3.5 Billion for immigration?

sturd

PR Addict
Are you a MORON????
Name calling, you think that help's your argument?

In that statement the OP showed us ( If Ben Stein even said it) he doesnt say all, he says most. Maybe not most will get free insurance but MANY will according to the gov guide line I posted. Medicaid IS insurance.
Emergency Medicaid is not '"Medicaid insurance". While I agree that it makes Stein's statement less than pants
on fire BS, it's still BS. Emergency Medicaid is intended to pay back providers for services
already rendered in an emergency. The Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 requires anyone seeking
Medicaid Insurance to prove that he is a citizen or legally in the US.

Clint1991

PR Addict
This thread got away from a topic I know enough to comment on, I don't know anything about health insurance other then how damn expensive it is. lol

Dave Spoke to my daughter who handles our insurance. We were on Anthem and their rates did explode when ACA first came in effect and that is when our broker switched us to Kaiser. You know where to reach me or my daughter, Jen, if you wish to contact our broker. It may not help but couldn't hurt to speak to him.

John250

PR Founding Father
I have an individual policy for me and my three kids. I paid $445 a month for a $2500 HSA. I was offered an early renewal with an increase of $45 a month. I took it, that was probably a smart move. Got the first bill in January with the new rates, and it had gone up $80 a month. There were $35 in "new" 2014 Federally Mandates Fees on my invoice. Thank you very much for the additional $750 a year in taxes. Add all the people and companies up paying these new fees, and bingo, billions of dollars in taxes.

Here is the thing. Wait until people start getting their renewals after this year. The rates are probably going to take a HUGE hike yet again because of ACA.

As for immigration. Put the US Army on the southern border. The first dozen illegals coming across the border, shot. Guess what..........All the rest of them, they STOP coming immediately if they know that is what their fate will be. It is collateral damage of 12 lives to fix the immigration problem.

And while we are at it. ALL US government test, forms, etc. should ALL be in English. There are public schools in America that teach in Spanish. This is NOT teaching immigrates to be productive citizens in the United States.

freeh

PR Founding Father
And while we are at it. ALL US government test, forms, etc. should ALL be in English. There are public schools in America that teach in Spanish. This is NOT teaching immigrates to be productive citizens in the United States.

I have to agree with this point. I know there is no official language for the US, but clearly English is the unofficial language. Many of the white immigrants that came here over the last 200 hundred years were not native English speakers either, but they were forced to learn it and not appeased to keep their native tongue.

sturd

PR Addict
I have to agree with this point. I know there is no official language for the US, but clearly English is the unofficial language. Many of the white immigrants that came here over the last 200 hundred years were not native English speakers either, but they were forced to learn it and not appeased to keep their native tongue.
Say what? I still know grandmas (they've mostly passed now) that never spoke a word
of english here in Clevo. Slovenian and yiddish were the household languages when I
visited, so mom and pop could join in. I was the odd man out. Go look up Lau v.Nichols
for some background on the law, at least when I was a youngun.

I think the difference may be, and now that I'm thinking about it this is maybe
not true but, they were less likely to be out and about and talking slovenian at
the MalWart. I'm the odd man out at the excellent mexican grocery in P'ville.

sturd

PR Addict

How exactly do you teach that? Is the language it's taught in somehow a determining factor?

Do you understand how insurance works? It takes a large pool of people to keep the rates down...you need young healthy people in that pool to offset the unhealthy. This is why large companies receive a much lower rate than what you can get on your own. Since we are a very small company we are pooled together with other like companies so that we can keep our rates lower. This also applies to our WC. They are still quite high. When the Koch brothers held pizza parties for our young people and encouraged them NOT to sign up they were in fact doing US a disservice. Without those young people in the ACA pool our rates will be higher. I may not totally agree with the way ACA works but I disagree with the tactics of those who would purposely take action in an attempt to make certain IT DOES NOT WORK, for in doing so they hurt once again the middle class. So instead of blaming Obama for virtually everything, look instead to those big fat cats who literally care only about themselves and how government will benefit their bottom line.

k01

PR Elite
Do you understand how insurance works? It takes a large pool of people to keep the rates down...you need young healthy people in that pool to offset the unhealthy. This is why large companies receive a much lower rate than what you can get on your own. Since we are a very small company we are pooled together with other like companies so that we can keep our rates lower. This also applies to our WC. They are still quite high. When the Koch brothers held pizza parties for our young people and encouraged them NOT to sign up they were in fact doing US a disservice. Without those young people in the ACA pool our rates will be higher. I may not totally agree with the way ACA works but I disagree with the tactics of those who would purposely take action in an attempt to make certain IT DOES NOT WORK, for in doing so they hurt once again the middle class. So instead of blaming Obama for virtually everything, look instead to those big fat cats who literally care only about themselves and how government will benefit their bottom line.

Where has this thread gone?

Don't you know that fattest cats around are Dems? Cronyism and big government suit them just fine.

The ACA will not work by design. Know what comes next? Think this is all really about health insurance and healthcare?

What do you think is happening at our borders?

JB_519

PR Addict
I'll volunteer for border patrol and cover any expenses as long as Uncle Sam kicks in the tracer rounds and night Vison ;)

Clint1991

PR Addict
It's not as hard as people think it is to get into, pays very well to. Not my thing, to many rules to protect the ilegals that I don't agree with. Same thing overseas, giving american rights to non citizens is something I don't agree with.

That's just great. A few posts ago you stated you knew nothing about insurance except that it was expensive and now you claim that ACA will not work because of it's design. Is that something you heard on talk radio or something you NOW claim to be an expert on. I just love it when you post things you can not back up with facts. I am not an expert on insurance either but I have been in the medical business for nearly 25 years. I have more to lose than any of you if it fails because it is my livelihood at stake here.
As far as all this brave talk about going to the border....what, you would like to shoot children as they cross. All this talk on this sight about taking care of our children in the sport and yet you would shoot these children. You sicken me! I too fear this immigration issue is out of hand but until they fix the immigration laws it will continue. Unless you are all of American Indian Decent then you came from an immigrant. Look how are nation evolved into what it is today. Everyone came here to escape some form of discrimination, famine ect. These children are no different. We do however, need to figure out how to fix the problem in a humane manner.

Clint1991

PR Addict
That's just great. A few posts ago you stated you knew nothing about insurance except that it was expensive and now you claim that ACA will not work because of it's design. Is that something you heard on talk radio or something you NOW claim to be an expert on. I just love it when you post things you can not back up with facts. I am not an expert on insurance either but I have been in the medical business for nearly 25 years. I have more to lose than any of you if it fails because it is my livelihood at stake here.
As far as all this brave talk about going to the border....what, you would like to shoot children as they cross. All this talk on this sight about taking care of our children in the sport and yet you would shoot these children. You sicken me! I too fear this immigration issue is out of hand but until they fix the immigration laws it will continue. Unless you are all of American Indian Decent then you came from an immigrant. Look how are nation evolved into what it is today. Everyone came here to escape some form of discrimination, famine ect. These children are no different. We do however, need to figure out how to fix the problem in a humane manner.
Who is your post directed towards? I think I'm the only one who commented about not knowing anything about the insurance issues and thats where I left it. And I didn't see anyone post anything about shooting children unless I missed something this thread is about the reform and what should be done to correct the issue.

Sorry, that I implicated you when in fact it was someone else who claims to be the expert. No, know one said out right that they wanted to shoot little children but the talk implicated such. Tough talk. I grow tired of reading and hearing such utter nonsense about a serious issue. This thread has not really been about reform at all. I have not read anything that would lead me to believe that anyone here has the answer to the problem or anything constructive to add.Or did I miss something?

Clint1991

PR Addict
Their has been some talk about induvidual opinions on what should be done about the issue but the thread has strayed a bit off topic. I guess I wasn't very specific on the direction I intended this thread to go in and kinda just let it go to see where it was headed.

You are right it strayed to insurance issues because many believe that somehow these children are somehow going to receive free insurance of some sort.
I read this thread because I had hoped to learn something and I suppose I did and I did not like what I saw and read coming from our MC community. I tried to give constructive information on the insurance issue because I know it is a great concern for many. As stated being in the medical mfg. business I am affected more than most. I have seen things change over the years and it has not been good. I had great hopes that in some way ACA would change some of the injustices that surround our medical care which has deteriated over the years. Not that we do not have some of the best doctors, some of the best hospitals ect. but these services are not available to all. Because of the insurance companies and their contracts that they hold over the heads of the medical facilities our care is not what it should be. I know this first hand.

JB_519

PR Addict
You do realize this is a forum ??! Correct ? No one has to agree. I appreciate your side as well even if I disagree .
However , don't imply or put words in my mouth that I didn't say . Have a good day ! :)