride on more tracks (wishful thinking) Try to run only 3 or 4 lines in the corners, staying in you line over ALL jumps, and stay left or right on the track instead of down the middle. I know I will get passed by some A or B 2-wheeler on a jump as he cross jumps into my lane/line, even when I give him the remaining 15-20 feet to my left. It happens EVERY weekend I ride. Is it necessary to ride like an idiot?

It's open practice! Work together and ride together. We all support the same darn sport. Maybe I'm in the minority that think it is possible to ride with 2, 3 and 4 wheelers...

One of the reasons they make more lines is because some cant get through the ones that are there. Once they get so deep, a lot of riders start looking out wider. This will continue till there is nowhere left to go except the water truck road or load er up in the truck. I see a lot of load er up in the truck.

Is alot of the complaints of quads running due to the track time it takes away from us on bikes? I can take it or leave it, I like how quads kind of mellow out the ruts and smoothing it out a little while still leaving the lines but thats just me a C class rider who soetimes struggles with deep ruts. At the same time I dislike the long waits between classes when you have quads in the mix, seems like sometimes I'd get to a track and be there for 5 hours and get to ride 4 times. Though I still enjoy the amount of ride time I get, seems like I'm not getting as much for my money. Thats just my cheep side talking though. lol

Y'all ruin ruts, throw dirt off the tracks and quads are loud as hell. Joking aside, errr kinda... Anyways, every track I know of around central ohio an all OMA tracks are quad friendly.

Never hear quad guys cry because the dirt bike ruts are too extreme to ride on the same track, don't understand why it's gotta be the other way around. It's only practice, deal with it. A

Basketball players don't play games in hockey rinks.

No kidding. Everyone knows they lay the floor down for that.

No basketball players are walking on ice.

Went to Georgia a week after a pro nat and there was a track at durhamtown that was a 4 lane highway.

It was kike riding on an ice rink. Couches slide around bikes dont. They just slip and dive towards the ground. I hate concrete starts and 4 lane highway hard pack. It trashes my tires. Rounds em off. Tires are too expensive for that. Tires last for a Long time at well prepped quad free facilities.

No i'm saying my tires won't last muddy creek atv pro nat. But they'll last on the mx pro nat.

And briarcliff is different. There's too much moisture layed down for the blue groove to show up. So screw you for such good prep.

BC is the only place I have ever been where it looks hard packed behind the gate, and it is like walking on a sponge. Very weird. Must be some serious moisture under that ground.

BC is a quad track that bikes can ride on........

Hershey, sit down, breathe slowly......You are right. I'm only saying that once. Well, maybe, no on second thought you are wrong, very very wrong. Weeeeeewwwwhhhh, almost screwed that up. Its a motocross track. Bahahaahaha, you really thought that id agree? Wowsers.

100% satisfied with everything Jeremy at BC does for this whole organization. Upkeeping a professional grade track, being about the only support us quad riders have and everything to do with the OMA. I had a feeling nobody would be able to give a straight answer as to why it matters if you're on 2 wheels or 4.

Cause quads R 4 Sissies!!!!!
NEXT...

Back