3.5 Billion for immigration?

Don't be lost. We'll get back on topic eventually.

No reply so the assumption will be that this post was just a clumsy rhetorical attempt.
You didn't really read that and not understand it, did you?

The problem will never be resolved until our borders are controlled. The dems and the establishment repubs are responsible for the porous borders. Anyone or any group proposing to remedy the open border problem is attacked and maligned by both of these groups and all of their affiliated organizations.

Sorry, out riding. But the question remains, lost where?

I still don't understand how K01 apparently completely mis-read my post.
No worries, I'm going riding.

Without compromise, compromised and uncompromising?

A little ride down by the border?

I think K01's blinders are on so that if it isn't what he expects, it's not compromise. I'm just guessing
though, really don't have much idea why he said that. And I'm doubtful he'll address it.

You're riding in Washington? I need to get out to Port Angeles to ride with a friend that lives near there. Real rainforest, not like this temporary stuff we're having here.

No I just named a state to, wasn't sure where the thread was headed. Lol my bad, actually headed to western reserve in an hour if the rain holds off.

I think K01's blinders are on so that if it isn't what he expects, it's not compromise. I'm just guessing
though, really don't have much idea why he said that. And I'm doubtful he'll address it.

I've "said" a few things. What did I say that you are referring to?

You seem to think 'compromise' = 'no compromise' and I don't understand why. My guess is
because you've confused compromise with losing but I really don't know, maybe I just didn't
express myself in a way that was understandable.

Going to be riding near the Colorado river, not the Rio Grand. It doesn't really go to the
ocean anymore, sort of ends when all the water is used up.

You seem to think 'compromise' = 'no compromise' and I don't understand why. My guess is
because you've confused compromise with losing but I really don't know, maybe I just didn't
express myself in a way that was understandable.

Going to be riding near the Colorado river, not the Rio Grand. It doesn't really go to the
ocean anymore, sort of ends when all the water is used up.

I've only had my FX-1 as far south as Havasu and the Parker dam on the Colorado but as far as I know, the river will still get you to our border with Mexico. And btw the river delta was flooded this year.

Did you read your own post on compromise? Where in that post does the bashing end and the compromising begin?

Is "We need to somehow stop them and the people that sent them from thinking it's a
good idea and still treat them as otherwise innocent kids" not a compromise between
the "send them back" and "give them amnesty" shouting points?

Maybe you don't understand what compromise entails? If my idea is not acceptable to you
and your's is not acceptable to me, we need to take bits of each and find something
else. Saying "that's not compromise" and not suggesting another tactic is same old
shouting point method that doesn't work and doesn't help.

Is "We need to somehow stop them and the people that sent them from thinking it's a
good idea and still treat them as otherwise innocent kids" not a compromise between
the "send them back" and "give them amnesty" shouting points?

Maybe you don't understand what compromise entails? If my idea is not acceptable to you
and your's is not acceptable to me, we need to take bits of each and find something
else. Saying "that's not compromise" and not suggesting another tactic is same old
shouting point method that doesn't work and doesn't help.

That's a selected quote.
Who is saying, "that's not compromise"? I didn't say that.

A non-moto classic. A post about compromise without compromise.

Is the rest of your original post perhaps without compromise?

That's true, I think, because some people, that make money on espousing entrenched positions and talking points,
have convinced other people to never compromise no matter how stupid the position.

I don't believe that any Pitracer denizen seriously believes that an 8 or 9 year old kid should be hustled
onto a plane and sent back to wherever without some process to see if that is the best thing for the
kid. We don't do that to stray dogs.

But finding a solution to the issue of unaccompanied kids coming here because they think
they'll be better off demands compromise on all sides. We need to somehow stop them and
the people that sent them from thinking it's a good idea and still treat them as otherwise
innocent kids. Yelling that they'll get free insurance (they won't) or that we need a better
fence with armed troops (hasn't worked and won't) or that we should just let all illegal
immigrants become citizens (made things worse when Reagan tried it ) doesn't help and
prevents compromises that would help.

Did we miss a play on the word compromise?

Back to the border anyone?

Back