3.5 Billion for immigration?

You are right it strayed to insurance issues because many believe that somehow these children are somehow going to receive free insurance of some sort.
I read this thread because I had hoped to learn something and I did not like what I was hearing

Sorry, laptop is acting up and doing crazy stuff. I realize it is a forum and we may not always agree but I believe that if you are going to post something on such a serious matter then do so with intelligent information. I do believe I was trying to give out information that would be helpful to those who may not understand what is happening with their insurance. Don't turn it into a conspiracy theory. I have no use for them...I try to deal with facts. I have a brother who is a politician....he makes me deal with facts and back up everything I say. I do a lot of reading because of it. In case you are wondering he is not a Democrat but a Tea Party Republican...I am an Independent so we butt heads a lot!!
I gave my apology to Clint 1991 because I was reading quickly and mistook your post as his. Guess I should slow down on my reading!
How did I put words in your mouth? Did not mean do so.

As far as all this brave talk about going to the border....what, you would like to shoot children as they cross. All this talk on this sight about taking care of our children in the sport and yet you would shoot these children. You sicken me! I

^^^^^^
So that's what I said !?

Didn't appreciate that . Although no biggie , this is PitRacer...no real reason to get bent dicked.

As far as your " tough or brave " reference, sounds like you're adopting that as well ....

Guess my no bullshit attitude struck a nerve. Wasn't my direct intention .

Good luck with the rest of your racing season .

I'm sorry but I did not mention your name or implicate you in any way when I spoke about all the tough talk but this was stated at one point by another member which set the tone.
"As for immigration. Put the US Army on the southern border. The first dozen illegals coming across the border, shot. Guess what..........All the rest of them, they STOP coming immediately if they know that is what their fate will be. It is collateral damage of 12 lives to fix the immigration problem."
Yes you did touch a nerve but only because this IS a serious issue.
Good luck to you also, although I don't know what that statement has to do with anything. I thought this thread was "non moto"!
No reason to get crude just because this is just pit racer....can't get dick bented anyway since I am female.

So the solution is it's ok ...it's just kids or innocent adults .....wait that just broke the law coming in illegally .
Just courious ?

What was stated above has some meat to it. Examples need to be made and echoed . Come here legally or else face swift and harsh consequences , period !

For the most part everyone has been talking about the southern border, what about the ilegal immigrants comming in from other places by much more technical mean? How do you prevent that? They arent running across a border, they are comming in private jets and on ships.

I am surprised that you are continuing on with this thread. You never hear much about the Northern border but perhaps because Canada itself does a better job than Mexico. The ones coming over on boats and planes are certainly more sophisticated. Many come over on a visa to go to school ect. and then never leave. I suppose because we are such a large country it is difficult to keep tabs on all of them or am I being naïve. I think we all have more to fear from the Muslims that come over than we do from the Hispanics, especially children!

Just seems when it comes to immigration everyone instantly thinks mexico, cuba, etc... But there is a large number of ilegal immigrants from european countries, middle east, asia, etc that everyone seems to forget about or just not care about them. Everyones talk goes straight to mexico when immigration is mentioned, why is that? Whats the difference between mexican and european immigrants that are both here ilegally?

To simplify this whole thing into 1 sentence.

We have to fix things in the US, before we can try to fix the rest of the world.

Everyone would like to help, feed, take care of others. It just cant always be that way.
It seems we can never find middle ground. It is right or it is left.

It seems we can never find middle ground. It is right or it is left.

That's true, I think, because some people, that make money on espousing entrenched positions and talking points,
have convinced other people to never compromise no matter how stupid the position.

I don't believe that any Pitracer denizen seriously believes that an 8 or 9 year old kid should be hustled
onto a plane and sent back to wherever without some process to see if that is the best thing for the
kid. We don't do that to stray dogs.

But finding a solution to the issue of unaccompanied kids coming here because they think
they'll be better off demands compromise on all sides. We need to somehow stop them and
the people that sent them from thinking it's a good idea and still treat them as otherwise
innocent kids. Yelling that they'll get free insurance (they won't) or that we need a better
fence with armed troops (hasn't worked and won't) or that we should just let all illegal
immigrants become citizens (made things worse when Reagan tried it ) doesn't help and
prevents compromises that would help.

I don't see many options to try and prevent the children from coming in, I agree it wouldn't be right to ship them on a plane and dump them off wherever they came from. For one how much $ would it cost to do this and ensure they are even getting sent to the right place? You can't just dump hundreds of unacompanied children in one central location of a country.

Shut down the industry that is making their home unsafe. Legalize drugs. Prohibition didn't
work twice. The first time we repealed it. Now we have an industry that supports
it.

Then - regulate and tax the living bejesus out of drugs. Use some of the money to
treat the people that will suffer from easier access. There will be a lot left
over to figure out how to make the situation in central america better so
kids don't think they should come here. There will still be lots of money left.

That's a pretty long term thing though. Short term I think we have to
somehow take care of the kids. After that, I don't know but I know that idiotic
talking points won't help figure it out.

I can almost agree to legalize mj. The problem I see with it is how do you tell if they are under the influence while driving ect? The bigger problem as I understand it is the hard drugs like cocaine and the U.S. purchases more of those drugs than any other country. That is what keeps these guys in business. So in that sense we create the problem.
It is a hard one. You feel so bad about the children and yet we can not possibly take care of all of the kids in the world. We can't take care of our own kids.

Not to change the point but I saw a report the other day that was put out by Wall Street who states that income inequality IS a big problem. Made a lot of sense because when you break it down to one simple point...it is the middle class who spends and keeps the economy moving whereas the 1% is such a small faction that their spending can't possibly make up the difference...just how many new cars can they buy!

I hope all are watching the debacle over seas. It is getting, once again, hot in Iraq. Keep your eyes on chicken...with Russia now placing sanctions on the U.S. chicken prices may plummet. If so, start eating a lot of chicken!!! It is good for you anyway!

The world is such a mess. Now, I just added more to debate on didn't I.

That's true, I think, because some people, that make money on espousing entrenched positions and talking points,
have convinced other people to never compromise no matter how stupid the position.

I don't believe that any Pitracer denizen seriously believes that an 8 or 9 year old kid should be hustled
onto a plane and sent back to wherever without some process to see if that is the best thing for the
kid. We don't do that to stray dogs.

But finding a solution to the issue of unaccompanied kids coming here because they think
they'll be better off demands compromise on all sides. We need to somehow stop them and
the people that sent them from thinking it's a good idea and still treat them as otherwise
innocent kids. Yelling that they'll get free insurance (they won't) or that we need a better
fence with armed troops (hasn't worked and won't) or that we should just let all illegal
immigrants become citizens (made things worse when Reagan tried it ) doesn't help and
prevents compromises that would help.

A non-moto classic. A post about compromise without compromise.

And now a compromised post. Did you read it? It doesn't make sense.
I was serious. If you didn't understand it I must not have been clear, would be happy to make
it clearer if I could figure out what you didn't understand.

Back